001

Jeon Jungkook Online

 

"Have you ever fallen in love? Jean Jungkook sure hasn't. He's a hot fishing rod with y abs and a pretty face, still a virg-"

 

"Yah! Why are you narrating my life?! And don't make me sound so cheap," the younger man charged into Hoseok, smacking him hard in the back, making the man yelp in pain. He rubbed his distressed back, then rapidly turned to face Jungkook, eyeing him with a sparkle. He was determined to insult his friend.

"It's true though. You got to admit it, you lone, single sou-" he got smacked in the head, once again, before he could finish his statement. Hoseok was a rude critic, after all.

"Don't call me that!" The younger man whined, crossing his arms, unwilling to face his friend like a little child throwing a tantrum. He made a strange noise alone the lines of 'Hmf,' stomping into the corner of the living room, the only corner being next to the bin.

"Oh, don't go sulking after you slapped my beautiful face. I should be the one sulking," the unapologetic Hoseok said, patting his face lightly to relief the growing sting. But the lone soul ignored his comebacks, refusing to move from his rightful place, next to the green bin with the rotten fish bones.

The older man could only sigh. Getting his younger brother out of this phase would take a long time. The first time he had been like this, because of someone's, not pointing fingers, harsh words, he sulked in the corner of the room for 2 hours. It the life out of Hoseok to make his friend happy again. But even with hard effort, he had accomplished nothing, so he gave up and watched his favourite drama, 'Roommate' where he could watch his Youngji and Sunny providing free entertainment whilst eating unhealthy snacks, his favourite being a particular potato chip branded 'Lay's.'

So he sat there, smiling and giggling when his Sunny acted cute or jabbing the couch with a closed fist when Jackson, the so called demon to Hoseok, appeared too close to his Younji, all the while eating Lay's. Who cares about to dark aura in the corner. Hoseok couldn't help but forget about him for the time being when 'Roommate' was playing.

When the bell rang, Hoseok growled, reluctant to leave his show but trudged towards the door for his delivery package.

"Yah, Jeon Loser! I got ice cream for you." He leaned against the wall with a bag of bad bribes. If anything was going to make Jungkook move, he knew ice cream was his best hope. After messing with Jungkook for many years, he had learnt of the younger man's habits. He was an unfair cheater, you could call him.

"…What flavour?" The gloomy mushroom said for the first time in almost 2 hours. Hoseok's lips twitched up into an evil smirk, knowing he had already won this play.

"You know, just the plain old choc fudge brownie from Ben and Jerry's." And his plan clicked into place. Jungkook dashed towards the man, snatching the bag of goodies, then sitting on one of the two worned out couches.

"Shoot, we really need new chairs, J. These are breaking down as the day passes by. So, what did my Lee Guk Joo do this time?"

...And that was what had happened last time. Now that he thought about it, he spent a whole stash of bills, money worth 2 days worth of part time jobs to buy that bucket of the premium ice cream. The ice cream itself was hell expensive and adding the cost of the delivery, if this happened often, he was going to get poor in no time. And even more, the two pigs, Ben and Jerry's, sold their 'super' spoon for ₩2,000 (~$2) each, the 'special' spoon being a normal teaspoon. In fact, it was worst then a normal teaspoon. It was wooden, snapped easily and their wasn't even a head to scoop the dam ice cream!

So in other words, it was a stick.

You know, those twiggy things you find on the ground everywhere. But the deal with this everyday stick was that Jungkook adored it. Loved it. He refused to eat his branded ice cream with a 'boring' spoon. Why did Jungkook like the expensive things? He had chosen the wrong person to befriend. He should have check the price tagged before attempting to annoy the out lf this man.

But despite the way they fought everyday, the duo had been good friends for as long as they could imagine, which they couldn't. Jungkook would always try to recall why he was friends with such a stupid guy but he somehow couldn't. It just happened. But what he could remember was their meeting.

"Hey, you pretty boy," a strange looking man, like a ert, walked up to Jungkook. He was on a school bench, reading a Korean literature book until his train of thoughts were disrupted. He turned around to see if there was anyone behind him but it seemed that the man was talking to him.

"Me?" He blinked.

"Yeah, you," he grinned and did a weird pose, sending Jungkook the feeling that this man was a creep and he definitely should not hang out with him, nor make contact with him during his years in high school. He wanted to stay clean.

"You gay? Dude, sorry but I just can't- " even before he could finish his sentence, it was thrown into disarray by a horrid sounding laugh, like those maniac fairytale witches. If he didn't know better, this man could be a witch. He laughed and laughed, and still continued to laugh. Jungkook raised his eyebrows, making a mental tick in his list of what not to do during high school. As he was about to walk away, the man breathed out a few words.

"Gay?! You're funny! I came here to irritate you but it seems you're a funny man."

Thats it. Run away. Stay away from the creep.

For some reason, they ended up being friends, but seriously? Housemates? Thats a bizarre leap. Now people would even see them as a gay couple, and everytime someone mentioned this, Hoseok would laugh the same horrid laugh.

Onto expensive ice cream, there was no way he was going to give the man his chocolate today. Wasting so much money, enough to buy himself at least one game online to enjoy for eternity, on a sulking boy was not worth it. It wasn't his fault that Jungkook was like this. *Cough, cough, bullcrap, cough.*

 But it was a terrible day for him to sulk. Why did 'Roommate' only not show on the day he needed it? So instead, he flicked through random channels hoping to find an exciting new adventure but he realised how much he needed his Youngji and Sunny to live properly. Without them, he was forced to recognise the gloomy aura, sending shivers down his spine everytime.

He couldn't take it anymore. It was driving him insane. Rather then sleeping with nightmares, comforting his friend was much better.

"Ya, Loser! Stop sulking! Aren't you a man?" He tried to joke with his usual self. Of course, that was bound to fail as the reason Jungkook always ended up in the corner was because of Hoseok's usual self. Jungkook didn't budge, remaining stationary, even too stationary that you would think he wasn't breathing. Maybe he wasn't. If someone could last 2 hours frozen with no numbness, who knows what else the alien could do.

"Oh, stop doing this," Hoseok said, rubbing his temples, "You always give me a headache when you're like this. Who the hell does this to you and makes me suffer?"

Indeed. I wonder who made Jungkook the way he always sulks and makes Hoseok suffer.

That's right.

Jung Hoseok was ranked 327 out of 329, the second last being one of those rebellious kids with the eyeliner and and the very last man being a bully victim, always attempting to prove he wasn't the nerd he was said to be.

Hoseok was always proud of his score, boasting to the world how he was one of the only students who received an 'F' every year, abbreviating the word 'Fantastic.'

He was an idiot to put it simply.

But you could never ever just say that! Making out the work 'Fantastic' instead of 'fail' was an incredibly creative, but oblivious as for he had never realised what an 'F' stood for, way to think of things in life. So to give an actual definition,

Jung Hoseok: a creative, oblivious idiotic creature.

How could three perfect insults describe someone so well? That could never be answered.

Continuing on from the part where he blamed someone else for Jungkook's tantrum;

What did he do to make his friend happy? You really want to know? Well, to start off, let's say he did a lot of things to make his friend happy and anyone, even a stranger could see it clearly wasn't working. Here's a list on what he attempted:

1. He tried the retaliation, returning the two slaps he got before this happened, but this only made the man become more pissed, his dark aura overtaking the house, swallowing Hoseok on the way.

2. He attempted the copycatfollowing Jungkook's actions, sitting next to him and sulking in a ball. What was the point of this? Who knew. He gave up in 10 minutes when he couldn't feel his legs anymore.

3. Hoseok played the victim, testing his acting skills in a difficult test. Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he cried to himself, praying to the gods above. What wrong had he done? Why was it that his friend, his brother, his soul sibling acted this was to him? This was so vexing. He couldn't take it anymore. He felt like dying being treated this way. Maybe, if he went to the afterlife, he would meet his betraying friend once again and maybe, just maybe, he would accept his apo- Even before he had completed this task, he was punched far away, a bottle of liquid penetrating through the air, namely, 'Eye Tears. Perfect for fake crying!' 

4. He complained. This wasn't an attempt to cheer up his friend but actual complaining. He was complaining for real. It went along the lines of, "How dare you punch me?! Why on the same spot as before? Now it's burning like hell! Look! It's turning purple! You owe me big bucks for the monster. What if I can't ever get girls again? Huh?! Huh?! What if I can't get married because of your 'physical attack?' I was trying to prove how much of a friend I am but no, you go and result to violence! Look at it! Look at it! You know what?! I hate you! I'm not talking to you ever again."

5. About 5 minutes after stomping away, to the kitchen and if you hear closely, you would realised that he did not go there to sulk but to munch on another bag of Lay's, he returned to try a new tactic, the bargain. Related to before, he continued his long speech. "You know what? Because I'm a kind friend, I will forgive you. No way! Ha! Did you think I would? Well, maybe I will if you made a deal with me. How bout you give me ₩100,000 (~$100) and we shake hands and forget about this? No, how about you give me that game I always wanted from your room? Wait, but then I can't play it because you have the console. How bout you give me your console and with a friendly smile, I will accept your great bonus of that game? I know right! I'm such a smart person! What a great deal!" And because of this, he was abused again. On the same spot. The same purple bruise.

He resulted to attempt 4.

I hate to say this and I know this sounds really sad folks but, he continued this for an hour.

At exactly 7:03pm, 6 seconds, 55 milliseconds on the 18th June, the year 2015, Jeon Jungkook, Korean male, student, 18 years of age, spoke after 1 hour of amusement.

"If I can't find a girl, can you fine one for me?"

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

 

LOLOLOL, I LOVE YA HOBI!! I AIN'T KIDDING, I REALLY DO! YOU'RE SMART BUT I REALLY NEEDED SOMEONE TO PLAY THIS ROLE! SORRY :3 xoxo

I dunno, a filler chapter on their friendship?

Thanks,

  Exoinspire XOXO