[YoonSeok] Future

Bulletproof Collection (Taking Requests!)

Future


harry potter!au

08 ; future

10...

9...

8...       

 

Hoseok turns his head to the side and watches Yoongi watching the lights display from their spot at the top of the Astronomy tower. Their legs are tangled together under a warm emerald-green blanket the older had conjured up because, despite spending a large majority of his time in the dank, dark dungeons under the lake, he's still deathly afraid of the cold. 

  

7...

6...

5…

 

Yoongi, feeling a pair of eyes on him, turns to face Hoseok, leaning back on his arms and looking up at the younger wizard.

 

Anyone else would probably miss it, but Hoseok can see the uncertainty, the fear pooling in the older's eyes and governing the hesitance in his actions.

 

It makes sense. They are on the cusp of a war and, from their very first meeting, Yoongi had been wary of letting Hoseok into his world, acutely aware of just how much he'd break if he ever lost the muggle born who, might as well be the sunshine-incarnate. But Hoseok is persistent, and optimistic and brave in that way only Gryffindors seem capable of, so of course Yoongi had been fighting a losing battle, of course Yoongi let the younger wizard in. He filled in the void Yoongi didn’t even know existed and he was deathly afraid of losing the younger, now. 

 

4...

3...

2…

 

Hoseok clocks the nervousness and all the words on the tip of his tongue that the Slytherin is just too damn afraid to say, reaching for his hand and lacing their fingers together.

 

"Kiss me-" Hoseok blurts, flushing red almost immediately.     

 

1…

 

Yoongi hesitates for only half a second before his free hand is caressing the younger's cheek, leaning in and covering Hoseok's chapped lips with his own, unlacing their fingers in favour of tangling them through the younger's dark-brown hair. 

 

0.

 

The bell-chimes at midnight exactly when Yoongi pulls away, resting their foreheads against each other, flushed and slightly out of breath. 

 

"Not that I'm complaining," Yoongi murmurs, breath ghosting over blushing cheeks, "but I don't think you've ever asked me to do that before."

 

Hoseok just re-laces their fingers, knowing that that there's no way Yoongi could know the muggle meaning of a New Year's kiss - "I want to spend the rest of the year with you”.

 

"Well," he leans in and pecks the older at the corner of his lips, "I guess there's a first for everything, right?"


8th entry for the 30daydrabble :D