Nice to Meet You

Blinded

Youngjae

 

I can't stand it no more.


I need to find a way to get out of this apartment and return to the stage. This wait is killing me.

 

I sit on the floor with a coffee table in front of me filled with pieces of scrap paper. I can't think of any way that will impress Mr. Park, enough to bring me back to the company. For 24 days I have been staying in this place and I'm counting until my freedom. The apartment itself isn’t bad but being away from the dorm makes me feel like a failure to my dreams.


The document says I have a neighbour to my left but I have never seen anyone, in these 24 days, leave or enter that house. It makes me feel isolated with no one by either side of my house. But I don't mind. I've always been alone.


Got7 hasn't bothered to visit me, not even contact me to hear where I have disappeared to. That is, with the exception of our maknae and oldest member. Sometimes, I would think of them as the closest members in relation to me but I know for a fact that Yugeom just treats me with respect and Mark has the instinct to care for his juniors.


I hear a ring sing through the house. Ha, it's Do Re Mi in C major key. Who would visit me? I doubt it is Got7 because they simply don't care about me nor my family because I hadn't told them of my failures. Mr. Park is in Japan on his tour so there is a low possibility he would visit me. So just who was at the door?


My legs arenumb when I get up, the reason I stumble over a little before I could finally reach for the door handle. Warily, I unlock the chains and turn the handle, coming face to face with someone I have never seen in my life. I scan him from the top to bottom. He is undoubtedly handsome, dressed in a plain white shirt with a pair of skinny jeans. He is wearing those fluffy house shoes which makes me feel utterly confused but I then notice the cake in his hands. It is well lit with burning candles and there are words written with icing. I can’t read it so I pull down my glasses that were resting on my head, clearing my vision.


Ah, he is probably that long lost neighbour.


"Hello," he smiles, flashing his pearly white teeth. He raises the cake and says, "Sorry I didn't greet you before but I'm the one living in the apartment by your left. Kind of got in a little accident." He laughs to himself. I raise an eyebrow at his unique personality but I take this opportunity to greet him for the first time.

 

"Yeah, noticed you weren't here. I'm Youngjae," I sheepishly grin, taking off my glass and putting it back to rest on the top of my head. I don't think I need my facade -- I think I have had enough of it. I make a hand gesture to welcome him in and he gratefully takes the offer, carefully and stably bringing the cake in. How nice, someone hadn't done this for me since I've debuted.

 

"Where should I put this?" He asks me, looking around for a clear place. Quickly locking the chain by the door, I rush to the coffee table I was using, swiping the pieces of scrap paper onto the ground. I make a note to clean the mess later. Once he puts the cake down, he jumps cheerfully, surprising me.

 

"Blow the candles!" He childishly chants and I wonder if he is a natural. He seems like the perfect kpop idol.

 

But I follow his words, gently holding my breath and letting the air flow out gently. He claps excitedly and continues to smile happily. I can judge that he is a very optimistic, hyper person.


I take 2 spoons, handing one to him, and together, we scoop the moist vanilla cream cake. It is delicious, perfectly balanced and had fruits to create a healthy side. I compliment the cake and he chuckles.


"Thanks, I made it. My girlfriend's recipe," he grins proudly, looking at a distance as if thinking about her that moment. I stare in envy. Under the rules of the kpop industry, we can't date until we've made 3 years of success.

 

We continue to eat, sharing a conversation. He tells me that he is Seokjin, 22 and a medical student. I tell him the same information and when he hears I'm a kpop idol, he laughs and comments on how 'cool-looking I am' and 'no wonder I am so handsome.' They made my day, Seokjin.

 

"Now I'm friends with two kpop stars! I should really organize for us to go out together," he exclaims, that moment fantasizing about the future. 

 

"Who's that?" I pounder. It was strange nowadays for kpop idols to know commoners.


He smiles making me even more interested. "Baekhyun. He's from something like ESO?" He looks up, trying to recollect him memories. But I cut in.

 

"EXO?" I say, desperate for an answer. He nods and I gape in shock. Byun Baekhyun is on all the news these days. He's my absolute inspiration and to know that this mere citizen knew such a world renowned idol scares me. I want to know how he is aquainted with someone as famous as Baekhyun but I keep my mouth shut instead. It would be too stalker-ish.

 

"You living alone?" He asks me, his cheeks filled with cake as he chomps intriguingly. He doesn’t seem to be as intrigued by the topic but I go along anyways.


"Yeah, I do," I say regretfully. He pauses his eating, giving me look and I know that moment that he was already wondering about why I was staying in this place. I'm glad he didn't push further though.


"Are you living alone?" I question him back, just to break the awkward situation. I could see him visibly brighten the moment I inquired and I feel a sense of curiosity build within me.


"I am right now but my girlfriend is going to come back from the hospital in a week! She's an excellent pianist!" He praises bubbly, never stopping his shining smile. I nod, showing I understand as I grow more envy. Lucky people -- experiencing young love.


He hurrying pulls out his phone and taps it vigorously, making me wonder what in the world he is doing.

 


"Here she is!" He passes me his iPhone 6 abruptly, making me fall a little back. It's all a blur close up so I put my glasses back on. What I see makes me shriek unexpectedly.

 

This girlfriend of his had such dreadful skin, bruised, and filled with red marks and white bandages. She is a horrifying mess and beside her is a grinning Seokjin, happily cuddled next to her. 


Even more, her face is completely ruined, the upper half wrapped over her eyes. It takes me some time to process her appearance and I realise something that makes me turn ghostly.


Kim Seokjin's girlfriend is blind.

 

 

 


 

Hehe~ this is a teaser chapter. I’m actually really into Youngjae at the moment :) .

You know, I really try my hardest to write these chapters with the deadline of a week. It would be nice if anyone could share their thoughts with me, I would be really motivated. I’ve lost subscribers, replaced by new ones after some time but it always leaves me a little disheartened. Now I know how authors feel when people unsubscribe.

Anyways, hoped you like the chapter! 

 

Xoxo, Exoinspire