[OT7] Accusation

Bulletproof Collection (Taking Requests!)

Accusation


02 ; accusation

“Taehyung-ah, come have a look…”

 

The 95-liner barely takes his eyes off the screen. 

 

“One second, hyung - Let me finish kicking Jiminie’s first.”

 

“Hey! I’ll have you know it’s your that’s in danger, Taetae.”

 

Taehyung pokes his tongue out, choosing not to grace such an absurd statement with a proper answer.

 

“Tae.” Namjoon’s voice is strained and Taehyung’s character stops in the air, mid-jump. “I really think you need to come and take a look.”

 

Taehyung sighs, chucking his controller onto the sofa and sliding across to lean over their leader’s shoulder, eyes trained on his name at the top of the Naver web-page. 

 

His throat constricts and his next words come out tight, panic curling around the edges and swallowing the syllables. 

 

“But I- That’s not- I just- How did-“ He takes a few deep breaths, hyper-aware of Namjoon’s concerned gaze and Jimin’s curious eyes, game long-forgotten. 

 

“I didn’t even realise…” He finally mumbles, voice small. 

 

“I know.” Is all Namjoon says, one hand ruffling the younger’s hair. “It’ll blow over in a few hours.”

 

A few hours later finds Taehyung curled against Jimin’s side, constantly refreshing his twitter - the @BTS_twt mentions are steadily piling up. Their leader is wrong - it hasn’t blown over. If anything, the accusations have become louder and louder. 

 

Taehyung had already taken to social media to fashion some explanation for his actions, complete with screen-shotted evidence - even though Namjoon had warned him it could make the situation even worse - but it was as though these people either hadn’t seen it, or didn’t want to see it. 

 

“Sorry,” He tells everyone later that night, when all seven members are sitting on the heated floor.

 

“It’s not your fault, Taetae.” 

Seokjin’s reply is immediate, passing Taehyung a couple of bright red strawberries.

 

“A.R.M.Ys know that you’re one of Big Bang seonbaenim’s biggest fans - you and Jiminie and Kookie - it’ll be okay.” 

Hoseok’s always the optimistic one, their sun when they need it most.

 

“Yeah, and you didn’t do anything wrong.”

Jungkook and Jimin speak in unison, laughing once they realise they’ve done so and cracking most of the heavy tension in the room.

 

Namjoon cards his fingers through the younger’s hair. “They’re being vicious ,Tae”

 

Yoongi nods, smiling “It’s only ‘cause we won - They’ll forget about it soon enough.”

 

“Soon enough” turns out to be a week. 

 

It takes much longer than a week for Taehyung to forget the gratitude that grew in his chest as he lay awake that night, breathing in sync with the rise and fall of six other boys.


Second entry for the #30daydrabble challenge ^_^