Of Birthdays and Broken Bags of Flour

{HIATUS - READ DESCRIPTION} The Adventures of Ryeowook and VampKyu
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Do you have the sugar?"

"We need how many sticks of butter?"

"Dear Neptune, please tell me you remembered the flour!"

"It's up here, I got it!"

"Kyuhyun, watch out!" Sungmin shrieked. Kyuhyun screamed and flung out his arms in an effort to catch himself as the stool he was standing on toppled over, sending him crashing to the ground with a mighty thump. The flour he was trying to get tipped over and broke open on his head, covering the young man in a fine white powder.

Kyuhyun coughed, sending the flour flying out of his mouth. Donghae winced and bent over to help the younger up, gently dusting the flour off his hair. Hyukjae surveyed the damage and cringed. "Wook's not gonna be happy about this."

"No, he's not."

The four men froze and slowly turned their head to stare at the man standing at the door with his arms crossed over his chest and a fiery anger burning in his eyes. "What the hell did you do to my kitchen?!"

Sungmin cautiously got to his feet and held out his hands defensively. “Ryeowook-ah, we didn't think you would come back early-!"

"It's 2:30 in the morning, how is this early!?" He shrieked.

Sungmin winced and slowly edged away. "Ryeowookie, calm down, it’s not as bad as it seems-”

“Then what would you describe it as?!” Ryeowook shouted, gesturing wildly at the messy, flour covered kitchen. “I just got off the longest shift of my life, went through three hours of traffic with hopes of making myself a small dinner and then going to sleep, but I come back to this!”

The man stormed over to the counter and grabbed the bowl of sugar out of Donghae’s hands. “Look at this! What are you trying to do with this much sugar; summon the gingerbread man?” Turning his glare towards Hyukjae, he snatched the butter out of his hands. “Are you Paula Dean? No normal recipe uses this much butter, oh my god.”

Ryeowook whirled around and hauled Kyuhyun up by the shoulder. “What are you supposed to be doing, huh? How much were you planning to make with this?!” He picked up the broken bag of flour off of the floor with a look of pure disdain. “This was literally my last bag of flour that I was saving the rest of to make pound cake for Leeteuk and Heechul hyung’s birthday and you ing broke it.”

The other men in the room looked incredibly guilty and they all hung their heads, eyes refusing to meet Ryeowook’s. Ryeowook huffed and turned around. Moments passed in silence until they all stiffened when they heard a small sniffle from the small man.

“Oh Ryeowook...” Sungmin murmured. He moved to wrap him in a hug, but Ryeowook tensed and edged away. Sungmin lowered his hands with a hurt expression clearly written on his face. Donghae was silently crying, clinging to Hyukjae’s hand and the human gently brought him closer. Kyuhyun was at the back of the group, completely silent and an unreadable expression in his eyes.

“Could all of you just...could you leave me alone for a bit?” Ryeowook finally croaked. Hyukjae looked like he was about to say something, but Sungmin placed a hand on his shoulder and gently steered him away. Donghae lingered a bit longer, but with a tug on his hand, he le

Please log in to read the full chapter