Home Affairs

Creating Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Home Affairs

 

Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Michael J. Fox
 

The latest September temperature had been a pleasant change compared to the past few months of burning summer heat. Seungyeon recently entered the last trimester of her pregnancy and just like the uncomfortable weather her initial struggles and worries had vanished into thin air. She had eventually been able to entertain a healthy relationship to food again. Above this the baby was very well and literally kicking now and she couldn’t be more grateful for it.

 

Just as Jonghyun had promised, he had taken some time off to be by her side while she was still struggling heavily with her intense morning sickness which unfortunately had lasted until far into her fourth month of pregnancy. He only shot the already scheduled web-drama, but made sure to be back at home as much as he possibly could. Once her health condition improved, her husband finally brought her out on the long awaited and quite belated honeymoon.

 

The couple stayed overseas for almost two months before secretly returning to the new house Jonghyun had bought. It was just around the corner from Yonghwa’s and Shinhye’s place. The CNBLUE brothers came up with the idea that a close arrangement would be very helpful in the near future. That way they could easily help each other take care of the little ones whenever one or some of them were busy. Seungyeon and Shinhye found it to be quite a smart approach and quickly agreed.

 

Seungyeon loved the new place. It was spacious and definitely had enough room for more than just one child. However, she was still a tad sad to leave their beloved and very cozy apartment. After all, she had made so many great memories there. It helped though that Jonghyun’s second sister would be using it with her fiancé now. That way she could still come back to visit it once in a while.

 

It seemed like luck was on their side for a change. Up until now the news of her pregnancy had yet to be revealed. Newspapers and webpages kept focussing on other celebrities and Jonghyun as well as Seungyeon could not be happier about it as they wanted to enjoy their quiet time as long as they could before the inevitable paparazzi chase would break loose.

 

Little did they know that their fate was about to change soon.

 

*****

 

It was in the early evening when Seungyeon started to prepare dinner in their brand new American kitchen. From the terrace she could hear contagious baby laughter. She chuckled quietly when she caught a glimpse of her husband who was amusingly dancing around with two little children sitting on his strong arms as he moved past the open wing door.

 

Seungyeon added the last ingredients to the broth before carefully the now more and more obvious curvature of her stomach. In a few months the voice of another baby could hopefully be heard around the house and while she finally enjoyed her pregnancy now she also couldn’t wait for the day when she would get to hold the small version of her beloved Jonghyun as well as herself in her arms. 

 

“Yeobo?” Her husband called out for her. “Can you help me with little Shinnie for a second? Jonhwa-yah needs his diapers changed.”

 

Jonghyun appeared with a slightly funny face in front of the kitchen counter. Seungyeon couldn’t help but love him even more for what he just said. How many men would voluntarily change baby diapers?

 

Seungyeon quickly set the timer for the soup and then went to pick up little Shinhae so Jonghyun could have a private moment with Jonhwa.

 

Overall the baby sitting day had been going quite well and Seungyeon was happy that Yonghwa and Shinhye were able to spend some time together just as husband and wife. Luckily the twins were already used to Jonghyun and herself so they had no troubles staying with them when their parents left.

 

The toddlers had started to walk a few months ago and while babysitting before had mostly contained lying on a blanket on the floor and assisting them with toys, the newlyweds had to really step up their game now. Jonghyun and Seungyeon had to keep a close eye on them and because the twins barely ever walked into the same direction they needed to be extra careful not to lose track of one of them.

 

Without the parents around it was also not easy to put them to sleep after lunch. Jonghyun and Seungyeon had to search for monsters under the bed, read a story and serenade a number of songs to them until they slowly drifted into sleep. It was especially tough because the children had a tendency to never be tired at the same time. They would wake each other up if the adults couldn’t help it. After successfully battling with them for a little over an hour the couple felt so exhausted that they immediately fell asleep next to them.

 

Apart from that everything went well. Once again Jonghyun and Seungyeon noticed that they had an amazing teamwork. It was as if they could guess beforehand what the other one was about to say next and this surely came in handy for the daily demands of childcare as well. And above all they had so much fun hanging out with the babies. It was really a joy.

 

Unexpectedly becoming pregnant had been a huge shock to Seungyeon at first. However, the young couple felt completely different about it now. It didn’t take them long to adjust their life to the new circumstances. They were beyond happy as well as very excited and with the great support of their families and close friends they were confident to be able to do even better in future.

 

*****

 

It was around half past ten when the doorbell was suddenly ringing like crazy. Jonghyun was startled. He had been fast asleep just like his wife who was laying down like sleeping beauty next to him on the sofa, her head peacefully resting on his lap. When Shinhye and Yonghwa had picked up the twins after their date day, he and his wife had spent more than an hour tidying up the house before they decided to watch a movie together, relaxingly ending the day. But they were so tired that they eventually drifted towards dreamland shortly after they the television.

 

He really wondered what kind of crazy person was coming to his house this late at night to cause a commotion. Seungyeon was tiredly rubbing her eyes, looking at him in confusion. He had clearly just woken up to his clumsy as well as failed attempt to leave without having her even notice it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter