First Encounter

Blinded

Baekhyun

It's been almost 3 weeks since the scandal. 

 

Unlike Boss' arrangement, the news still has yet to die down. The reporters still crowd the entertainment every day, or at least that is what Chen laughs about every day. For the first two weeks I have been in the dormitory, watching the news and listening to other EXO boys exaggerating about the amount of fans or now 'haters'  surround the SM building. For this last week, I have been out of the dormitory, not for a good cause though. The stress had put a bad toll on me and I've been feeling light headed so my manager sent me to a private hospital, a place with heavy security to ensure that peace of the patients wasn't disrupted.

 

During this week in the hospital, I watched a man hover in front of a room. He doesn't go in but he sits on the seat directly outside. I see his face stained with tears when I pass him. Once I looked inside the room and saw a girl, covered in scars, bandages and a white tape around the upper half of her face. She looked so frail and damaged, as if recently been in an accident. I try to figure the reason he never seems to go in but never seem to know.

 

It is morning and I sit in the food lounge, eating my breakfast whole heartedly. I have never felt such peace for so long. Usually my mind would always be preoccupied with dance routines and lyrics resulting to me skipping many meals. In the hospital though, my mind is serene and we patients are forced to eat 3 meals a day. Maybe this scandal was a good thing. It gives a break from work but then I think of EXO. While I am here, they are training and singing until their voices are sore. Here I am, enjoying coffee while they are rehearsing. So to make it up to them, I have been writing songs during my time in the here. None of them sound right to be in the new album. They all sound like they are missing something.

 

While I sip on my hot caffeinated drink, the girl who stays inside of that room enters my vision. She wears the hospital gown like me but her's make her look like she descended from heaven while mine makes me look like a drag. She's beautiful, no doubt, even with the scars, the wound and the bandages. She is the center of attention. 

 

She sits on a wheelchair, a man whom I presume is a doctor from his white coat pushing her from behind. Unlike me, her IV fluid line hangs on the wheelchair while I have to move it along with me. Lucky. But then again, she's blind so she isn't that fortunate.

 

I watch her being wheeled towards a table not so far from mine. I have a perfect view of her from here and I'm feeling like a stalker. The doctor leaves her to go somewhere, leaving her stranded. I analyse her actions. But there's nothing to analyse. She doesn't even move.

 

I hear a chair squeak. Looking up, it is the man from before. He's that stalker who sits outside her room 24/7.

 

"Sorry, don't mind me. Just going to sit here," he tells me, his eyes transfixed on the girl. Don't mind you? You're burning holes into a young woman. People can call you a stalker like I did.

 

"Excuse me," I clear my throat to get his attention. He turns towards me, an eyebrow raised. "Why are you always siting outside that girl's," I point towards the lonely figure, "Room?" I'm not sticking my nose into his business, I'm just a man who is worried about the safety of a citizen.

 

He doesn't say anything to me. He just stares at me with those eyes of his. If he doesn't, I won't either. I continue sipping on my coffee, my eyes glued on his. He was very handsome, I have to admit. He was tall, had the perfect body, I would even mistake him for an idol like myself.

 

"How do you know?" He talks after our staring competition. I guess I win?

 

"I just," I shrug my shoulders. I'm not going to tell him I watch him stand infront of her room, that would be creepy.

 

"Who are you to be able to stand outside her room? Why do the doctors let you?" I ask him. My curious side is really getting to me. Well, I've been in this hospital for a week and there's nothing really to do so there's no pain in playing detective.

 

His forehead furrows, wrinkles appearing. "She's my... girlfriend." I nod but I don't believe him. Just look at him stutter over that title. If there's something else I could conclude it is that I could be a skilled detective.

 

"Oh really," I say. Only then did I realise my cup of coffee was long empty so I awkwardly place it down. I put on of my arms on the arm rest of my cushioned chair.

 

"Yeah, we're just in a complicated position." Oh, look at that. Just like Taeyeon and I. 

 

I hear some voices squeal. Even in a private hospital, there were bound ot be fan nurses and patients. I give my signature grin towards the direction of the noise and their faces turn red. Typical.

 

"Do you know me?" I ask the stalker who was glancing intensely at the girl. It is strange to see a person in this age like him not know EXO.

 

His eyes face me as he scans me. I was so used to this. People examining my body.

 

"Aren't you that scandalous guy on the newspapers for the past few days?" Well, at least someone's in tune with the news.

 

"Yeah, I'm that scandslous guy on the newspaper," I roll my eyes, my voice filled with intended sarcasm. That's one way to know me.

 

"What's your name again?" he asks me. His eyes aren't on me anymore. Like before, he's gazing at that girl. I feel as if he doesn't really care about me which I'm grateful for? I'm glad the first person I've talked to in this hospital, excluding the doctors and nurses, doesn't care about my status. It makes me feel calmed. But then again, this man doesn't care about anything other than his 'girlfriend.'

 

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." I answer, my arms folded over my chest as I watch his side profile. He is seriously obsessed with that girl.

 

"Is that right? I'm Seokjin. Kim Seokjin." he replies in the same way I do with his mind preoccupied. I see a sudden face change. His eyes cast to the ground and his lips turn upsidedown. I follow his line of sight and my eyes widen. That girl has her head in her hands, as if crying without the tears. Poor girl can't even cry.

 

"Why don't you go help her, boyfriend?" I mock him. He doesn't seem offended though. In fact, he just seems more deflated.

 

"I-I can't," he mutters, his eyes wet and filled with sadness. I feel guilty but curiousity beats that.

 

"And why's that?" I push more.

 

"I don't have the confidence to see her," He exclaims, slamming his hands on the table, making me tremble. That was sudden. He leaves the cafeteria and I'm left alone. Maybe I went to far. 

 

I can tell how deeply in love he is with her. I wish I could feel that way but my relationship with Taeyeon remains a mystery.

 

 

 


 

New update :3 Yes, school break is finally here for me and you guys will never guess how relieved I feel. 

Thank you so so much to my new subscribers – and definitely my old – for bothering to press that red love heart button. It means the world to me. Might as well name you: catys619488, NanaXXO, MySimpleStory and afiqahlovebts. No matter hope little or how many people read my story, I'm grateful :D

So most of you will probably have heard of Baekhyun and Taeyeon breaking up. Honestly, this doesn't really affect me much as in the story I am writing, I needed an extra character so why not base it on real life? I guess that's not the case anymore but, oh well. 

Baekhyun meets Seokjin. Is that a good combination? >.>

I don't know whether to say this but my mood actually affects my writing. :) 

Xoxo, Exoinspire