Pinky Promise

Creating Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pinky Promise

 

 

“I guess life is like a novel.

Some of it is written by fate, some of it is written by God... but the part we are ultimately judged by is the part we write ourselves.”
 

Lynn Johnson

 

 

Seungyeon awoke to the sunrays that broke through the opened curtains and bathed the whole bedroom in golden light. The place beside her was already abandoned, leading her to question for a moment if her husband really came back last night or if it all had just been a sweet dream.

 

 

Suddenly wide awake Seungyeon scanned her surroundings. When she took a look at the bedside table a smile appeared on her face. Next to her stood a beautiful bouquet of lilies. It reminded her of the night two and a half months ago when Jonghyun had surprised her for their five years anniversary and the little miracle inside her belly was conceived.

 

 

Next to the flowers was a glass of fresh apple juice with a note leaned onto it.

 

Yeobo,

I’m sorry for being late and that you were suffering by yourself. I promise to protect the both of you from now on with all that I’ve got. Thank you for making me the happiest man alive. I cannot wait for the day when we will hold our first child in our arms. This is the greatest gift you ever gave me and I’ll make sure to treasure it forever.

Saranghae!

 

 

Seungyeon felt her eyes redden. She didn’t marry Jonghyun because he was always perfect. In fact she married him because he was the only man who had ever been able to really move her heart. They didn’t live in a fairy tale world although for outsiders it often appeared that way. Actually they were facing hardships just like any other couple. However, they always put their best effort into creating their very own happily ever after – slowly but steadily day by day and that was what set them apart from others. As long as they were together, Seungyeon believed that they could overcome anything.

 

 

For the first time in weeks Seungyeon felt relaxed when she got out of bed even though the subliminal nausea hadn’t vanished completely and she didn’t totally get rid of the slight dizziness that seemed to follow her like new shadow yet.

 

 

Still, the good night sleep she took after talking to her husband for almost two hours last night definitely helped to refill her battery. There was nothing better in the world than falling asleep in Jonghyun’s strong arms while listening to the steady sound of his heartbeat. She always felt secured while being right next to him and she could also sense her strength slowly coming back to her after a weeks’ long absence.

 

 

As Seungyeon took a big sip of the apple juice her bare feet finally found her slippers. She slowly pulled herself into a standing position just to be surprised once more. Two additional bouquets of lilies had been placed in classy white vases between their bed and the door and she could already see another one just behind the doorstep.

 

 

Seungyeon curiously followed the path of lilies towards the quiet music that was playing from the American kitchen. Shen counted five more bouquets until she saw one last one on the beautifully set dining table, leaving her in complete awe. This was definitely the best breakfast surprise she had ever gotten from her husband over the years.

 

 

Jonghyun was wearing one of the many white shirts he had started collected since he first courted his wife five years ago. He was far too well aware of the influence he had on her while wearing them so it had almost become his uniform to over the time. Would she ever get used to the y sight of him? She seriously doubted it.

 

 

Seungyeon quietly made her way behind her husband who was concentrating on making pancakes, a dish she had grown fond off while they explored western countries on their vacations. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist as she leaned her forehead against his well-trained back. Jonghyun automatically placed his hands on top of hers as soon as he sensed her presence, carefully her skin as she inhaled his soothing scent for the longest moment.

 

 

“Finally” She whispered softy. “You’re home.”

 

 

*****

 

 

“Oppa, thank you for preparing pancakes and even bringing back original maple syrup from Canada.” Seungyeon said while looking at their breakfast. Jonghyun had also placed a fruit variation, a carafe with apple juice and tea on the table and different pancake toppings, of course. He must have gotten up really early this morning even though he just came back from his world tour and usually liked to sleep in like a typical rockstar.

 

 

A pang of guilt rushed over her face, immediately catching Jonghyun’s attention.

 

 

“Wae?” He asked, observing his wife closely.

 

 

“It’s just… you put so much effort into preparing all this food, even getting up so early and I don’t even know if I’ll be able to hold it in… To be honest I didn’t have a proper breakfast in a while now. I usually just drink tea in the morning and wait for my infusion around midday because my stomach won’t take anything else.” She explained hesitantly.

 

 

“It’s alright if you can’t take it yet, Jagi. However, you shouldn’t give up on trying. Just do it step by step. Take a little and see if it works out. I’m sure you’ll soon be able to go back to your normal routine. I did a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter