Chapter 5

The Masked Beauty

Chapter 5

            My dream to put it safely was incredibly odd… I can’t remember if I was inside or outside, if it was day or night, what season it was, what I was wearing or what I was doing, and if there were people around me or not. However, what I can remember vividly and with precise detail are those pair of eyes piercing mine and our interaction. For some reason I never see his face or anything else, just his eyes. This is the second time that I have dreamed of him.

         In my dream, I remember that I was trying to walk away from him for some reason that is unknown to me. However, I felt long masculine fingers enclose around my thin wrist stopping me from going anywhere. Before I could yank my arm in strong protest, my face met a hard and muscular chest. Not even a second later my nose detected the sweet fragrance of cologne emanating from the mystery guy’s white neck. It wasn’t a sickly sweet smell but it was potent enough that it rendered my senses numb momentarily.  A song slowly was playing in the background and just like everything else in the dream, I had no idea what the song was. Taking advantage of my confusion, the mystery guy enveloped my tiny hand in his bigger hand. Then, he s his other arm around my waist finally having trapped my body with his so that our two bodies were no longer separate entities. I recall making an “o” shape with my mouth from the sheer shock of his actions but that didn’t seem to have faced the mysterious guy as he started to gently move us side to side and back to back following the rhythm of the song. I tried multiple times to break free from the human cage that I was in but lady luck was never once on my side. I was always pulled back onto his hard chest. My body was twirled in circles, pressed against his, and at the end dipped with his eyes gazing intently into mine. One of his hands was on the small of my back, the other was protecting the weight of my neck, and my left leg was wrapped around his hip. No words were spoken. All that was heard was the sound of our bodies taking in and releasing oxygen. As we were staring at each other his face was slowly edging closer and closer to mine stopping me from properly breathing. My eyes instinctively responded by closing. Whether they closed from fright or from unconsciously following his lead, I don’t know the answer. What felt like no more than a millisecond later, soft warm lips were lightly tracing mine with pure tenderness and love. Before anything else happened I woke up and my heartbeat was like that of a cheetah running in the savannah. It was fast and erratic!

           While trying to stabilize my ragged breathing I looked at the clock and it was only 3:27 in the morning. Noticing that I still have a while until I have to get up for class I get under my covers and attempt to sleep.

            Well that plan failed miserably! Kicking my blanket in irritation from not being able to fall back asleep I walk over to my window sill pushing away the soft lace curtains. My eyes witness a beautiful sight. The sky is painted with bright crystals and the moon is in the shape of a crescent. I look at my arm and smile at the coincidence. The moon mirrors my scar. Knowing that sleep will not visit me again from the shock of the dream, I decide to change into sweats and go for a very long run to clear my muddled mess of a brain.

            As strange as it sounds, I was inexplicably sad for some reason in the dream but I was also immensely happy by just being in his embrace. It was a feeling of nostalgia accompanied with lust and desire. Having touched his delicate skin my body craved more. Oh my gosh! Why am I feeling like this? Have I met this mysterious guy before that my body reacted in this manner? Who is this guy?