Xi Jaekyung

Scars

Jaekyung's POV
 

"Good Job everyone!!" I muttered as the operation successfully ended.

It's been 10 hour straight operation and for godness sake, i havent taken my dinner and its already 12 midnight.  Dr. Thompson supposedly attending physician for today ask me to take over because of urgent matter as he needed to travel from California to Canada. I took off my white coat and took a seat on my swivel chair. With my head leaning on the black leather, my stomach grumbled. Ive never been so tired like today though it happened a lot way back during my residency, but my body seems to used now.

"Goodmorning!", Dr. Grace Houston greeted with a grin,

She was my bestfriend! we were classmates when we were taking Medicine in Princeton. She walk in and comfortably took the sofa with a bag in her hand,

"Based on your face, looks like you didnt have dinner.. so I made this!",

"Since when did you learn to cook?? When i remember the last time you nearly burnt your house..", I and at the same time taste her egg roll.

"Really Jaekyung?", she glared at me.

I laughed at her, " Thanks Grace! and I love you for this! Its delicious!", i complimented

"That's it! You should just said that awhile ago.", she shot back and laugh also.

"By the way Jae, Dr. Henry wants to talk to you tomorrow afternoon.", she changed the subject

"About what?",I asked

" I dont know, since he was like showing some motives on you!", she smirk

"Shut up! Im getting married ok!?', i defended

"Fine.. I have to go now, I need to report at ER, and you should sleep and eat more. You lose weight that fast.", she bid goodbye as she hug me.

"Bye grace!', i said to her and let go the hug.

 

---

 I am Xi Jaekyung, a surgeon at California Medical Center. It's been a rough 3 years since i got back to Korea. I have a brother, his name is Xi Luhan, were not blood related but his parents gratefuly adopted me when i was 10. They found me dying because of coldness. They brought me on their house, they fed me, send me to school and love me like their real daughter, as same with Luhan, he was been a great brother to me. I am thankful for taking good care of me, not a single time i felt sadness when im with them.

---

When i got back at our quarters, i check my phone and notice 4 missed calls and 1 message from Jongin. Jongin was my fiance for 3 years. He proposed to me during  the last visit of mine. Both of us are busy with our own, when he's asleep im at work, same through with me.

I LOVE YOU JAE!

- JONGIN
 

He always send me messages but it doesnt fail to make me grin and blush. He's my man, and one and only love. It's been half year since our last meeting, and i totally missed him.

 I decided to call him back, it's lunch time now in Korea,

"Hey babe! Why are you still awake? its already 12:30am there.', he answered

"I was too busy, i just finish eating my dinner. I just miss you, thats why i called back since you obviously miss me more.", i  chuckled. and the other line went silent for a while.

"Dont tired up your body too much Jae, its bad for you.. You know i love you so much and i dont want to see youto be hurt.", he broke the silence with some seriousness.

"Dont worry Jongin,  i am more careful now.....I love you Jongin...... i love you... i love you... i love you....", i whispered

 " I love you more my Mrs. Kim", he answered back

 Those words that always make my heart jump all the time.

"You need to sleep  now Jae. it's already morning there..",

"Fine.. i will!  Im hanging up now..",

"Ok! ill call you when i got home. I love you...",

"I love you too..",

(Jaekyung's engagement ring)

Just wait Jongin.... I'm coming back and i will never leave again... NEVER