One Family

Creating Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Family

 

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood,

but of respect and joy in each other's life.”

Richard Bach


 

 

Although it was Tuesday and his schedule was quite packed due to CNBLUE’s final world tour concert which would coincidently be held on his birthday at the end of the week Jonghyun felt so very happy and energetic that he could barely hide his good mood from his band mates.

 

Yesterday he and his wife went to see Seungyeon’s family to share the good news. Seungyeon obviously felt so relieved to be able to finally tell them their little secret. Her mother shed tears of joy while her sisters kept dancing around her, giggling and carefully hugging Seungyeon at the same time.

 

Jonghuyn himself felt especially touched when Seungyeon’s dad smilingly laid an arm around him, unable to put into words, how happy he was for them. But Jonghyun understood better than anyone. No one was more overjoyed with the sudden news than he himself.

 

He had always wanted to start a family with Seungyeon. Even back in the We-got-married-days Jonghyun found himself thinking that this woman was perfect mother material. Sometimes he would daydream about their future and not seldom those dreams included them two being parents of very cute children. He would imagine Seungyeon to pack lunchboxes for the little ones in the morning or going through their homework with them in the evening. When he would come home from the studio they would sit down together to have family dinners on a table filled with laughter and love. Later Seungyeon and he would bring their children to bed and enjoy a nice glass of wine while comfortably sitting arm in arm in their living room, talking about what happened during the day. It was a simple fantasy but it had always been one of his most favourite ones.

 

To be honest, becoming a great rock star was Jonghyun’s childhood dream and he was very glad that he achieved it. But like he told his father in law years ago, becoming a good husband and father grew to be his new dream after Seungyeon unexpectedly stumbled into his life, turning his head and heart upside-down. When he first met her he instantly knew she was different from all the women around him. Even if it seemed ridiculous and strange to others at times, he instinctively knew that he had to do everything possible to keep her close – and he did. Some people used to make fun of him and his behaviour but in the end he was proven right. If you wanted something to happen, you had to make it happen. Looking back, every silly, cheesy or embarrassing thing he did to gain her attention, to make her trust and love him was worth it. Seeing Seungyeon in the midst of her family now glowing with happiness like every soon to be mother should, Jonghyun realised he’d never change a thing in their love story, because all of their memories made them who they were today.

 

“Hyung, you missed your solo again. It’s already the second time today.” Minhuyk’s voice broke through Jonghyun’s thoughts.

 

“Yeah, what’s with you and this weird grin the whole time? You look like you smoked something funny.” Jungshin stated teasingly while at the same time hiding behind their CNBLUE leader just in case the guitarist would try to lash out to him. But strangely Jonghyun didn’t even try to. If possible, his smile only became a little wider.

 

“Let’s take a break.” He simply suggested, walking to the back of their music room to grab a few drinks for them.

 

The others exchanged irritated looks, but decided to put their instruments down as well and gather around him. If they couldn’t get through the song correctly it might really was time to recharge batteries.

 

“So I was wondering…” Yonghwa started just when the door surprisingly opened and Shinhye and Seungyeon entered the room, bringing Shinhae and Jonhwa with them.

 

“Are we disturbing you right now? We were in the area and thought we stop by to say hello.” Shinhye greeted the band members with a bright smile.

 

“Ani. You are just in time to enjoy our break with us.” Jonghyun answered, showing both women a meaningful gaze.

 

Jungshin and Minhyuk immediately made their way towards Seungyeon to ask if she was feeling alright now, while Yonghwa helped her carry Shinhea who fell asleep in her arms on the way to the FNC building. Then they quickly went to hug Shinhye and Jonhwa as well.

 

Jonghyun was glad that Seungyeon looked a lot healthier these past couple of days. She was still a little pale and her nausea unfortunately hadn’t left completely, but she eventually managed to at least hold in some food and this gave her enough energy to positively get through each day. Also being able to share everything with her hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter