Chapter 4

The Masked Beauty

Monday morning came fast, which brought on classes. I was supposed to go jogging with Jihye, but she woke up sick this morning and Lindsey didn't feel up to it. Instead, I decided to hit the dance studio before class to get some practice in for the next performance. My next performance wasn't going to be so intense as the last one, but change can be good and keep things interesting. I squinted at the sun as I made my way across campus towards the dance hall. The sunrise was beautiful this morning, but bright. I still find myself hissing at the sunlight at times even though I'm not a vampire. 

As I approached the studio, the dream I had last night wondered into my thoughts. A weird feeling came over me as I began to analyze the dream. I know the average person loses ninety percent of the dream within ten minutes after they wake up, but it has been at least an hour and a half since I've woken up and it was still vivid. Despite not remembering his face, his eyes haunted me. They were beautiful, but the stare they gave terrified me. "I wonder why he was staring at me like that? I don't think I've met him before. Have I?" I questioned myself as I entered the studio. 

The dream haunted me all day as I went through my classes. Luckily, I only had two classes today and they were lectures so my dreamy mindset didn't affect anything. "I wonder if I should talk to Lindsey about this dream," I said out loud unknowningly. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Talk to me about what?" Lindsey asked now walking beside me. She always had a way of showing up in just the right moments. I shook my head to bring myself back to reality. The sun was still bright, but not as bad as this morning. I squinted as I looked at her.

"Oh! I just had this really weird dream last night. When we went running yesterday, did you notice a guy staring in our direction?" I said stopping to look at Lindsey for her reaction. She stopped on command and furrowed her brow to signal her brain to work. 

"Not really. Why? You don't think there's a stalker here on campus, do you? Oh it better not be that tall guy with glasses! You know how I feel about him! I already find him a creep." Lindsey said sternly trying not to bring attention to ourselves. I grab her hand and bring her to an area more secluded. One, so we could have more privacy to talk and second, because it was nice to sit down in an area that was calming. 

"I don't think he lives on campus so it definitely is not that tall guy with glasses. I also don't understand why you find him a creep, but that's besides the point! Anyway, I had a dream about the guy who was looking in our direction last night. I didn't see his face very well yesterday or in the dream, but his eyes stood out. They were beautiful, but the way they looked at me terrified me. I don't know if he was looking at all of us or just at me, but I don't have a good feeling. I kind of hope my feeling is wrong though, you know?" I sigh. "The only thing I remember from the dream now is his eyes."

Lindsey nodded and put on her thinking face again. She soon looked at me and smiled. "It's a good thing you are a psychology major because it is definitely showing today. But in all seriousness, I want you to keep a look out and be extra cautious when you are out. I think tomorrow we will continue our runs if Jihye feels better. So maybe we can see who this guy is. I'm curious especially if you say his eyes are beautiful because he could be a cute guy checking you out, chingu!" She nudged my arm while giving me wink. I giggled at her attempt to help me feel better about the situation. One of the reasons why I love having Lindsey as my best friend, she always knows how to turn a bad situation into a good one, but I also know she will keep her eye out and make sure I stay safe. I just hope she is right. 

I get up and pull Lindsey into a hug. "Gomawo chingu!" I yell cutely. She laughs as we get out of the hug and pulls me towards the dorms. The rest of the day went well as I hanged with friends and did homework, but those sparkling dark brown eyes followed me into my dreams that night.