Who Are You?

Run to You

Friday, around 3.35 p.m..

“Ms. Pyo, why are you keep looking at your phone today? Aren’t your job supposed to be on the computer?” Kevin asks while reading something on the paper he holds then goes to the elevator.

                Hyemi does not respond, she hurriedly buries her phone under the file folders on her table. Heecheol looks at her with ‘why are you doing that?!’ expression.

“I’m doing my job, Sir!” Hyemi half yelling, for afar, all of sudden.

“Do you get a nice villa to book?” Heecheol suddenly ask.

“Of course, I booked it this morning. I was just searching for a nice banana cake recipe.. Manager Kim seriously has very good eyes…”

“Huh, he just hates when people not to doing their job properly. He’s a perfectionist, isn’t he?”

“Oh, I didn’t know that! Seems like you know Manager Kim better than me..”

“Why? Are you jealous? Hahaha…” Heecheol asks while correcting the mistakes on page 56.

“Honestly, Manager Kim is not my type. I think he likes an older woman, I don’t know. Someone who is mature and takes care of herself well..? hmm…”

“Bahahah! Yeah, not a kid like you, Hyemi-sshi. Well, he does like a mature woman.”

“Eyyyy. Heecheol-sshi, do you have a girlfriend?” Hyemi suddenly asks.

                Heecheol’s right hand suddenly stops working. He remembers something from three years ago that keeps haunting him until today.

                “Oppa, you’re not liking other girl, right?”

“What? I like Han Ga In. She’s pretty!” Heecheol smiles.

“Ahhh, I think one of my classmates likes you, she keeps staring at you during the break. Every time I walk with you, she’ll give me an evil look..”

“Don’t worry, I only look at you and I always will..” Heecheol kisses the top of her head. “I’ll go to my class, Mr. Choi will be mad if there’s any late student coming to the class..”

              

After a few moments of silence, Heecheol finally answers Hyemi’s question, while trying hard to keep focusing on his work.

“I don’t like it when someone asking me a personal question..”

“Ah, I’m sorry..”

                They both then share another moment of silence. It ends when Kevin comes back to his seat and asks Heecheol a question.

“Jung Heecheol, would you come to drink with me after work?”

                That question shocks both Heecheol and Hyemi. They are afraid that their MT would be cancelled because of this.

“Um..I…”

“Nevermind, I was just kidding.. Why are you so serious? Ms. Pyo, why are you opening that resort site on your computer? Aren’t you going to finish editing the novel I gave you?”

                Hyemi closes the resort site hurriedly. She was planning to show Heecheol the villa they are going to stay in for the weekend.

“Are you two going together?!” Kevin yells. “Without telling me?!” Kevin yells, for the second time.

                Kevin looks at them repeatedly, with frown on his forehead, then he sighs.

“You both owe me a nice dinner.. at a fancy restaurant!”

                Hyemi is about to stand up then goes to Kevin’s table and explain everything but Heecheol stops her at the right moment and replies Kevin with a ‘yes’ instead.


 

After work…

                The four interns go to the basement, where Heecheol park his car. They are ready to go the nearest market to buy meat and vegetables. While the girls are busily picking up the food, Heecheol suddenly is grabbed by Minwoo to the medicine alley.

“What’s with you?!”

“I think Kyungri-sshi likes you!” Minwoo says with his eyes wide open.

“What are you talking about?”

“I know her, she likes you..”

“You’re just her elementary school classmate, you don’t know her..” Heecheol smirks.

“Eyyyy, believe me. She likes you!”

                Heecheol shakes his head then grabs some first aid bands and mosquito repellent. Minwoo goes to the girls instead, asking them to buy snacks and candies.


 

At the parking lot…

                Four of them put all the things they just bought in the trunk. Minwoo is doing it with one hand so he gets scolded. His right hand is holding a half eaten Kebab. After that, he hurriedly goes to open the door at the backseat.

“I’ll sit at the back, I’m going to sleep. You sit at the front!” Minwoo says that to Kyungri and points at the passenger seat.

                They are ready to go to the villa. Heecheol is driving, Kyungri is sitting at the passenger seat and both Minwoo and Hyemi are sitting at the backseat. Heecheol’s car does not have a navigation systems, he is counting on the map on Hyemi’s phone.

“Can you even read the map? What does it say?” Kyungri asks.

“You have to follow this road. Then turn right…” Hyemi tilts her head.

“We’re like entering a…forest or something?” Heecheol sounds worried. “Minwoo-yah, help her read the map! Minwoo-yah….”

“He’s sleeping!” Hyemi throws her body backwards.

“Give me your phone..” Kyungri says.

                Kyungri takes care of everything and they finally on the right route. Hyemi cheers like a spectator witnessing their favorite athlete wins a gold medal, while Minwoo is sleeping like a rock beside her.

“Finally….” Heecheol sighs.

“These two kids are useless…” Kyungri does the same.

                Heecheol then looks at Kyungri then they both smile at each other. In a split of second, Heecheol is the one who has his eyes open. The other three are already in the dreamland. He looks at Kyungri who sleeps in a weird way. She leans her head to the right. The more Heecheol looks at her, the more painful he thinks her neck would be when she wakes up.

“Kyungri-sshi..” Heecheol elbows her lightly, trying to wake her up. “Kyungri-sshi, your neck will get hurt..” Heecheol looks at her and the road repeatedly.

                Kyungri wakes up from her sleep and rubs her eyes. Heecheol pulls over for awhile, he presses the alert switch so his car’s indicator begin flashing, to alert the other drivers, if there is any. He then adjusts Kyungri’s seat so she will have a comfortable position to sleep.

“Is it okay?” Heecheol asks Kyungri then pulls away the strands of hair on her forehead.

“Mmmhhhmm..” Kyungri nods, with her eyes closed.