She's Back...

Run to You

                On that one fine day, Heecheol sat in a café with a soft music playing as the background. He was wearing a blue jacket which his brother, Kevin bought a week ago. He typed the name on the contact list on his phone. His thumb stopped when his eyes saw a familiar name which he secretly missed so much. Heecheol smiled at himself then his mind came back to three years ago when he had a very great time with the owner of that name. His smiled disappeared when he heard a lady’s voice towards the seat behind him. He looked over.

“Minha?” he whispered, asking question to no one but himself.

                He then back to his seat. He was confused, whether to greet her or not. This was the first time he saw her again. The person who made his heart beat so fast, the owner of the name which made him smiling like crazy whenever they were apart.

Minha and Heecheol sat behind each other without knowing who the person at the other side. Heecheol secretly was trying to hear what kind of conversation she was in with a man who looked super confident and sat in front of Minha.

“Thank you for saving me this morning. I messed my own work..” he said.

“That’s okay, Hyungsik-sshi. That kind of stuff happens, often..” Minha giggled.

“That was the most embarrassing moment in my entire life. I don’t want to remember it anymore..”

“Excuse me, are you a couple?” asked the waiter who suddenly gave them the menu.

“No..” “Yes” Both Minha and Hyungsik answered at the same time.

                The waiter looked pretty confused at their answers. He then left them the menu and asked them to call him again whenever they are ready to order.

“Why did you say no?”

“Because we are not a couple..” Minha answered.

“You didn’t see the banner at the entry? 20% discount for couples..”

“Ah, I’m sorry I didn’t see that..”

“That’s fine, you owe me a bowl of tteokbokki then. Next time.. ”

                Hyungsik smiles at Minha while she is trying to figure out what kind of situation she was in. Heecheol listened to all the conversation during their meals, without moving an inch.

“Do you have a boyfriend?”

“Huh??” Minha surprised at that question. “Uh.. I… uh..”

“That’s okay, i don’t think I have to hear your answer. Let’s just have lunch happily, shall we?” said Hyungsik with a wide grin.

                They both then enjoy their lunch with Heecheol sat behind Minha like a statue. He was questioning himself why Minha did not answer that question. Why??! Then he got up and left those two. While enjoying her meal, Minha saw a man walked pass her. The back view of that man was familiar to her. She tried to recall it, and finally remembered. She witnessed that back view on the day her boyfriend left her. She stunned for a while before Hyungsik asked her what was going on.

In front of the café…

Heecheol’s phone rang. Hyuna’s name appeared on his screen.

“Hello..”

“Heecheol-ah, is Kevin with you?”

“Nope, why?”

“He didn’t answer my call. I thought he was with you..” Hyuna said.

“No, noona. I think he has a meeting at work right now. Can I help you instead?”

“Could you pick me up at the hospital?”

“Are you okay? Why are you at the hospital?”

“I’m okay now, I’ll tell you later..”

“Okay, I’ll go there now..”

                Heecheol then ran toward his car while trying to call Kevin. He bumped into a lady on front of her who was standing side by side with a tall man.

“I’m sorry…” Heecheol bowed at her and helped her get her bag and phone that she dropped.

                Both of them shared the-seconds-moment eye contact. Minha looked like she wanted to say something. Heecheol was in a hurry, he could not do anything. He needed to pick up Hyuna at the hospital, his sister-in-law-to-be.