Breakfast

The fight for true love and friendship

*groans* "Is it really morning already?"

"Yes, so get out of bed lazy pig." 

"But I'm not a pig!!! If I get up now I won't be a pig!!!"

"Exactly."

Oh. Right. I just did not help myself. 

"Get up get up get up!!!"

"OKAY. I'M UP. WHAT NOW?" 

"Let's go out!!!" 

I ignored him and went down to where Hyunseung and the rest have gathered. 

"YA! DOOJOON! What were you doing to my sister so early in the morning?" Hyunseung asked.

"Uh. Oh you know." A smirk on his face. 

"YA! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?" Hyunseung started to run after Doojoon who had ran off becuase of his stupid remark. 

Sigh. Creating a ruckus early in the morning. What were they thinking. 

I had planned to spend the Sunday morning by myself, maybe doing some work, reading a book, curling up on a couch and watch some drama. But with these guys around, that's not going to be possible. I sighed.

"Why the sigh?" Dongwoon asked. 

"Huh?" 

"You sighed." 

"Oh. Thinking of what I want to do today." 

"WHAT SHOULD WE DO TODAY?" Doojoon asked, rather excitedly, despite being chased by Hyunseung for quite a while. 

"Let's go to the café nearby!" Gikwang suggested.

And we did. There was a café just opposite my house which served really fantastic coffees, pastries, and basically everything on their menu. I frequent the café quite often, especially when I'm preparing for my examinations. 

We sat down at a corner with comfy chairs and all, took the menu handed to us and decided on what to order. 

I didn't need much consideration as I only order the same old stuff most of the time so I didn't need to look at the menu. 

"What's good here?" Junhyung asked.

"Uh. Everything." I said, flustered. 

"Really?" Dongwoon said, somewhat happily, "I'll have the dean's breakfast then! And coffee!" 

"That's what I'm having too." I said. 

"I'll get that too then." Doojoon said. 

"Me too!" 

"Me three!" 

"Let's just all get that." Hyunseung said. 

So everyone ended up getting what Dongwoon wanted, which was also what I wanted, and also what everyone else wanted. What variety. 

Breakfast is usually a quiet affair for me, but today, I seem to have some noisy company. 

The boys bickered, gossipped, and discussed until I thought I was hearing too much at once. 

"Nicole," Doojoon said, waving his hands in front of me, "Are you okay?" 

"Huh? What? Did I miss something?"

"No... You were spacing out."

"Oh... Don't I do that a lot." It was getting awkward. Help. I looked at Hyunseung to give him some signal. I hope he got it. 

"Uh guys! Are we done? Should we get back?" Hyunseung asked. 

THANK GOODNESS. I thought I was going to get swallowed by awkwardness, if that was even possible. 

So we headed back and they bickered over what I don't know I was busy being self-absorbed in my own thoughts. 

The boys decided to play some FIFA before heading back home.

I retreated back to my room and plugged my iPod into my speakers and selected a playlist to let the music play.

Just as I sat down on my bed, my phone started ringing. It was Shin Hye. 

"Ya! Nicole! Are you free the rest of the day?" 

"Uhhhh."

"Ya okay! Meet me at the mall in 30 minutes!" And then she hung up. 

What the... I didn't even say anything. But then I thought, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day and hyunseung and oppas are playing so I might as well go out with my friend too. 

I got changed, grabbed some stuff and headed downstairs. 

"Dongsaeng ah! Where are you going?" Hyunseung asked.

"To the mall!"

"With who?" 

"Shin Hye!"

"Ah okay! Have fun! Are you coming back for dinner?" 

"Uh. Probably not?" 

"Okay! I'll tell mum!" 

As I stepped out of the house, I accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Sorry!"

"It's okay." The person held onto me as I nearly fell backwards. 

. It was Junhyung. What do I do?

"Ah... uh," PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER AND CONSTRUCT SENTENCES, "I...I thought you were inside?" 

Junhyung stifled a laughter, "I'm heading out for a while." 

"Oh, woah, what a coincidence, I'm heading out too." 

"Oh? Where are you going?"

"To the mall."

"Do you want a lift?"

"Huh? Oh no, it's alright, I can find my way there myself, thank you." As I was walkng away, I was suddenly dragged away and was in a car. I was too startled to react that I just sat there. 

"Can you relax?" 

"Why am I here?" 

"I'm giving you a lift." 

"I don't remember saying I needed one." 

"Come on Nicole, I'm sure you want one, especially since it's me." 

Oh my gosh. Can guys get any cockier than that? 

"I knew it." He said, after I failed to give him a response. To hell with what he thought. 

"Are you mad?" 

"No."

"Then why are you not talking to me?" 

"I have nothing to talk about." 

"Oh is it? Shall I give you something to talk about then?" oh no. Knowing where this was going.

"Why are you leaving the house? Where are YOU going?" I questioned him.

"OH now you talk," he said, rather sarcastically, "I'm going out to get some stuff."

I honestly had no idea why I was mad with Junhyung. Actually wait, I'm not mad. Wait, am I? I'm not even sure. 

"Nicole?"

"Huh what?"

"You spaced out again. What have you been thinking about recently? You spaced out during breakfast too." 

"Oh, nothing much, just school work."

"But you barely have any work."

Crap. That excuse didn't work. 

"Uh, trying to earn extra credits." 

"You just started school. Don't tell me you're an over-achiever?" 

"Hell no I'm not." 

"Then? Care to share?"

"It's really nothing much. I don't even know..." Junhyung suddenly grabbed my hand, "I don't know why you're treating me like this when I know you like me, but whatever the reason, I will make you show you like me." And then he let go. 

What. Just. Happened. 

Thank goodness we reached the mall just in time, I hopped off the car without saying anything and ran to meet a waiting Shin Hye. 


a/n:

ha ah ha ah... Hi guys... Please don't murder me. I really know this has been a looooooooong wait and I don't know if there is still anyone reading this. But I'm going to update it anyway. I know I've been saying I will update and everything but never actually got around doing it. So here's one, and I'm already working on the next chapter. I feel that this chapter is like a filler chapter, so please bear with me as we get on to more interesting bits. PLEASE CONTINUE SUPPORTING ME. I WILL LOVE YOU A LOT.