Confessions

Creating Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*banner made by Elenys

Confessions

 

I think the worst of the confession season is over.

Joe Kalinowski

 

Seungyeon was sitting on the sofa, Jonghyun’s arm wrapped around her shoulder to give her head something to lean on while her left hand was resting on her curved stomach. She was looking at her youngest sister expectantly.

 

Jungyeon was biting her thumb nail, not really knowing where to look and how to start. Happy virus Jungshin’s face was uncommonly serious, too. Seungyeon guessed that he was wondering how he could ever explain a situation like this properly. After all, the fresh couple did try to meet at a hotel and ended up being caught. To make matters even worse it was none other than Jonghyun who found out about them and as if this wasn’t bad enough he even ended up right in the middle of a scandal with them. The timing of revealing their relationship could not have been worse.

 

“Jungyeon and I have known each other for many years now.” Jungshin finally started somewhere, shooting his girlfriend a worried side glance. She really still seemed out of it but he didn’t dare to hold her hand as his Hyung hadn’t stopped giving him the death stare yet.

 

“But then we starred on a mid-length drama together as a couple which led us to spend more time together.” He continued. “It is no secret that, after making our comeback with CNBLUE, Yonghwa Hyung and Jonghyun Hyung were very busy with their private lives and Minhyuk had just begun shooting a movie. I was rather lonely. Hence I ended up talking to Jungyeon a lot. We had to work together on our character development for the drama process anyway and since we already knew each other our friendship also grew stronger. We became very comfortable.” Jungshin tried to explain.

 

“Even after the drama ended, we kept running into each other for the drama promotions. Then we ended up getting a best couple award. However, we didn’t actually consider dating back at the time. We were still only friends.” Jungyeon finally said shyly. Her voice was thin. Seungyeon could tell right away how uncomfortable she felt.

 

Jungshin silently nodded in agreement.

 

“That’s right. We saw each other at your wedding again.” He explained further as he hesitantly looked towards Seungyeon and Jonghyun. “Somehow, while watching you guys, we both ended up thinking that it really was a shame that we didn’t find the right match yet. We were quite jealous to tell the truth.”

 

“The saddest thing was that we weren’t anywhere close to what you were experiencing because we hadn’t dated anyone in years. So we kind of joked around that it didn’t even need to be perfect. We believed we would be happy with just something happening in our lives. We regretted losing out on all great experiences young couples got to make, especially going to certain places together.” Jungyeon elaborated timidly. “I told Jungshin Oppa that I hadn’t been to the movie theatres since I debuted because it was embarrassing to go by myself.”

 

Jungyeon seemed tormented from all the awkwardness in the room. She obviously regretted not speaking to her sister sooner. It felt terrible to have to explain everything now with all of the guys being present as well.

 

“I don’t exactly remember how our conversation ended up the way it did but as the wedding went on we made fun about how we were pretty good at pretending to be each other’s love interest. After all, we won an award for acting all lovey dovey. So at some point I suggested that I could go to the movie theatres with her as if I was her boyfriend. I didn’t think it would do any harm if two friends would eventually get to do things together they always wanted to experience but couldn’t due to the lack of having a partner.” Jungshin continued. “And at first it really was only that. We hung out together as friends at couple places. We visited the theatres, had a meal in a fancy restaurant in Japan and we even went to a theme park together. It was great to be able to do stuff like that while being single without earning yourself weird looks from other real couples.”

 

“As you already know, even back then Jungshin Oppa and I were very comfortable with each other. However, as we spend more time together we somehow found that the lines between only being friends and actually having developed feelings kept blurring. At first we wondered if we were falling back into our drama characters. But then we realized that we were not imitating someone else. We were just saying and doing what we always wanted to do. We only happened to unexpectedly suit each other much more than we originally expected.” Jungyeon explained.

 

“However, since turning from friends to lovers took place in a rather odd manner and the transition was quite fluent we were worried it might wouldn’t work out. Before telling everyone we wanted to be sure about where our relationship was heading and if it was even worth mentioning. After all, Jungyeon is also my sister-in-law although not by blood relations. As long as we kept it a secret it wouldn’t be as uncomfortable on all of us if we decided to break up in the end.” Jungshin shared his final thoughts. He seemed nervous about how the reaction would turn out and therefore did not dare to look his brothers in the eyes.

 

“I cannot believe that you guys lied to us for such a long time.” Seungyeon eventually mumbled. She still needed time to wrap her head around things.

 

“We didn’t really lie, Unni.” Jungyeon answered weakly. “We just didn’t mention it on purpose. But I admit that we hoped we could keep it a secret for a little while longer. We did plan to tell you after our 100 days…”

 

“I don’t know Jungyeon-ah. Not telling me about it with the purpose of hiding it might not be lying by definition but it surely feels very close to it…” Seungyeon retorted as she absentmindedly her tummy.

 

Jonghyun was yet to say a word. He still didn’t look very happy though.

 

Yonghwa slightly padded his shoulder as if it could calm him down but the success level was rather low.

 

 “How can you be so calm and about this, Yeobo?” The guitarist eventually mouthed out, staring at Seungyeon in disbelief. He expected her to get emotional or even yell at them but she just sat down all collected like a mother talking to her not-in-the-right-mind-teenage-daughter. Hence he didn’t know if he should be impressed or even more furious about the whole damn situation. Jungshin and Jungyeon’s stupid secret life almost cost them their baby earlier. There was no way he could just forgive them like that only minutes later. He was still too upset for that.

 

“And you” He said snapped at Jungshin. “What the hell were you thinking, taking my sister in law not only to a hotel, but also to one of the most popular ones in Seoul? Mi-chyeo-sseo?! I cannot believe this!” He exclaimed, obviously lost for words.

 

Jungshin, although the tallest of the guys, appeared to be shrinking with each second Jonghyun glared at him.

 

“We didn’t…” He wanted to mention that nothing inappropriate happened but realized it wouldn’t really help the discussion right now. “Hyung, I love Jungyeon. I would never do anything to hurt her.” He said instead, making Jonghyun flinch at his choice of words.

 

Jungyeon, however, finally managed to look at her boyfriend with big eyes. She obviously didn’t expect him to be this blunt in front of their family.

 

“If you already know that you love her, why didn’t you tell us about it earlier?” Seungyeon asked. “Because if you would have come to us with this earlier we wouldn’t even have ended up in this mess.”

 

“Because I hadn’t even told Jungyeon-ah yet. We were to celebrate our 100 days when Hyung caught us. I had a surprise event planned. I understand that you guys are upset. But it’s not like I am the first in this group to meet my girlfriend in a hotel. We are all adults and it’s not like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter