Chapter 1

Tomorrow May Not Exist

Jinhwan tossed and turned as his morning alarm blared. "5:30am" the clock read. He rubbed his eyes, sighed angrily and got out of bed. He felt so miserable but that was just like another day for him, misery was not just an emotion to him anymore, it was a lifestyle. For Jinhwan, every morning was the same old same old. He would go to the bathroom, brush his teeth, choose his clothes for the day, and wish for the day to be over already. Scanning the clock, Jinhwan thought to himself, "I haven't been there in a while...do I have time to go?". After spending 5 minutes thinking, Jinhwan made his decision, slipped on his jogging clothes and left the house. "Good morning Mr. Kim" the mailman greeted, but as usual Jinhwan ignored him. It was a cool morning in Seoul,  the sun rays were peeking through the clouds, shining down on the city, but Jinhwan hated this weather and would take cloudy and rainy days any day.
His morning jog normally took 20 minutes, but today he decided to take a detour to the Han River. Upon arriving, Jinhwan sat on a bench and watched the river glisten in the sunlight. His eyes filled to the brim with tears, as he reminisced the times when his father would bring him here as a child, and they would play and bond until the sun set. But after his father died, he rarely visited. Whenever he missed him, he would come here, as it was the only place the memory of his father existed to him. After spending 30 minutes there, Jinhwan jogged back home, and as usual his mother and sister were arguing when he got there.
"Do you two ever give it a rest?" Jinhwan raged. "She started it!" his sister replied, "well I'm gonna finish it if you don't shut the hell up" Jinhwan snapped. "For Gods sake Jinhwan, why do you always take her side? Do you forget what she did? She tries to lecture us about everything. Has she forgotten her place? Has she forgotten that she's the reason dad-" Jinhwan held up his hand. "Don't you dare" he whispered. Silence fell between the two siblings. What was rarely mentioned in the house was brought up today. Jinhwan's father committed suicide, and although no one knew the reason, rumors speculate that it was because his mother was having an affair with another man. She never denied or confirmed this fact. "You two....just forget it" Jinhwan muttered as he ran upstairs. He changed his clothes and without saying another word, slammed the door on his way out. This was just another day for Jinhwan, a family argument followed by his furious walkout, and meeting his idiotic,diva and unfortunately best friend and neighbour Taehyun at the train station.

"Ugh I need to stop eating triple chocolate muffins for breakfast, I'm so fat it's not even cute"

"You aren't fat Taehyun"

"Shut up Jinhwan what do you know? Ugh do I need to cut my hair? It's getting so long isn't it?"

"No, you don't"

"Wow Jinhwan, correct me if I'm wrong but you are 1000 times more miserable today. What's up?"

Jinhwan sighed "My mom and sister argued again today, and-"

"Stop right there" Taehyun interrupted. "Damn Jinhwan why is hell is everyday at your house an episode of Maury? Last night even I could hear your mom and sis screaming the house down. Mino was right, babes...you guys need help"

"Tell Mino to stop acting like a damn counselor. How are you guys anyway?"

"Oh my lord we have never been better, I think he is gonna pop the question any day now!!!!" Taehyun squealed

"Wow congrats, let me know if he does" Jinhwan replied

"And the love making is AMAZING I'm surprised I can even walk today-"

"Ok ok thats enough" Jinhwan interrupted

"Is it too much to handle Jinny? When are you gonna get yourself a man anyway?" Taehyun asked as he ate yet another chocolate muffin.

"I don't need one" Jinhwan coolly replied

"I don't need a man I don't need a man WHAT??" Taehyun sang

"Ok as you hold your own karaoke session I need to go now, I'm late" Jinhwan said. He waved goodbye to Taehyun and waited outside the train station for his other best friend, Jiwon, as they went to dance practice every evening. "I can't believe he is making me wait in the rain for his late " Jinhwan thought to himself. Jiwon was late everyday, but no matter what, Jinhwan always waited for him. "Jinhwaaaaaaannnnnn" he heard a voice call behind him. Jinhwan turned around and saw Jiwon strutting towards him.

"Wazzzzz guuuuuuuuuuud"

"You're late" Jinhwan snapped.

"Sorry" Jiwon whined.

Jinhwan sighed, because even he knew that he could never stay mad at Jiwon, they just had that type of relationship. "It's ok, shall we go?" he asked. "Yeah lets go" Jiwon said as he huddled underneath Jinhwan's umbrella. "So how was your weekend?" Jiwon asked. "Fantastic as usual, I had dinner with the Queen of England" Jinhwan sarcastically replied. "Haaaaaa you are so funny, anyway, I heard there are new recruits at dance today, I heard they are hELLA cute" Jinhwan rolled his eyes, "typical Jiwon" he thought.

"Good luck trying to get them, just don't get punched in the eye like last time"

"C'mon Jin, you know me, smooth as cappuccino am I right?!"

"Oh god, I can already tell this is gonna go bad" Jinhwan though to himself

Upon arriving at the dance class, Jiwon scanned the room for his prey. "Oh my god jinhwan look at him over there" he whispered whilst pointing to a tall, frowning figure. "I'm gonna go and ask him about himself" "good luck" Jinhwan replied.

Jiwon casually walked up to the tall, handsome guy

"Ayyyy, haven't I seen you somewhere before?" Jiwon asked

"Yeah, I work at the STD clinic you're always at, bye" the handsome guy replied. Jinhwan, who was observing Jiwon in action, was trying very hard not to burst out laughing.

"Junhoe come on! Our group is starting practice now" a boy said as he went over to Jiwon and Junhoe. "Who's this joker?" he said, squiting his eyes at Jiwon. "I don't even know and I don't care. Let's go Donghyuk" Junhoe said as he walked away.

Jinhwan walked over to Jiwon, who was still in shock from what just happened. "Smooth as cappuccino yeah?" Jinhwan laughed. "Don't, okay?" Jiwon slumped into the corner and started writing in a small red journal. Jinhwan never knew what Jiwon wrote in his journal, he had never asked him. Jiwon was crazy, the first time Jinhwan met him, he didn't like him at all, but now he was his best friend, the bestest friend he could ever ask for, and he wouldn't change him for anyone in the world.

Dance class had finished, Jinhwan was exhausted and made his way home, and it was no surprise that his mother and sister were arguing again. He could see tears running down their faces, smashed photo frames scattered on the floor, furniture knocked over. Jinhwan didn't have the strength to deal with them again, so he quietly walked up the stairs and into his room. He lied on his bed, gazing out of the window at the stars. When Jinhwan was little, his father told him that all stars were angels in the sky, and if you ever needed help, to just wish on a star, and your guardian angel would come down from the sky to help you. Jinhwan used to think that this was true, but after countless years of wishing on stars for his father to come back, he had grown out of the habit. But for some reason, looking at the stars helped him feel closer to his father. The stars were shining brighter than usual tonight, so for old times sake, Jinhwan closed his eyes and wished for a ray of hope in his life. Just a small ray of hope.

"When will my guardian angel come?" He wondered.