008

Take Me Back To That Time

Min’s POV

 

As the vehicle screeched to a halt, sending Kai’s helpless body flying a few metres away from where he was originally, I felt my heart stop for a moment. Everything happened so quickly.

 

As Kai’s body landed on the ground, the boys and I ran over to him and slumped over his body, shaking him occasionally to prevent him from falling into “deep sleep”.

 

“Kai, wake up. Please stay with us, Baek has called the ambulance. Just hang on for a while more, Kai ah…” I kneeled beside Kai with my shivering hand tugging onto the scarf Kai has wrapped around me moments before the accident, as a tear slipped from the corner of my eye.

 

Flashbacks from that night when I killed KyungSoo came floating back into my mind as I saw blood flowing from Kai’s head onto the cold, tarred ground. I stood up, but got knocked over my feet as I felt a wave of cold water sweep past my feet. That exact same feeling I encountered in my bathroom, before I reversed time.

 

I soon found myself sitting in a pool of calm water, before being pulled violently down onto the bottom of the river. I stared at Kai’s body lying motionless in-front of me when a voice rung in my head. “Focus, focus…” with that, I felt as if a brick had hit me on my head and I closed my eyes.

When I opened them, I was standing before the traffic light with Kai, ready to cross the road.

 

I did it again. I reversed the time again.

 

Just before Kai was about to take a step onto the road, the car that hit Kai before honked at us and I dragged him onto the pavement, tugging at the sleeve of his coat. “Let that car go first.” I told him, with my voice cracking a little at the end of the sentence. Kai looked at me with a confused expression while removing my trembling fist from his coat. When Kai was about to cross the road again, my knees began to wobble and soon gave way. My head started throbbing as I started seeing the street lights above me start to dance, voices around me became muffled. Before I knew it, I passed out.

 

 

Kai’s POV:

“Let that car go first.” Min grabbed my coat while I just stood there, removing her tightly clenched fist around my coat. Her face was as pale as those people dressed up as ghosts, going around the neighbourhood during Halloween for trick or treat.  Beads of sweat formed on the sides of her forehead and soon enough, she fainted.

 

All of us were confused; I mean she was fine this morning when we were in school and didn’t show any signs of being unwell.

 

BaekHyun Hyung, with the help of Sehun, immediately carried Min and rushed back home to let her rest.  Lay and Xiumin were in the kitchen preparing dinner for everyone while BaekHyun and Suho were upstairs taking care of Min. That leaves Chanyeol, Sehun and I sitting in the living room, trying to complete the mountain of work the teacher has given us that day.

 

“Kai ah, could you bring this up for Min? It’s her dinner…” Lay said, popping his head out from the kitchen. I hopped onto my feet, took the bowl of soup and made my way upstairs carefully, making sure that I don’t spill any of the content the bowl held.

 

As soon as I reached the 3rd level, I could hear a faint conversation between Suho, Baekhyun and Min. “…Saved Kai after he was being hit by the car. I think I have figured out what my powers are Suho oppa.” There was a long pause before Suho continued Min’s sentence. “And you think it’s time reversal?” I could imagine Min nodding when BaekHyun and Suho suddenly opened Min’s bedroom door and left her room. 

 

Everything then fell into place like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces. When Min was so worried just now at the traffic junction, she knew that the car was going to hit me; it did, and she reversed the time to save me. She knew about it all along. 

 

“Oh, Kai ah. Min’s awake now.” Suho hyung nodded at me while I bowed a little and walked towards Min’s room. As soon as I made sure that Baekhyun and Suho were out of sight, I entered Min’s room without knocking and threw the bowl of soup in the corner of the room which caused Min to flinch in shock.

 

“Wha—What’s wrong with you?” Min asked, bewildered. I scoffed and glared at her, not believing what I just heard. “What’s wrong with you?  You knew your powers all along and you pretended not to?” I took a step closer to Min’s bed as she moved closer to the headboard, distancing from me. “Time reversal huh? Then why can’t you reverse all the way back to that night when you mercilessly killed my best friend?!?!” My voice raged with fury as I hollered at her. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes but I held them in. I inched closer to her, not leaving any space in between us as I grabbed her collar harshly. “Go back and save him…” I grit my teeth and pulled her closer, (If it was possible to be any closer).

 

Just then, there was a knock on the door and I hurriedly took my hands away from Min. Why does this have to happen all the time?  Min looked at me and shifted her gaze back onto the floor as I sighed and mumbled loud enough for her to hear. “I hate you so much.” before vanishing and teleporting back into my room.

 

 

BaekHyun’s POV:

After hearing a loud crash that came from Min’s room, I ran up to see if she was okay but then I heard a voice that didn’t belong to her. “Time reversal huh? Then why can’t you reverse all the way back to that night when you mercilessly killed my best friend?”

 

That’s Kai’s voice! Killed my best friend?  What is he saying? Min wouldn’t kill… No I know she wouldn’t do something like that.

 

I waited till everything became silent before knocking on the door to check if Min was alright. “Min? Can I come in?” When Min didn’t answer after 20 seconds, I slowly twisted the door knob and peeked in through the tiny gap, only to see her crying in the corner next to the bedside table and the bowl of soup Kai has brought up for her, shattered into pieces, its content spilled all over the floor.

 

I rushed to Min and bent down to her height before taking her in for an embrace, tightening my arms around her petite wait, and another, slowly her long beautiful locks. “Hey. Hey, It’s alright now, I’m here. You’re going to be okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N] Short update! It's the first day of my finals today and it was horrible. Yes. I probably flunked it but meh. I hope you guys had fun reading this chapter and COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! I really want to know what you guys think of the story so far and Upvote if you are enjoying it! 2 more weeks and i'm done with my exams, which means that I would be able to update more frequently!! Thank you for being so patient, waiting for my update. Love you guys so much!!! *goes back to study*