Chapter 1

The Masked Beauty

Chapter 1

       The roaring sound of clapping and shouting filled the small and barley lit cramped space. The air was scorching hot as a sea of sweaty bodies were pressed against each other moving as one along with the song that was exploding through the speakers.

“Alright! Alright! How did you like that performance?” The MC shouted out to the overly excited crowd.

“Woah!”

“Awesome!”

“Alright! The performance that you have been waiting for all night!! Please welcome the Masked Beaut-”

“Yes!!”

“Woah!”

“Just kidding! The Masked Beauty couldn’t make it tonight. So, goodnight and we’ll see each other next weekend” the MC told the now disappointed crowd.

“Mwoh?!?”

“Booo!!”

“What the hell!!”

            Cries of utter protest and anger filled the small space.

“What! You actually believed that? Ya too gullible man! The Masked Beauty is here, so show her some love!” the MC announced.

            Finally after waiting all night it was my turn to be on the stage and do what I was born to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er3tqv5QbGg (The song you are dancing to)

            My once accelerating heart was now at peace and in harmonization with the music. Every single fiber and pore of my very being was in perfect synchronization with the beat. I had zero control of my body as it had a mind of its own and does what it wants flawlessly. Hardly ever do I have to think about my dance moves, they just come out. My breathing is nothing more than moving my diaphragm up and down because my body doesn’t implore for the oxygen that is required. My body and soul are in pure euphoria heaven that they don’t need anything nor do they pay attention to what’s around them.

            Holding my end pose now that my performance is over, I bow, and exist the stage amid the boisterous crowd shouting and chanting my stage name. No, I’m not a famous idol. I’m just a regular college student that just so happens to do what she likes, dance.

            The fresh and chilly autumn air shocks my face and body momentarily but soon relishes in its cooling effect from my sweaty body that my pores have produced as soon as I step foot outside.  With my red wig, mask, and stage outfit in my bag, I walk the night streets of Seoul as _________ and not the Masked Beauty. The real me is like any other average girl that people pass by on the streets, nothing special. However, I take comfort in that. No drama to mess up my ordinary life. With my headphones blasting one of my favorite EXO songs, What is Love, I head back to my university dorm while slowly swaying my head side to side along to the music. 

Mystery Guy’s Point of View

            What!!  The Masked Beauty is not performing tonight?!? How is that possible she always performs on Saturdays? I even lied to my manager just to come here and watch her perform. She’s like nothing I’ve seen before. The way her beautiful goddess figure moves so effortlessly but filled with intense passion makes my knees weak and my heart shake. She puts my poor dancing to shame in a fraction of a second!

“What! You actually believed that? Ya too gullible man! The Masked Beauty is here, so show her some love!” the MC announced.

            Wait she’s here!!

            That performance like any other of hers left me without words or breath. I see her exit the stage so I try to make my way through the crowd in order to get to her. However, my efforts proved fruitless as security stopped me from going any further. Damn! Only! If only I can talk to her for a minute and tell her how much she really means to me. I’ve tried looking everywhere for her but no luck since she’s always in disguise. Even on her online videos she wears the disguise. No one knows who the Masked Beauty is in real life or what she looks like. The only thing that I know about her is that she has a little crescent moon marking on her left arm. Besides that, I also know that she has got to be the most gorgeous goddess that has walked this earth. She must have a beautiful and pure personality to match how graceful she dances. I have often thought about what it would be like to have her by myside. We would be snuggling together on her couch with a warm blanket covering the both of us while she lays her head on my chest as I have one of my arms wrapped around her and the other lightly messaging and playing with her hair. I will be whispering sweet sayings into her ear that will make her blush cutely or tell her dumb jokes that will make her giggle at my stupidity. Sigh A guy can only dream… But I refuse to give up! One day Masked Beauty. One day I will be able to hold and lovingly caress your soft and delicate hands while kissing every millimeter of them. Just wait for me while I look for you. Please. Just please have mercy on this poor guy that loves you, I beg of you.

Author's Note

Hello beautiful readers!! I hope that you all enjoyed the first chapter of this coauthored story! I have a question for all of you. Who do you think this mystery guy is? Is he her best guyfriend, an idol, or could it be a crazed stalker? What are your thoughts? Have an excellent day and look forward to more chapters! Thank you :)