Chapter 06.

Read to me.

The weekend came faster than he thought it would.

By the time it had, Kyungsoo was still slightly dazed about the encounter that took place two days ago. If it wasn't clear enough, he'd spent his days avoiding her. 

That's all he knew how to do, though; run away from troubling situations that would make him overexert his thought process. But in all honestly, he tried, hard, to forget the look on Mirae's face that he remembered was only finger-length distance away from him. He had no one to blame but himself for going too with the flow.

On his way to the upper floor Kyungsoo suddenly heard a clatter and a shriek. His pace quickened identifying the familiar voice.

There Mirae stood, an expression of sobbing, just without the actual tears.

She quickly bowed down to the man infront of her, who stood with arms in the air with a disgusting, deep scowl on his face.

"I-I'm sorry! I wasn't looking properly and-"

"And what? You think you can pay the dry cleaning for this, little girl?"

On further examination, Kyungsoo realized the man standing up had on a currently coffee stained shirt. His voice was menacing as hell and anyone could clearly see he was intent on frightening the wits out of the young girl.

Kyungsoo marched right up to the pair without a second thought, (since clearly the surrounding customers were only good for gawking like vultures,) and stood beside Mirae protectively. 

"Sorry sir, but this girl is blind, please excuse her. I'm sure she didn't mean to tip over your coffee." 

Kyungsoo was surprised at the own calmness of his tone with all the anger boiling inside him, something he would never had noticed before. 

Was it really always so bleak?

The man crossed his arms, a growl bubbling deep in his throat that he must have been trying extremely hard to restrain.

"I know she is blind," and Kyungsoo swore he was implying something there, "but that should just mean she be extra careful. The only thing this wench is good for-"

Before the boy even had time to react, and boy oh boy was he ready to absolutely beat the smitherins out of this guy, an arm shot out of the blue, grabbing the middle-aged man and stopping him mid-sentance, dragging him away with mumbled apologies to the customers.

Kyungsoo recognized it to be Mirae's father,

He turned around to see Mirae still bowed, shoulders shaking lightly. He sighed, running a hand through his hair, gently grabbing her arm and tugging her to their usual hidden seat in the back, glaring at everyone who managed to continue their shameless staring.

Mirae was crying very literally now, seated infront of him. Kyungsoo absolutely abhored these situations, always has, always will. He was never good at anything dealing with comforting. It was a foreign terrain he'd rather not cross.

Usually.

But he had to.

Not really knowing what else to do, he lifted his arm to the black blob across from him and placed his hand atop her head, tousling her hair in the playful way he always had.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, shortstuff."

Mirae's shoulders yielded movement. She raised her hands to wipe her tears quickly, before wrapping each of them on Kyungsoo's thumb and pinky respectively. 

The action made him inwardly chuckle; she was acting like those newborn babies who'd wrap their stubby little palms around their father's forefinger and the father, usually grungy and intimidating, would turn all pansy, giggling and whatnot. Kyungsoo always wondered how that worked, but if it felt like this, then he seemed to somewhat understand.

Kyungsoo could definitely allow himself to get a little pansy for Mirae.

She lifted her face which he could see now was entirely flushed, cheeks a pinky-red and eyes drooped slightly as she gave him the usual meek smile.

Kyungsoo was starting to get uncomfortable with the position since she still hadn't let his hand go. Mainly because he didn't feel like pulling away just yet.

"Oppa," Mirae spoke shallowly, voice a bit hoarse from the recent tear parade, "would you listen to whatever I said?"

The boy was slightly confused. Wasn't that evident enough already?

"I'll tell you a story someday. You have to be here to hear it though. Promise."

His thought train paused for a second. What in hell was she going on about? And if he remembered clearly, this was the first time she'd ever attempted to speak about herself. 

In short, Kyungsoo was elated, though he'd never admit it.

"Course, I'm always here."

Damn, it sounded just as lame as he thought it would.

Mirae giggled and relief flooded Kyungsoo's mind. At last he was finally out of this noon-time soap opera.

She abruptly let go of his hand, stood up and traced her fingers along the edge of the table as she strode over to Kyungsoo's side. Without warning, she threw her arms around his chest and nuzzled herself to him. 

Fortunately, Kyungsoo didn't have the time nor state of mind to feel intoxicated by her scent when he felt her shivering. Still scared, he knew.

That gave him enough of an excuse not to pull away, anyway. Awkwardly laying one arm around her back, he patted her shoulder blade softly.

 Just for now, it's fine.

. . . 

It was certainly not fine when he woke up the next morning, underwear soiled after a lascivious dream feauturing his one and only Jung Mirae.

He hadn't had a wet dream since high school and evidently starting to get anxious that his thoughts of Mirae had actually spiralled in this direction. 

Was she important to him? Yeah. Did he find her attractive? Sure, for a teenager.

She was blind, in more ways than one. She was pure, and he loved the fact that her demeanor mirrored her heart and body.

But first and foremost, she was fifteenA good seven years younger than him. And she looked up to him like a girl scout to her troop leader.

The fact he'd dirtied her in his mind was already enough to make him puke, hell, he already felt his stomach in knots. 

But Kyungsoo was a logical man, so the way he ended the self-debate was very logical in nature.

It's simple really. I've been hanging around Mirae too often, while ignoring my ual needs because of said preoccupation.

In other words, Kyungsoo would be fine as soon he- well- got some.

. . . 

Kyungsoo, lain on the bed with another pretty face he'd spent the better half of the night with, could not sleep at all.

The didn't help. Her face would pop up during the intimacy more than naught, and he was getting desperately scared.

He could, should, and would not be in love with Jung Mirae.

. . .

But one look at the dazzling expression of her laughing along with the lines of It's Kind of a Funny Story, he knew.

He was.

So, so very much in love with her.

And coinciding with his overflowing love, he'd grow to despise himself more than he'd ever had.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm terrible, really. I can not believe I updated so late. *Begs for forgiveness incessantly*

The story will end soon, and I will try to finish it by November. The least I can do, LOL.