Chapter 3

The Masked Beauty

Chapter 3

    Since today is a Sunday and I had my performance yesterday that means it’s homework day yay! Note the sarcasm. I know that I shouldn’t be complaining since it’s my fault I waited until today to do it but you can’t really blame me because I was preparing for my performance. Stupid professors and their need to give more reading than humanly possible to finish in a few days -_- Oh well! What is a college girl supposed to do anyways? Like my high school teacher once said “ it up buttercup!”

“Oh my gosh!”

“It’s BTS!”

“V is cute!”

“Are you crazy? Suga is so much hotter!! He has so much swag when he raps”

“Oh please! V can sing and is a huge dork!”

“Suga can be a dork when he wants to be!”

“Yea-“

“Ahhh oppa!”

            Groan… Geez you would think that the library would be a quiet no talking zone! I stop my work to look at what all of the hullabaloo is about. I turn my head and see the crazy girls looking at the tv which is alive with a music show. Nan jom jjeoreo! Yup, sure enough it’s BTS with their latest song dope. Hmm… That’s what all of this fuss is about? Not interested. Sure, they’re all really talented but I’m not in love with them like those loony birds over there. I mean in all seriousness what are the chances that any regular girl will ever actually meet a K-pop idol that does not include a fan signing or concert, let alone befriend them? I don’t mean to be pessimistic but that’s just the reality of life. Besides, unlike the loony birds I want nothing to do with idols or their lives. It’s nothing but unnecessary drama. I desire to live a quiet and peaceful life. Well, enough wishful thinking I must get back to my homework, so much to d-

“Woah! Look at J-Hope dance!”

            Well that is if I can get some peace and quiet first!

>Back at the dorm room<

“Hey! You’re finally back!” Lindsey greets me.

“Yeah. Sorry I had a lot of work to do” I grunt dropping my things on the ground.

“It’s ok, no worries! Come over here I want to show you something!” Lindsey waves her right hand motioning for me to come over to her side of the room.

“What do you want to show me?” I softly question.

“It’s BTS performing dope from earlier today! It’s unbelievable! I’m so in love with their dancing!” Lindsey squeals fangirling.

Sigh “I think I’ll pass” I say getting up and start grabbing my shower things.

“Aw! Why? You don’t like BTS?” Lindsey says hurt.

“It’s not that. It’s just that I’ve been hearing BTS this BTS that all day at the library today. It was really hard to concentrate on my work.”

“Ah, sorry to hear that chingu. Those rude people seriously have no jams!”

“Huh??”

“Oh! Don’t worry about it! You don’t follow BTS so you wouldn’t understand” Lindsey says with an innocent smile.

“Okaaaaay. Well I’m going to go shower” I say with my shower things in my arms and walk down to the bathroom. “Jams? What did she mean with that? Did those loony birds tell Lindsey they ran out of flavored jam or something? Hmm… Oh well, don’t know” I shrug and let the hot water sooth my fatigued body and the soothing scent of Moonlight Fantasy soap envelop my nose.

            That night, the mysterious guy from the park payed me a visit in my dreams. Regrettably, I couldn’t remember his face very well except the gaze his eyes gave me.