Chapter 2

The Masked Beauty

My roommate and friend, Lindsey, looks at me and the time when I walk in. Her look gives it away that she is curious to why I was out so late. I sigh and place my bag in the closet so she doesn't sneak a peak into it. She knows about the Masked Beauty and the last thing I need is her discovering the truth behind my continuous late nights. I know she would be supportive and keep it a secret, but I like keeping it a secret. I love having two lives. I get to have a normal life while allowing doing what I love to do best, dancing. 

"Why were you out so late? I started to worry that maybe something happened to you especially when you didn't answer your phone!" Lindsey says giving me a stare. I sit on my bed looking her in the eye. "I'm serious, ___. I was worried sick!"

"Lindsey, you need to stop worrying so much. I was just at the library getting some work done and a classmate stopped me on my way back to ask me a question about some homework. You know that tall one with the glasses?" I say hoping that I convince her enough to cease her worry. Lindsey sighs and nods while allowing a small smile to creep upon her face. 

"Okay, but at least let me know if you are going to be out late. You're lucky I have a project due tomorrow that has kept me up this late. Are you up to going for that morning jog with Jihye?" She asks raising her eyebrow. It was one in the morning already, but Jihye has been wanting us to go. I sigh, but gave Lindsey a nod. 

"If that's the case then I'm going to bed", I smile as I head to the bathroom to do my nightly routine. 

"Sounds good! See you in the morning!" Lindsey says as she shuts her laptop and climbs into bed. Night soon fell upon the Masked Beauty's dorm.

 

Morning came quickly and I found myself greeting the dawn with Jihye and Lindsey panting. I may dance for much of my time, but jogging still takes my breath away. "Come on girls! We can make it and soon we will be able to have breakfast!" Jihye coached as we reached the park. The sun creeped over the city painting everything in a beautiful orange and red coating. I felt the sun's rays paint over my skin and for a moment I forgot I was running. Despite lacking sleep, I'm in a great mood. 

"Hey! Let's stop and take a rest," I pant as I drop into the grass. Lindsey falls next to me leaving Jihye shaking her head at us.

"Why? We are so close to finishing!" Jihye complains giving a slight stomp in grass while putting her hands on her hips. 

"It's dawn and nature looks beautiful. I thought we should slow down and enjoy it because nothing lasts foreve." I smile at Jihye hoping she joins us on the grass. 

She looks at me and sighs. "Okay, but only for a few minutes!" We all laugh and watched the sunrise. 

 

Mysterious Guy POV

I don't normally see those girls out during my run, I thought as I run past the trees in the park. I stop and hide behind a bush as my eyes catch a glimpse of one of the girl's arm. The crescent mark is shining under the sun's rays. Could that be her? Could that really be the Masked Beauty?

My mind starts to wonder as I continue to stare. Soon enough, the girls were up and jogging again, but in my direction. I quickly put my earphones back in and continue my run. I have a busy schedule today and don't need everyone on my back for being late. You will be mine, Masked Beauty. You will be mine.

The girls go past me and the one I was staring at looks back shyly with a concern look on her face. I look away quickly and change my path so the girls don't call the police on me. Why must I love her? I seem like a creep to her now. I know she might not be the Masked Beauty, but if she is then it will be more difficult to win her heart. Just one day if I can be with you.