I'm not sure...

The fight for true love and friendship

The lecture theatre was cold, because it was raining outside, it was even colder. Luckily Yoseob lent me his jacket to keep me warm. The lesson was on cells. Urgh. How boring. But at least it wasn't on reproductive system. I find it kinda awkward.

"How do you find the lesson?" A gust of warm air rushed into my ear. I turned to face Junhyung.  

"Don't talk to me like that." I whispered back at him. The distance between our faces. Haha. Close enough that I could clearly see his face. Every flaw which made him perfect. 

"I'm bored from the lesson." I slumped back into my chair.

"Don't look at me like that! You're creeping me out!" Junhyung was staring at me. When I looked into his face, I felt a surge of warmth run through me. 

"Just concentrate on the lesson will you?" Argh. I was embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks turning red. I was blushing. Fortunately, the lecture theatre was dark enough to conceal it. 

"Class dismissed." Ah finally. I thought I was gonna fall asleep. 

"I'll see you later Nicole. I think." Junhyung said and waved. I waved back, heading to my next lesson.

Aish. I was nearly bored to death from Bio lecture. But the next lesson wasn't so bad. Mathematics. At least I was good at it. Oh well. 

------- hours later "Yes! Finally done with school for today!" I exclaimed. 

Wednesday and thursday passed just fine. The abnormal Junhyung keeps staring at me, inches away from my face. Nearly kissing me. 

"Ah. Friday." The day they come over to stay. The day I get to spend more time with Junhyung. For me to admire his face, his everything. 

By the time Hyunseung and I reached school, the rest of them were already waiting for us. But... Not ALL of them. 

Someone was missing. 

Junhyung. 

Aish. He. Promised. Me. He promised he'll come today. 

"Haha. Nicole ah. Junhyung will still be coming tonight. I promise." Hyunseung must have seen the disappointment in my eyes. 

I looked at Yoseob. He was looking at me. Eyes with emotions I can't comprehend at all. He turned away. 

What's wrong with me? I think of Junhyung and look at Yoseob? I only kinda like Junhyung! Urgh. I pushed back all my thoughts and headed for my classroom.  

Ah. Something that would help distract my thoughts for a while. Literature lecture. I was on full concentration mode when I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

It was Hyunseung. "Yes?" Not looking up from writing my reflections in my journal on the short clip we just watched. 

"I need to ask you something." I stopped writing, looked up to face Hyunseung, sensing his seriousness. 

"You like Junhyung. Am I right to say that?" 

Oh no. Is it very obvious? Ah . Should I tell him the truth? 

I nodded slowly. 

"Okay. Just to let you know, yea, he has charm, sure. But well he's not faithful. But well, if you don't want to listen to oppa that's fine. You'll just have to suffer a heartbreak sooner or later." Hyunseung got up and walked out.

 The lecture just ended. I was left sitting there - speechless. 

Would Junhyung really cheat my feelings? I can't be sure if I really really like him either. But does Junhyung even like me? Hahahahah. My mind started running widly. I forced myself to stop. 

"Hey Nicole! Next lesson?" I looked up. It was Dongwoon. The cute maknae. 

"Oh. Mines chemistry, lab period!" Dongwoon is just so pure, so innocent.

"Mine too. But my lab would be the one next to yours. Let's walk." He gestured with his shoulders. It's cool to be friends with the basketball team but sometimes, I just prefer to be an ordinary girl. I don't really like the attention I'm getting. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to learn how to cope with it. 

My lab partner is a girl called Park Shin Hye. She's really pretty. We were brought through the procedure of the practical and then we were left to carry out the experiment ourselves. After we were done, we are allowed to leave, results of our experiment to be submitted to him tomorrow in a proper report format. 

So after Shin Hye and I finished our experiment, we went out to the school garden, full of green trees, colourful flowers. 

"So Nicole, what CCA are you in?" Park Shin Hye broke the silence. 

"Track and Field. How about you?"  

"Cheerleading. Thought I'm not those really popular type. I don't really bother." 

"So why did you choose Cheerleading then?" 

"Long story. Probably tell you another day," she smiled, "Have you met GaYoon and her friends?"  

"Oh yea. Sure I have. They came over for dinner the other day." 

Shin Hye have me the 'shocked' look. 

"I invited them actually. You know Hyunseung? I'm actually his dongsaeng. Yea. Complicated huh." Shin Hye nodded and we both laughed. 

"I've got to get to know you better," she paused, "Not because your related to Hyunseung. I just feel like I have a connection with you."  

"Me too." I smiled at her. Happy that I perhaps have someone worthy of being my close friend. We headed for our respective classes after saving each others' handphone numbers. 

Haish. Two more lectures to lunch! Have I ever mentioned I'm a half glutton? Yea. Now you know. 

The two lectures passed fairly fast. May be because I was listening. Okay next time I shall listen, maybe time will pass faster. On my way out of the lecture theatre, I accidentally bumped into someone while I was looking through my notes again. He had this smile on his face. Broad shoulders. Nice skin tone. Dujun. 

"Heehee. Sorry Dujun!" I laughed while greeting him. 

"Haha! Nicole, its okay!" He patted my head. 

"Lunch?" "Yea! I'm famished!" 

"Follow me then." 

After walking for a while, I realised we won't heading for the cafeteria. 

"Oppa! Where are we going?" He didn't tell me. I kept asking but he didn't answer. He didn't even bother to look back at me. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to follow him.  

"Here! K bye!"  

"Hey ----- wait!" 

Aish. He left. 

Where's my food? I looked around. 

Guess who I saw. 

"Oppa?"  

"Oh hi Nicole," he smiled. Argh. That precious smile of his. 

"Sit here," as he patted the space next to him on the wooden bench he was sitting on.  
"Yes Yoseob?" 
"Eat first." He passed me a chicken rice takeaway packet.

"Okay Yoseob, I'm done. What's up on your mind?" 

"Well since you've asked, then I shall just go straight to the point." I raised my eyebrow a little. 

"Well er... I'm really shy to talk about this..." 

"Oppa. Just speak your mind." I smiled, hoping to make him feel better. 

"Okay. Well erm... Actually... I like you? Urgh. I'm not good at this. Okay. I said it out already at least." Yoseob said, scratching his neck looking down nervously. "I was wondering if you feel the same?" He was looking away. He didn't look at me. 

"Ohh, Yoseob oppa. Yes. I admit you're cute, just that well I'm not sure about my feelings now. I really am not sure." 

"Oh. Its okay. I can wait." He tried to smile a little. But his disappointment was evident on his face. "I'll see you later." He got up and walked away. 

Oh . How could I say such things to Yoseob oppa. Hyunseung did remind me over and over again to be careful of what I say to him. 

Argh. But is it true I'm not sure about my feelings? Or was that just an excuse because I actually like Junhyung? How am I gonna make up to him? 

The bell rang which signalled classes started again. Lessons passed fairly quick and before I knew it, I was heading home with Hyunseung. It all starts here. I thought. All the complicated situations, feelings and emotions and words we say. The true start for me to find out if the guy I choose is right for me and the friends I mix with are true friends. 

I heaved a sigh and stepped into my house.