Flashlight

Music Box

Flashlight from the movie Pitch Perfect 2

Original singer is Jessie J, I think 

 


The rain is pouring down hard against the roof of Jessica’s house.

 

Jessica curls inside her blanket as she covers her ears from the loud thunder. She’s not usually afraid of the thunder. But ever since the power went out, the booming sound that resonates within these four walls terrifies her.

 

“Fany-ah, come here, right now.” Jessica whines the instant Tiffany replies from the other side of the phone with a ‘hello?’

 

Jessica can hear Tiffany sighing on the other line. “But I just got home, and I’m tired.”

 

Tiffany’s uninterested and unwilling to budge from her warm and cozy home.

 

“Hurry…” Jessica’s tears threaten to fall, and Tiffany knows it from the tone of her voice.

 

“Fine.” Tiffany reluctantly gives in as she grabs an umbrella and her car keys.

 

Within twenty minutes, Tiffany’s standing in front of the door. She inserts the spare key that she has as she’s freezing under the pouring rain.

 

“Jessi…” Tiffany flips the switch, which doesn’t turn on.

 

Great.

 

Tiffany slowly walks through the dark area and over to Jessica’s room. Because she’s been here countless of times, she knows where everything is and is able to avoid tripping over the things she can’t see.

 

“The electricity went out again.” Tiffany speaks matter-of-factly as she stands in front of Jessica’s doorway.

 

A thunder strikes again, causing the lump on the bed to flinch.

 

“Where are you?” Jessica submerges from her cocoon and blindly roams her hands around in the dark.

 

“Here.” Tiffany whispers right against Jessica’s ear, knowing that the latter would jump from it, which Jessica does without fail.

 

“I so don’t like you right now.” Jessica turns her head to the left since Tiffany should be standing at her right. She’s already scared enough. Tiffany is being a mean girlfriend by spooking up on her.

 

“Should I leave then?” Tiffany removes her hand from Jessica’s upper arm.

 

They’re apart for a second before Jessica connects their hands once again. It’s dark and Jessica can’t even make out Tiffany’s silhouette, but this hand she knows just as well as she knows her own. Even if she can’t see, she can always find Tiffany’s hand. “Don’t leave me.”

 

Jessica tugs Tiffany’s hand to get the latter to lie down with her.

 

“But you don’t like me.” Still, Tiffany complies and hugs Jessica as they lay on her king-sized mattress.

 

“That was then, and this is now. I like you now.” Jessica kisses Tiffany’s cheek.

 

“Yah. My lips are here.” Tiffany impatiently grabs Jessica’s chin, angling it a few degrees higher before swooping down to connect their lips.

 

She could feel Jessica’s lips turn up. “I know where they are. I purposely didn’t kiss you there.”

 

“Why not? I’m a great kisser.” Tiffany likes to compliment herself. Some people would be turned off by it, but Jessica finds it cute and endearing.

 

Except this time.

 

“Ew, Fany. Can you please stop talking? Your breath smells like cucumber.” Jessica lightly pushes away Tiffany’s face with her palm.

 

“Oh, I forgot about that. Yuri packed me some salad for dinner.” Tiffany chuckles lightheartedly, not taking offense that her girlfriend just shoved her away and told her to stop talking because her breath reeks of cucumber.

 

“I said stop talking.” Jessica slams her hand over Tiffany’s mouth as her nose scrunches in disgust. The smell of cucumber is faint but for someone as sensitive as Jessica, it smells as if Tiffany is munching on a cucumber right now.

 

“Fine.” Tiffany rolls off the bed, which surprises Jessica as she bolts up as well and follows after her.

 

“Fany…” Jessica mumbles as she wraps her arms around Tiffany’s waist from behind. As if they’re joined at the hip, they simultaneously move within the house with Tiffany leading.

 

The other rooms in the house are as black as the inside of her bedroom. But since Tiffany is like her flashlight, Jessica doesn’t need to see anything to walk about in her own home. She trusts Tiffany to guide her.

 

“It’s cold.” Jessica squeezes onto Tiffany tighter when a burst of cold air hits her.

 

Tiffany moves quickly as she takes the strawberry ice cream out of the freezer before shutting its door. She then walks over with Jessica still clinging onto her to where the utensils are and grabs a spoon from the drawer.

 

Once they’re back into Jessica’s bedroom, Tiffany pops open the cap of the carton and scoops a mouthful of ice cream before shoveling it into . The taste of strawberry swirls into , overtaking any remaining cucumber scent.

 

“Me too.” Jessica demands as she opens wide.

 

Tiffany grins as she slowly brings the spoon close to Jessica’s mouth.

 

“Ahh.” Jessica widens to accept the sweet treat, but the corner of is met with coldness instead.

 

“Sorry. Must have missed your mouth.” Tiffany attempts again and again until Jessica’s chin and lips are covered with strawberry ice cream.

 

“Fany!” Jessica responds in annoyance as she smacks her lips together. The sweet liquid manages to enter Jessica’s mouth when she does that, but before she can her lips, Tiffany beats her to it by pressing her lips to Jessica’s.

 

As they’re locking lips, the lights are turned back on. When Tiffany pulls back so they can get some air, Jessica suddenly surprises her with a sneak attack.

 

“Move in with me.”

 

“W-What?” Tiffany pants. Could be from the kiss or it could be from Jessica’s sudden offer.

 

“I want you to live with me.” Jessica snakes her arms around Tiffany’s neck as she smiles sweetly to sweeten up the offer.

 

With the lights now on, Jessica can see just how bewildered Tiffany looks. Moving in together was a big step for the both of them, but Tiffany especially. She’s always lived alone, so of course the transition would be a little difficult.

 

But Jessica was sure Tiffany would warm up to the idea of them living together. Heck, Tiffany knows her house better than she does.

 

“Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?”

 

Jessica pouts, feigning fear. “It might rain again and the power might turn off in the process. I need my flashlight here with me.”

 

Jessica knows she won when Tiffany smirks. “Well, I am as bright as the sun, aren’t I?”

 

Jessica doesn’t hesitate to nod. “You’re my brighter than gems, Fany Fany Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany’s smirk grows wider. Jessica gets that she shouldn’t be feeding Tiffany’s ego, but a cute and arrogant Tiffany is harmless and super attractive.

 

“I’ll bring my things over tomorrow.”

 

“Okay. Now, can you turn off the lights?”

 

“What for?”

 

“So we can continue where we left off. Duh.”