Healing Relationships

Tomorrow May Not Exist

"Alright everyone he's coming down!!" Taehyun cried

"Quick quick where's the camera?" Jinhwan's sister asked. Everyone started clapping as Jinhwan walked down the stairs all dressed up, ready to meet Jiwon. Hanbin watched him in awe.

"Why are you all clapping?? You guys are so extra" Jinhwan rolled his eyes

"You look so good bro!" Jinhwan's sister cried

"Knock him dead baby" Taehyun exclaimed

"Alright, enough is enough. Can I go now?" Jinhwan pleaded. He looked at himself one last time in the mirror to make sure he looked perfect.

"Umm....Jinhwan?" Hanbin called out

"Yes?"

Hanbin quickly remembered how Jiwon liked Jinhwan's hair combed to the front. Even though Hanbin liked it swept to the side, he wanted Jinhwan to look perfect for Jiwon.

"Your hair" Hanbin replied

"What?" Jinhwan hesitated. Hanbin moved closer, and used his hands to comb Jinhwan's hair to the front. "You look better this way" Hanbin smiled. "Now, go" he added.

--

Jinhwan arrived to the place Jiwon called him to. It was some kind of hall, and it was dark and empty. Then suddenly, a bright spotlight blinded Jinhwan. When he saw properly, another spotlight appeared, showcasing Jiwon in a black suit holding a bouquet of flowers. Jinhwan smiled as Jiwon walked towards him.

"Jiwon, all this-"

"Please, just let me. I know you don't have love to give me today. But I'm sure someday you will have...I'm sure. And I'll await that day, because I know that day will come...for sure. But for today, please have faith in my love. Because, I know it's enough for both of us Jinhwan...enough for both of us. I wanted to give these flowers to you earlier, too...I couldn't. Please don't refuse them today. The truth is, I have always loved you. Even when I thought I didn't, I did. That love was deep inside of me, and even though it took so long for it to come out, it will never die. Never. Jinhwan, I love you. I love you so much. Someone once told me that love is friendship, because if the person you love doesn't become a friend first, you can never fully love them, as love doesn't happen without friendship anyway. I'm so thankful to have found the love of my life...in my best friend. You are my first love, and I'll hope you'll be the last too. Jinhwan...will you marry me?"

The whole room lit as Jiwon said these five words. He slowly got down on one knee, and looked up to the love his life. Jinhwan's eyes filled with tears, and he slowly closed his eyes.

--

The phone rang, and everyone jumped. "Answer it!" Taehyun yelled. "Will you calm down?" Hanbin asked as he quickly ran to the phone. "Hello?" He answered. "Yes. Oh..." his voice trailed off as he put the phone down. Jinhwan's mother quickly ran to Hanbin as his face fell. He leaned in.

"He said yes" he whispered. At once, everyone got up and started screaming and cheering. Hanbin smiled as he watched everyone jump up and down in celebration. "Everybody come on! I need a hug" he yelled. And everyone huddled in for a group hug. Hanbin's mother was the only one who could see the sorrow in his eyes. He tried his best to keep his tears from falling, but was unsuccessfull. Everybody thought he was crying tears of joy, and mocked him for being too emotional. Hanbin's mother was the only one who understood, and even cried along with him.

--

Jiwon's parents were at Jinhwan's house to discuss all the details of the engagement party and wedding date.

"So it's decided, that the wedding will take place two days after the engagement?" Jiwon's parents smiled.

"Yes of course" Jinhwan's mother replied

"Dad would have been so happy if he was here" Jinhwan's sister butted in

"Yes, Jiwon did tell us. It's so sad. What happened?" Jiwon's mother asked

"Heart attack" Jinhwan's sister replied. Jinhwan's mother quickly froze. "My husband didn't die of a heart attack...he commited suicide" she said quietly. Silence quickly fell around the room, as Jinhwan's sister looked at her mother with such hatred in her eyes.

--

"Why did you have to tell them the truth?" Jinhwan's sister yelled

"You cannot base new relationships on a lie, Sei Yeon" her mother replied

"You couldn't even handle old relationships. How will you know how to handle new ones?"

"Relationships are not handled. They are maintained. But what would you know about them?"

"I know enough. You are not our mother. You are just a burden. A burden which took away all the happiness in the family, took away peace, took away our dad. I hate you!" Sei Yeon sobbed. "We are still paying for dad's mistakes. The first mistake he made was marrying you" she continued.

"He made another one too" Hanbin interrupted

"You? When did you get here? And who do you think you are to interfere in our family matters?" Sei Yeon replied

"No one...just a voice that should have reached you a long time ago. A truth that you should have realised long ago" Hanbin siad quietly

"Please..." Jinhwan's mother cried

"Mrs Kim. Please let me. Since you're harping on the truth, I'd like to tell you a truth too. About your dad's illicit relationship, which he hid from everyone. But he couldn't hide the result. Do you know what the result was? The result was you." Hanbin revealed. Sei Yeon's eyes filled up with tears.

"You. Your own mother wouldn't accept you, but Mrs. Kim did. She could have seen the face of the other woman in your face, she could have seen her husband's mistakes, his affair in your face. But what she chose to see were those incomplete eyes, and she chose to complete those eyes by filling them with love.Your dad would have understood her pain and anger, but he couldn't understand her motherly love. Her strength reminded him every minute of his own weakness, and it was this feeling that took his life. Not your mother" Hanbin explained shakily. Sei Yeon quickly fell to the floor and sobbed. The truth had finally been revealed today.

"Dear Eun Ah,
                        I know that in the past I have always enquired about Sei Yeon, but never about you. But today, in this last letter, I want to thank you. Thank you so much Eun Ah. Thank you. Women have it in them to forgive the mistakes their husbands make, but very few women have the courage to accept the mistake and shower love to such a degree that it no longer remains. You accepted Sei Yeon when I, her mother couldn't accept her. And for this, I'll always remain indebted to you. They say that when someone makes a mistake, they also possess the ability to pay the price for it. But Eun Ah, all these years you have paid a price for a mistake that was not yours in the first place. And all because of me. If you can, please forgive me. I'm sorry Eun Ah, I'm really sorry. I caused you a lot of pain. I'm sorry that I'm the reason your husband got snatched away from you. I'm very sorry. Please forgive me."

Jinhwan sobbed as he read the letter, and quickly ran to his mother and sister. "He was a good man" his mother cried. "He just made a small mistake. But it's ok. Then I never would have got you" she sobbed. "I'm so sorry mom" Sei Yeon cried. They all hugged each other and cried until their hearts content. Finally, Jinhwan's perfect family was complete. All the distances were bridged, a usual day in the Kim household was no longer, in Taehyun's words "an episode of Maury". Jinhwan's mother and sister were closer than ever, and it was finally a joy to be at home. All thanks to Hanbin. The guardian angel Hanbin

--

To be continued...