Of Old Memories and Nightmares - 1

{HIATUS - READ DESCRIPTION} The Adventures of Ryeowook and VampKyu
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Yes, I have your substitute blood! Did you think I forgot it; that’s you with the vegetables!” Ryeowook huffed into the phone. A garbled voice could be heard coming from the receiver, but Ryeowook could understand just fine. “No, and that was only once, you actually forgot to take your stupid blood five times last month!”

More chatter.

Ryeowook sighed and fished for his keys out of his pocket, trying desperately not to drop his groceries. “Of course I got the right brand, do you think I got it off the black market or something? You have a goddamned prescription.” He groaned when the ring of the keys slipped off his fingers and he stooped down to get them, only for slim pale hands to place them in his palms.

“You need any help there?” The man asked. Ryeowook laughed and stood up, inserting the key into the lock.

“I think I’m good, thanks.” The human felt chills run down his spine, the person who helped him was definitely otherworldly.  “Kyu, I’m home now, I’ll see you in like less than a minute, honestly, you’re so clingy.” He hit the end button and shoved the phone in his back pocket, cursing overprotective vampire roommates under his breath.

Ryeowook sighed and turned to face the man, hand stretched out for a handshake.“I’m Kim Ryeowook, what’s you-!”

Ryeowook’s face paled and his hand started to tremble, a cold sweat beginning to break out on his forehead. The man in front of him grinned fearsomely and grasped Ryeowook’s shaking hand firmly. “Hyungsik. Park Hyungsik.”

The former protector turned loner smirked, lips curling up into a cruel grin. “Nice to see you again, Ryeowook-hyung.”

Ryeowook blanched and his knees buckled, sending him and all of his groceries crashing to the floor. Hyungsik chuckled and he crouched down to peer into Ryeowook’s wide, tear-filled eyes. “Aw, don’t look so happy to see me!” Hyungsik reached a hand out to Ryeowook’s face, but he flinched away and the ghoul frowned. “Well, that’s unfortunate.”

Hyungsik suddenly stiffened and he turned to look in the direction of the elevator. “It appears that we’re going to have company and frankly, I’m not interested in seeing them.” He stood up and with a wave of his hand, he was gone. Ryeowook stayed in that position even after he heard the familiar ding of the elevator and the tell-tale humming of his roommate.

“Ryeong, I hope you haven’t started dinner because I picked up some Thai-Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun immediately set down the food (the curry may or may not have spilled over) and held Ryeowook’s pale face in his hands. Wiping away his tears with his thumb, Kyuhyun’s crimson eyes searched Ryeowook’s for any sign as to what happened, but Ryeowook’s gaze gave nothing away, only revealing watery sadness and obvious pain. "What happened?"

Ryeowook whimpered and shied away from the vampire, wrapping his arms around himself protectively. Kyuhyun let out a low growl when he caught the scent of another creature and the putrid smell of Ryeowook's fear. When Ryeowook let out another whine, Kyuhyun swept him up into his arms and carried him into their apartment.

He set the human down on their couch and smothered him in blankets before curling up next to him and holding his hands. Ryeowook was still shaking like a leaf and it made Kyuhyun so angry to not know why. But he could find out later; right now, his human's safety was his top priority.  

Kyuhyun knew when Ryeowook wanted quiet and this was one of those times, so he covered them both with the blanket and took him back in his arms, just content to stay there in silence. Eventually Ryeowook's shaking slowed, and then came to a stop, the only sound in the room being their breathing.

When Ryeowook's breathing had slowed into a steady rhythm and Kyuhyun knew that he was asleep, he leaned back and scowled at the ceiling. As Ryeowook's protector, any pain that the human felt, he took as a personal insult. And they had only recently started to work with each other, how could he let that progress go to waste?

Maybe Sungmin knew more? Kyuhyun had only been Ryeowook’s guardian for a year, as opposed to Sungmin's lifelong childhood friendship with Ryeowook. He let a yawn escape him and he rested his head on the couch cushions. Just a small nap...


 

Ryeowook screamed as he felt his flesh tear open, blood running down his face and pooling on the pristine white floors. Pain ripped through his body, eyes wide with unconcealed terror as his tormenter drew closer. Hyungsik's bloody fingers came into vie

Please log in to read the full chapter