Of Misunderstandings and Goodie Baskets

{HIATUS - READ DESCRIPTION} The Adventures of Ryeowook and VampKyu
Please log in to read the full chapter


 

Ever since Ryeowook had gone to Gunhee's salon and changed his hair, Kyuhyun had to deal with more problems than he could have ever imagined. Everywhere that he went with the human, he saw heads turning to stare in their direction and Kyuhyun swore that he saw a gryphon hybrid run into a pole once, but Ryeowook insisted that he was just seeing things.

"It's like his senior prom all over again!" Heechul complained to Kyuhyun over coffee one day. He sighed and took a long drink of his coffee. “I’m very proud of his transformation, but I can’t help but be worried for him.”

In addition to Ryeowook changing his hairstyle, his choice of clothing had changed as well. He traded in his pastel sweaters for graphic tees, his loose pants for form fitting skinny jeans and turned from a cutesy snowflake into a y, very handsome young man. Kyuhyun himself had to keep his eyes from wandering more than once.

Heechul slammed his drink down on the table. “I only had to deal with it for one night, I can’t imagine how you feel dealing with it now!” Kyuhyun nodded and sighed exasperatedly. Just that morning when he saw Ryeowook off, he noticed a human girl eyeing the elder with clear desire in her eyes and Kyuhyun had to make sure that she knew that Ryeowook was off limits. (He totally did not plant a kiss on Ryeowook's cheek when he left the apartment in clear view of the girl.)

Kyuhyun took a quick sip of his drink and stared thoughtfully at the window. “It’s been a lot easier than I thought it would be. From what you’ve told me about senior prom, he was attacked by the underclassmen, but I haven’t seen anything like that lately.” Heechul quirked an eyebrow and leaned forward. “I mean, all I’ve had to do is tell a few people, mainly other creatures, to look at his face and not his , but no one’s tried to carry him away.”

“Interesting...” Heechul murmured. Just then, his phone rang and he sighed when he saw the caller ID. “That’s Gunhee, I have a photoshoot and he’s my ride to the studio. I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

Kyuhyun snorted and raised a hand in farewell. “Break a leg!”

“Thanks brat!” Heechul shouted.

“I meant it literally, I hope you trip and break something!”

Heechul scoffed and flipped the vampire off as he left the cafe. Kyuhyun laughed to himself and checked his watch. “Time for me to go too.” he sighed. “I wonder what I’ll find when I get home.”


 

“Thanks for helping out today Siwon!” Ryeowook chirped. The incubus nodded happily and pulled on his coat.

“It’s no problem, I was happy to help out.” Siwon winced as he looked around Ryeowook’s apartment. “I’m sorry for the mess I made here.” Small mounds of flour were scattered on the floor and a huge stack of dishes were piled in his sink.

Ryeowook just shrugged and hung up his apron. “I’ve seen worse.” Siwon laughed, because what could be worse than what he had just done? Ryeowook snickered and gently pushed Siwon to the door. “Get yourself to the photoshoot, I’ve kept you for too long.”

Siwon gave the small human a side hug and grabbed his bag from the rack. “Thanks again for letting me bake with you.”

“I’ll bring some over tomorrow so you can see the fruits of your labor.” Ryeowook replied. Siwon laughed again and nodded. Ryeowook smiled and opened the door for the incubus, beaming happily.

The incubus walked out of the apartment, only to run into Ryeowook’s vampire roommate, who immediately put on a sour look when he laid eyes on Siwon. “Oh my word, I am so sorry, I was not looking where I was going.”

Kyuhyun growled lowly and walked over to Ryeowook’s side, slowly wrapping an arm around his waist. “That’s for damn sure.” Ryeowook glared at him and smacked his chest. Kyuhyun looked down at him in confusion. “What?”

“Be polite, he apologized.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, but a firm stomp on his foot, courtesy of Ryeowook, had him cringing in pain and he grudgingly lifted his hair to glare at Siwon. “Sorry.” he croaked out. Siwon smiled faintly and raised his hands.

“It's okay, no harm done, right?"

Ryeowook smiled again and waved at the taller monster standing in the hall. “I’ll see you later!” Kyuhyun sighed and steered Ryeowook back into their apartment. Just as Ryeowook was about to disappear from sight, Kyuhyun smirked at Siwon and smacked Ryeowook's .

The human shrieked and as the door closed behind Kyuhyun, Siwon heard Kyuhyun's terrified pleads for mercy and Ryeowook's ruthless screams of evil. Siwon smiled to himself and unlocked the door to his own apartment.


 

"What took you so long Siwonnie?" Heechul crooned from where he was getting his makeup done. Siwon dropped his bag and coat on an empty seat and then took his own spot next to Heechul. "It's a good thing you're handsome, because if you weren't, you would've been fired."

Siwon chuckled and let the hairstylist noona fuss over him. "I was helping Ryeowook bake cookies while Kyuhyun was out."

"Oh, that's where Ryeowook was, I was wondering why he didn't come to coffee today." Heechul paused so the makeup artist coul

Please log in to read the full chapter