Of Mishaps and Magic

{HIATUS - READ DESCRIPTION} The Adventures of Ryeowook and VampKyu
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Aah, I knew we didn't have enough dough!" Saeun wailed, gesturing wildly at the cookies on the cooling pan in front of them. "Screw it, I don't care what Sungmin said, I'm going to use magic!"

"Noona, no!" Ryeowook lunged forward and grabbed Saeun's wrists just before she could release her magic. "Whenever you use your magic on your food, it never ends well!"

Saeun screeched and tried to throw the man off. "This won't last throughout tomorrow! I have to make more and there's no time! Ryeowook, I will hex you if you don't let go!"

Ryeowook stubbornly shook his head and if anything, he held on tighter. Saeun huffed. "Fine, you asked for it!" Ryeowook realized too late that she specialized in nonverbal spells and the cafe suddenly was flooded with light.

When Saeun opened her eyes, she realized that Ryeowook wasn't holding her down. She cast a glance at her cookies and groaned when she saw that they weren't any more than there were before. "You were right Ryeowook-ah," she sighed. "The spell didn't work on the cookies."

"I know!" a small, tinny voice rang out and Saeun paled. "It worked on me!" Saeun cursed and nervously looked down to see a two-inch tall Ryeowook glaring up at her.

She kneeled down to take a closer look at the man. "I'm so sorry, I didn't think this would happen!" Ryeowook was red in the face and fuming. "I must have messed up the incantation for multiplying and shrinking!"

"I have work tomorrow noona!" Ryeowook shrieked. Saeun winced; Ryeowook's normally high voice was even higher now that he was small. "I can't show up like this!"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry!" she wailed. Saeun set her hands on the floor for him to get on and with a sigh, Ryeowook clambered into her outstretched hands. "This'll wear off in a day or so, please don't be mad!"

Ryeowook huffed and plopped down in her palms, seething and muttering viciously to himself.

"Honey, who are you talking to?"

Saeun froze up and slowly poked her head over the counter to see her husband walking into the cafe. Sungmin immediately smiled at his wife and started to walk over to her. "Kyuhyun's parking the car, are the cookies ready?" She quickly nodded and pulled herself out of view.

"What am I going to tell him?!" Saeun hissed to the tiny person in her hands. "Oh sorry sweetie, I accidentally shrank your best friend?! This isn't 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids'!"

"You did what?!" Saeun whirled around to see Sungmin, eyes wide, leaning over the counter. "Ryeowook!?"

Ryeowook sullenly waved at his friend, and then went back to sulking. Saeun winced and looked at her husband with watery eyes. "It was an accident, I was trying to multiply the cookies since we ran out of dough, but I messed up the incantation, and Ryeowook was holding me back, so he got hit! I'm sorry, oh my god what do I do-why are you laughing?!"

Sungmin had disappeared from sight, but judging from the uproarious bellows from behind the counter, Sungmin wasn't mad at all. "Lee Sungmin!" Ryeowook screamed. This only set Sungmin off again, and he began to laugh even harder.

"Oh my god, this is too good!" Sungmin finally huffed, having brought himself up to a standing position. Saeun was standing now and Ryeowook was seated on the counter in between them.

"This is not good, I have work tomorrow!" Ryeowook complained. "Don't you dare laugh!" He chastised when he saw Sungmin unsubtly hide a laugh behind his hand.

"How are you going to work when you're like two inches tall?" Sungmin asked and then his eyes lit up with excitement. "Kyuhyun's gonna flip when he sees you!"

Saeun groaned and buried her face in her hands. "He's never going to forgive me when he sees this mess, oh my gosh!"

"When I see what?" Saeun squeaked and hurriedly took Ryeowook back into her hands before diving back down behind the counter. Kyuhyun walked through the doors to stand by Sungmin's side. "Noona, I've seen you without makeup before, you look fine."

Sungmin chuckled and beckoned Kyuhyun closer. "That's not what she doesn't want you to see. " Saeun made a noise of disapproval and Kyuhyun frowned when he heard a shrill squeak that didn't sound like the faerie. "Honey, he's going to find out sooner or later, why not sooner?"

A few moments passed in tense silence, then Saeun timidly rose, concealing something in her hands. "Kyuhyun, before you get mad, I just want you to know that I take full responsibility for this." Kyuhyun just smiled and looked at her, confusion clearly painted onto his face.

"Why would I get mad?"

Saeun glanced at her husband, who nodded, phone already out and recording. She in a deep breath and slowly opened her hands, revealing a tiny figure in the middle of her palms.

Kyuhyun grinned and stopped down to take a closer look. "That's a super cool figure, noona! It looks just like Ryeowook!" Sungmin snorted and even Saeun had to hold back a snicker. Kyuhyun was just enthralled by the small thing in Saeun's hands, prodding it gently and jumped back when it moved. "It moves too? Noona, this is so cool!"

"Um, Kyuhyun, do you know what this is?" Saeun questioned.

Please log in to read the full chapter