Of Haircuts and Skinny Jeans

{HIATUS - READ DESCRIPTION} The Adventures of Ryeowook and VampKyu
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Hyung, I want to change my hairstyle.”

Sungmin looked up from the table he was wiping down and stared incredulously at the younger man in front of him. “What’s wrong with your hair right now? I think it looks good?” Sungmin frowned and kicked Ryeowook’s leg. “Get up, I just wiped that table.” Ryeowook whined and buried his face in his arms, his scrubs covered legs kicking like a child’s.

The elder whacked him on the back. “Get up!” Ryeowook whined again, but grudgingly straightened up. Sungmin crossed his arms over his chest and stared at Ryeowook. “Still, why do you want to suddenly change your hair?”

Ryeowook reached up and tugged at his black locks hanging unstyled over his eyes. "I don't know, it just feels like it's time for a change."

Sungmin nodded and reached over to finger Ryeowook's hair as well. "I can see your point. You've had this style for a while." Ryeowook made a pouty, affirmative face at his hyung, who smiled and ruffled his hair. Did you have any specific style in mind?”

Ryeowook thought for a while and then smacked the table with a bright smile. “Do you remember that time when Victoria did my hair for the dance?” Sungmin grinned and nodded enthusiastically.

“I thought you would get mobbed by the underclassmen, they couldn’t keep their eyes off of you!” Sungmin laughed when Ryeowook reddened. “Let’s go to Gunhee’s salon, he’ll be able to do it.”

Ryeowook nodded and moved to get up, but Sungmin shouted, “Hey! You fogged up my table, come and clean it!” Ryeowook stuck his tongue out and ran out the door, cackling loudly to himself. Sungmin let out a screech and raced after the younger, waving the rag wildly over his head, Saeun giving the two a strange look from behind the counter.

She sighed and walked around to the main eating area. “Who does that man think he married? Ah, he’s so stubborn, not asking for a faerie’s help.” And with a flick of her wrist, all the tables were suddenly spotless, all the chairs were pushed in, and the cafe had a scent of fresh flowers floating over the air. Saeun scoffed and went back to check on her cookies. “I’m a faerie, I can do magic, what’s the point if I don’t use it?”

 

 

“Gunhee-hyung! I need a haircut!” Ryeowook screeched as he flung open the doors, Sungmin a panting mess behind him. Gunhee looked up from where he was sweeping the cut hair from the floor. Heechul poked his head out from the office and cautiously stepped out when he saw Ryeowook’s flyaway hair.

Gunhee came over and inspected the youngest’s hair. “Anything particular you had in mind?”

Ryeowook turned to Heechul with a shy smile. “I was thinking about the hair Victoria did for me for senior prom.” Heechul grinned and nodded enthusiastically.

“The one where you had it up off your forehead?” Heechul asked. “You had it dyed a red didn’t you? Wow, that one? I had to fend off a lot of suitors that day, are you sure?”

Gunhee grinned and wrapped an arm around Ryeowook’s shoulders. “Of course he’s sure! He’s gonna get a lot of attention at the nursing home, that’s for sure.” Ryeowook shrieked and pushed the man away. The others laughed wildly at the younger’s embarrassment. The hairdresser gently led Ryeowook over to the hair washing station while Sungmin and Heechul looked on.

A smirk spread across Heechul's face and he nudged Sungmin in the side. "Hey, call Kyuhyun to come over. He's gonna flip when he sees Wookie." Heechul turned to where Gunhee was washing Ryeowook's hair. "Gunhee, how long will this take?"

Gunhee shrugged and pumped conditioner onto his hands. "From anywhere to 30 minutes to 2 hours, but since his hair is short and he's going for a darker red than last time, it'll probably take an hour and a half. You are going to dye your hair, right?" Gunhee asked. When Ryeowook nodded, Gunhee grinned and began rubbing in the conditioner. "Yeah, around an hour and a half, why?"

"Ah, you and I have to run to the store after this, and Sungminnie has to go back to the cafe, so Ryeowookie has no ride home." Heechul replied calmly, with a completely straight face as he spilled out blatant lies. Gunhee quirked an eyebrow and exchanged a glance with Heechul, who silently mouthed Kyuhyun to the other man. The hairdresser smiled slightly and nodded, turning back to focus on his customer.

"Ryeowook-ah, is Kyuhyun at home?" Sungmin called.

"He should be!" Ryeowook shouted over the noise of the water. "If he isn't, I'm gonna kick his !"

Sungmin laughed and began to scroll through his contact list. "I'm gonna call him and ask if he can pick you up after you're done."

"Make sure you text him fifteen minutes before we're done," Ryeowook yelled. "He might forget if you ask now!"

“He won’t, especially if it comes to leaving you alone.” Sungmin mumbled, just loud enough so that Heechul could hear. Hee

Please log in to read the full chapter