I Think I'm Lovesick

Blinded

Seokjin

 

My heart stops pumping when she stutters on her sentence. "Let's b-" I could already finish her line.

 

But I don't want to. 

 

All I wanted was a sweet romance that never ended. I'm not Peter Pan or a fairytale character and this may sound cliche but is it really too much to ask? I love her, she should love me. That's how love should work. She went through a car accident, she is scarred but her heart is still the same. I will continue to love her and I thought she was the same but I guess I am wrong. Maybe I'm a burden to her.

 

No matter how selfish I am, I don't want this to end. I may be conceited, forcing a person to live through a relationship with someone they don't like anymore but I can't help it. I am deeply in love with her. So much I would die, my heart will shatter, my mind won't function and my body will think differently. 

 

"No. Please don't say it, Hyerin. I beg you." I can't control the tears falling and I probably look like the most unappeaing man in the world with snot running down and eyes puffy but I don't care. My mind was stuck on Hyerin's decision. 

 

which was quivering only a few moments ago stops and firmly squeezes together. She's going to say it. I could already tell.

 

"Let's break up."

 

I can hear some sort of glass breaking. Maybe that's my heart. I can't move, I am paralysed. My nightmares have come true.

 

No, no, no, this can't be. I have to escape this dream. Grabbing my backpack, I scurry out of her room, towards the elevator. I need to get out. The devil is playing a trick on me. Bring me back, please. I regret thinking that her being mute was bad. If she talks only to break me, I would rather she not talk at all.

 

Where do I go now? The world around me seems slow and monotonous. The colour has been out, the sounds have been faded, the world around me crashing down. My ears ring, my eyes are blur, my senses are going. Who knew love could affect me so deeply. I think I'm lovesick.

 

"Jin hyung?" I recognise my name being called. With my hands over my ears, I face my left side to see a fuzzy figure. 

 

Jin hyung. I remember Hyerin again. She's the one who made my nickname. Everyone calls me that now because of her. So everytime I hear the nickname I can only think of her.

 

"Hyung, what's wrong?" I hear the same person repeat. My head is in a mess and I can't think straight. I look down to the ground,  breathing unevenly. The person's hand touches my back and my world soon turns into a sea of darkness. 

 

~

Who is that?

 

I watch as she sat on the swing, moving back and forward in an even pattern. She wore a flowing white dress, a floral beige hat over her alluring brownish red hair. She had a small structure; probably no taller that 165cm but her limbs were so lean and thin, practically skin and bones. She turns her face towards me, giving me an abrupt scare. Her face…it was gone. It was just a blur. But just looking at her, she made me soul swirl with a strong nostalgic feeling.

 

She reaches her hand towards me, glimmering her pale, flawless skin. Even without a face, she was beautiful. I unconsciously reach mine out too, our hands almost touching. When we came in contact, her face cleared. It 's Hyerin. I should have guess that there is only one person who could compare to this girl's beauty.

 

"Hyerin." Tears well in my eyes. She came back to me.

 

She smiles with her signature one, her eyes turning crescent and her pink, thin lips curving up. I haven't seen her smile ever since the accident. I miss the old her.

 

But this sweet moment didn't last long. Her existence disappears. Her physical body flies in little bits like sand flowing in the wind. She is gone.

 

My surroundings turn dull, black. I feel scared, fearful because now… I was alone in a world I didn’t know. 

 

There is a strange but familiar noise in the background that awoke me from my deep slumber. Slowly, I flicker my eyes open to see a brightly lit room. Where am I?

 

I get up from my sleeping position but a sudden stinging pain hit my head. I feel so empty, like I am missing something. It hurts so badly, I feel like I am going to die. Groaning from pain, I grasp my head and sit for a few moments so I could get used to the discomfort. It hurts. It hurts so much. I wish it could stop. 

 

"Hyung." I look up when I hear my name. Jimin? What is he doing here? Now that I notice it, this isn't our room, that is, mine and Hyerin's. Our walls weren't painted blue but a very light yellow. Our bed isn't this small nor is it covered in race cars. I'm not at home. This is Jimin's room.

 

"Jimin," my voice is broken like my usual morning tone, "What happened?" 

 

He gives me a strange look."I don't know either. Saw you on my way to the gym. You looked sick so I called you and turns out you faint. Now here you are," he gestures to his childish room. "You've been sleeping for a few hours. Now it's quarter to eight if you're wondering." I nod, signaling that I understood. I recall the moment I parted from Hyerin. 

 

Maybe the Gods wanted me to forget, maybe the dream was a sign that Hyerin and I weren't over. I know I could fix this.

 

But now is not the moment. I just need to get some stress off.

 

"Jimin," I call my orange headed friend who seems to be reading a webtoon on his ipad. He hums and looks up at me with a bored expression, his round glasses dipping down showing his piercing eyes. I sometimes wonder how this handsome guy with hot abs ended up working as a mere business man. I would have expected more from him.

 

"You free tonight?" I ask him. His eyebrows furrow as a quizzical look plasters on his face.

 

"What does it look like? I've been siting on this stupid, broken wheelie chair for 3 hours, waiting for you to wake up. You think I am busy?" Sometimes I hated his sarcasm. At least his is better than Yoongi. I swear, Yoongi is made of 60% sarcasm.

 

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. I can't believe as a hyung that I am asking him this, a younger guy.

 

"Take me out for a drink." 

 

 


 

It's the one and only…Jin! This takes place when Hyerin say those sad words ;( Can anyone imagine a drunk Jin? :D

I feel like I should update 'Jeon Jungkook Online' but I'm beginning to learn how hard it is to think of ideas. Sorry, as soon as I write a satisfying chapter, I'll definitely update! Until then, ciao!

Xoxo, Exoinspire