"Japanese Woman"?

Run to You

“Hello, I’m Ha Minwoo from Salem Team 1…”

                The thinner guy greets Heecheol while bowing and then he sits in front of Hyemi. Heecheol lowers his head as a reply, he chews his spicy rice cake. Kyungri also does what Minwoo did earlier, she then sits in front of Heecheol.

“Yes, hello. I’m Jung Heecheol. I’m a new intern from Editing Team..”

“Where are you come from?” Kyungri asks Heecheol.

“I’m from Jeju Island.. How about you?”

“I’m from Busan..” Kyungri starts opening the menu.

“Ah.. Minwoo-sshi?”

“I’m also from Busan, Kyungri-sshi and I were elementary schoolmates..”

“Really? I didn’t know that! That’s cool, meeting a friend when you grow up..” Hyemi says, excitedly.

Four of them eat their meals while telling about themselves to one another. This gathering somehow reveals the age order. Heecheol is the oldest, then Kyungri, Minwoo then Hyemi. Even so, they treat each other like friends.


 

The next morning…

                Heecheol parks his car in the basement. On his way to the 15th floor, he meets Minwoo who randomly running towards the elevator. Heecheol push the open button immediately, letting Minwoo in.

“Thank you, hyung…Ah, Heecheol-sshi..” Minwoo tries to catch his breath.

“Ah, yeah. Are you okay?”

“I’m going to meet a client this morning, I thought I was late, that’s why I was running like crazy..” Minwoo fixes his tie. “I heard my client is a Japanese woman…” Minwoo adds, while smiling.

“So?”

“You know..” Minwoo still all smiles.

“What?”

BING! The elevator reaches 14th floor, the floor where Minwoo works. He then leaves Heecheol who is still questioning about ‘Japanese Woman’ and standing like a statue.

“I’m going off. See you later, Heecheol-sshi!”

Minwoo taps Heecheol’s shoulder then gets off of the elevator while Heecheol continues his journey to the 15th floor. After he arrives and sits on his seat, he sees that there are more plies of papers on his table. Kevin arrives, Heecheol stands up then gives him a bow.

“I told you that your work is not going to be easy, right?” Kevin sits on his seat then turns on the computer. “Those are the next chapters of the novel you’re editing now. I’ll give you three days..no, four.. four days to finish it! I’m being very nice right now.”

                Nodding is the only thing Heecheol can do. He knows he works slowly. Up to this day, he only can read three chapters. Hyemi comes and gives him a cup of hot coffee then he goes to Kevin’s table and does the same thing.

“Thanks, Ms. Pyo. I’m very lucky to have you in my team..” Kevin says, with his eyes fixed to the computer screen.

                Hyemi smiles, she then goes to her table but cannot sit immediately because Heecheol suddenly asks her a weird question.

“Do you know what does ‘Japanese Woman’ mean?” Heecheol, half whispering to his teammate.

“Eh?!”

“You know, ‘Japanese Woman’… yeah…something like that..”

“Well, a woman whose parents are..Japanese?” Hyemi answers, full of worries.

“Ah, a regular Japanese woman. Literally, Japanese Woman..hahaha!”

“Why are you like this in the morning?”

“I thought it was a sign for something. I’m stupid..”

                Both of them then are going to their tables and start working. Seconds later, Hyemi brings herself to Heecheol’s seat after she did the sliding thing with her chair.

“It could mean, a very y woman..You know those kinds of women, don’t you?”

“What?”

“Women who appear on sites..” Hyemi whispers.

“I don’t watch ..” Heecheol shakes his head lightly.

“Eyyyy, don’t lie! I bet your type is that kind of girl. A y lady with huge chest and seductive gaze..” Hyemi, still whispers.

“Huh.. What are you talking about? Well, I’ve watched once, when I was in high school but then my mother came into my room and then it kinda left me a trauma or something.. Hahaha!”

“Why are you both talking about in the morning?”

                Kevin’s face appears in the middle of his employees’, makes them scared to death.

“Go back to work!” Kevin yells.

                Both Heecheol and Hyemi start doing their jobs while Kevin goes to the room next to them to get some files.


 

Five minutes before lunch break…

“I have to meet Song Ji Hye this afternoon. If the producer from YooIn Films calls, ask him to call my cell phone instead, okay?” Kevin says that to Hyemi.

“Yes, I understand..”

“Okay, wish me luck! You know we’ll make a lot of money if she likes our scenario..”

“Yes, Sir!” Hyemi replies, full of happiness.

“Jung Heecheol, do well..”

                Kevin taps Heecheol’s shoulder then goes to the elevator. Heecheol nods and gets ready for lunch. He separates some chapters of the novel. He plans to take home some, so he can read it leisurely. After he knows what kind of person ‘Park Soojin’ is, he begins falling for her. He knows that this kind of girl exists in this world. A cheerful girl who actually cannot express her feelings well. He knows because he once met this kind of girl, a girl whom he knew once well.

                Heecheol’s phone rings, Minwoo calls him and asks both Hyemi and him to have lunch together. He agrees. Four of them are sitting at the corner of the cafeteria, busily enjoying their meals.

“How’s the client? Minwoo-sshi..” Heecheol breaks the silent.

“Ah… My assistant manager changed the plan, I met an old client this morning..”

“Why are you working for this company if you only want to meet a beautiful client?” Heecheol asks, half laughing.

“My team is different. We are not taking care of those sales thingy that much, you know. We’re kinda more like, publication stuff..” Minwoo talks with his mouth full of rice.

“So, Kyungri-sshi team is the one that taking care of those sales thingy?”

“I’m telling you all the truth, hyung..” Minwoo says.

                Kyungri looks at Heecheol then they both shares a smile. Hyemi is looking at both of them, full of curiousity. Four of them then go back to their teams and promise to meet again at 6 p.m. On their way to the 15th floor, Hyemi keeps looking at Heecheol. She knows that something is going on between him and Kyungri.