Minwoo's Ghost Story

Run to You

The next morning…

                Both Hyemi and Kyungri are ready to go jogging. They are doing some stretching at the front yard. Heecheol is looking at them from the window with his hair strands out like alien’s antennas while Minwoo is still busy fighting like a robot in his sleep.

“Eonnie, let’s gooooo…!” Hyemi orders.

                They both then are going to the main road to jog. On their way, they meet the villa’s owner and spend some time to have a chat.

Heecheol then takes a shower and prepares a light breakfast for four of them. He spends about thirty minutes in the kitchen to make pancakes and coffee.

“Waaaaah.. smells good!!” Hyemi exclaims from the front door.

“You made all of these, oppa?” Kyungri eyes wide open.

“Yeah.. I’m cool, right?” Heecheol smiles. “Go wake Minwoo up..” he asks Hyemi.

“Is there something you need help with? I’m good at cooking…” Kyungri comes towards Heecheol, offering a help.

“Nah, I’m not cooking. It’s just.. pancake?”

“I’ll be cooking for dinner later, then…”

“Okay, call!” Heecheol nods.

  Minwoo then comes with messy hair and Hyemi orders him to sit. Three of them are looking at him in a weird way.

“Yah, can you wash your face first? There’s something at the corner of your mouth…”

                The girls are showing sour expressions as they are scared of the rare animal they just saw. Minwoo then goes to the kitchen sink and washes his face there, he also ‘brushes’ his teeth with his pointy finger.

“What kind of human are you?” Heecheol puts some pancakes on Minwoo’s plate.

“Singing in the shower, talking in your sleep, kicking around as well… amazing!” Hyemi shakes her head.

“How do you know he talks in his sleep?” Heecheol asks.

“He was giving a speech when I was about to wake him up, then he almost kicked me when I came closer…” Hyemi explains.

“Mian.. I was having a hard time today…” Minwoo eats the pancake without using the fork.

“What hard time? You were sleeping on our way to come here right after you eat your kebab. You didn’t even know we were struggling to find the right route..” Hyemi nags.

“It’s because you couldn’t read the map!” Kyungri says, then laughs like crazy.

                After they had breakfast, Kyungri decides to work on her sales report so she can immediately send it to her manager and have some free time after that. Hyemi sits at the terrace, busily taking selfie with the mountain as the background. Minwoo is watching TV while Heecheol is staying in his room, proofreading the novel.

                Her scent is something that I always like. Park Soojin is the woman that I really want to meet in the next life. I don’t want to lose her, I love her to death. I hate seeing her with other man. That man. Do Junha!

“Do Junha… New character!”

                Do Junha is someone that I never knew existed in this world. He lives his life carelessly. He looks old, he looks like a cold-blooded murderer. I don’t even want to think about that man. The fact that Soojin loves him is making me mad. Soojin is mine.

“Eh?”

                I bought a cute teddy bear keychain for Soojin yesterday. I’m planning to give it to her today. She said she wanted to say something to me. I cannot wait to see her face, to hear her voice. When she walks towards me, there will be a love song playing in my head and flower petals are flying around.

“Seriously, this author totally sounds like a more babo version of Minwoo… hehe!”

“What?” Minwoo notices it accidentally.

“Ah, you’re here! Hahaha. Mian! I just don’t like this person’s narration..”

Heecheol did not realize that Minwoo is coming to their room because he was too immersed reading the text.

“What is that, hyung?”

“A raw copy of a soon-to-be novel. This author somehow, is very amazing…”

“So… you don’t like the narration from an amazing author which is the more babo version of me.. you are very smart, hyung!”

“I know…” Heecheol read the text again.

                Minwoo closes the door right after he makes sure that the girls are far away from the room. He then sits next to Heecheol on the bed.

“I was right. Kyungri is having a crush on you!” Minwoo half whispers.

                Heecheol is looking at Minwoo with a sour expression, he never found a man who puts his face so close to his and it is making him uncomfortable.

“Can’t you just be normal, please… you always either dragging me around to the corner or whispering something to me..” Heecheol whines.

“I’m sorry, I’m just worried that they will hear our convo..” Minwoo then stands in front of the bathroom door.

“Now, what are you doing?”

“Seems like you’ll be okay if I talk from afar..”

                Heecheol sighs, rolls his eyes then goes back to the text. He is saying ‘whatever’ in a quiet mode. Minwoo then pulls out something from his bag. A 200-pieces-set of One Piece puzzle. He then goes to the living room while calling out Hyemi’s name, he plans to ask her to play together.


 

In the evening…

The girls are preparing the meat to be grilled, Minwoo is mixing the soup and Heecheol is busily frying the eggs. Then they are sitting at the dining room and enjoy their dinner. After that, they spend some times in the living room, exchanging stories about their lives, Minwoo suddenly starts telling a ghost story to the other three.

“It happened when I was in junior high. My class was on the third floor. I joined the dance committee. We had like 25 members at that time. We practiced after school until about 7 p.m but sometimes we stayed at school just for chatting, so we would go home about at 8 or 9 p.m. One day, we were talking about the most annoying teacher in our school when suddenly one of the members wanted to go to the toilet, so he went there alone instead. Not long after that he came back but his face was pale, like super pale. He sat at his seat and it was at the corner and reading a book. I remember that my mother always needed help to close the shop at 8.30 p.m, so I went home before that. When I was on the second floor, I met my friend again, the pale one earlier. He said that there was no water at the third floor toilet, that’s why he came to the second floor. I told him what we saw before and he was shocked. He then asked me to go back to the class with him and when we arrived, the pale ‘friend’ at the corner earlier vanished.. ”

                Right after Minwoo finishes the last sentence of his ghost story, the power goes off all of sudden. The girls are screaming in panic.

“Mwooyaaa~~~” Hyemi, half crying.

                Then Heecheol feels something on his right hand. Kyungri holds it tight. Heecheol can feel that she is extremely scared. All the door and windows has locked so it kind of safe somehow.

“We can see the owner’s house from here, right? Take a look outside, see if there’s any lights at his house..”

                Then the sound of someone walking is heard, Minwoo apparently checks it out by opening the curtain a little bit.

“Hyemi-yah, where are you?” Heecheol asks.

“I’m sitting on the sofa. I’m not going to move or do anything..”

                Heecheol feels that Kyungri hold his arm tighter than ever, he knows that something is wrong happening to her.

“Kyungri-yah, are you okay?”

“I… I… I can’t .. breathe…”

                Sounds like something is blocking her respiration system. Kyungri cannot breathe and speak well. Her hands are extremely shaking.

“What? Why? What’s wrong with you..??!” Heecheol panics.

“Oppa, Kyungri eonnie has a severe fear of darkness. She didn’t want me to turn off the light when we were to going to sleep last night..” Hyemi tries to explain.

“Minwoo-yah, give me your phone, turn on the flashlight. Hyemi-yah, do the same…” Heecheol starts to reach his cell phone in his pocket then he turns the flashlight on.

“I... can’t breathe….” Kyungri says with a shaky voice.

                Right when Minwoo is about to give Heecheol his cell phone, there is a knock on the door from outside the house.

“Minwoo-yah, stop fooling around..”

“Hyung, I’m standing in front you now, holding my cell phone with a flashlight, and you know that. You can clearly see me moving my cell now..” Minwoo says while moving his phone upside down.

“Oppa, I’m here sitting at your left. My arms are not long enough to reach the door..” Hyemi said.

                The sound of someone knocking the door is very terrifying. The four lambs cannot do anything and get ready to be eaten by the predator. But then…

“Ms. Pyo! Are you in there? I’m Mr. Han…”

“Oh, that ahjusshi…” Hyemi whispers. “Oppa, let’s go open the door..” Hyemi asks Minwoo.

                They both carefully reach the front door together. They can barely find the door knob because they left the flashlights in front of Heecheol. Kyungri is still struggling to breathe.

“Listen to me, you’re gonna be alright. Try to breathe slowly, okay? Follow me..” Heecheol guides Kyungri to breathe slowly and makes her calm.

                Both Hyemi and Minwoo still doubt to open the door, they both remember Minwoo’s story earlier.

“If he has a pale face, I’ll just slam the door immediately..” Hyemi says that to Minwoo.

“I’m gonna run away…”

                The door is opened and they see the villa’s owner standing at the terrace holding an emergency lamp.

“I thought no one’s home. This, take this. It’s not going take long. Probably just about 10 to 20 minutes. I was going to give this to you in the morning but I forgot. The village is frequently doing this at the third week every month, you know, to save the energy..”

                Heecheol then says thanks to Mr. Han from the inside of the house while Hyemi and Minwoo standing in front of the door like ice blocks.

“I’ll be in my house, you can go there if you need something, okay? See you later..”

Mr. Han leaves us and Heecheol asks Minwoo walk him out then locks the front gate and the door. Four of them then stay at the living room, make a circle around the emergency lamp.