1 lies turn into 2

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

It had now been 4 weeks into Chae ri’s stay at the hospital. She was getting better now. Her hip was starting to heal and her ribs were better. The others had come back to see Chae ri now. Yibo apologized to Chae ri. Everything was normal again. Sungjoo kept Chae ri and his relationship a secret to the guys. Chae ri asked him to keep it quiet for now. Sungjoo wished Chae ri didn’t want this but he respected it.

Sungjoo and the guys came to visit Chae ri again. They brought food with them.

“CHAE! We brought food with us!” Sungjoo cheered but stopped at the door abruptly. The others ran into Sungjoo.

“Dude! Why did you stop?” Wenhan huffed and followed Sungjoo’s gaze and saw BTS standing there next to Chae ri’s bed.

“What are you doing in here!?” Sungjoo spat.

“We came to visit little Chae ri here.” Rap Monster smirks and pats Chae ri.

Sungjoo steps forward. “Do not touch her!” Sungjoo hisses.

“Calm down bud… no need to get all angry… unless you and Chae ri here have something special going on?” Jhope smirks.

Sungjoo stops and his eyes divert to Chae ri who shakes her head.

“Ani… she is my best friend. And I won’t let you lay another hand on her.” Sungjoo moves forward.

Rap Monster laughs. “We were just leaving anyway.” Jungkook snickers and all bts head to the door but are stopped by Sungjoo.

“Do not think about coming here again.” Sungjoo growled and moved aside so BTS were able to leave. UNIQ moved also and glared at the 7 leaving.

Sungjoo quickly raced over to Chae ri’s side. “Did they hurt you? Did they say anything to you?”

Chae ri shakes her head and smiles fakely. “No I am fine, they just asked how I was.” Chae ri lies. Only she knew the truth. What happened before ran through her head, Rap Monster’s words repeated.

“What we did to you will only come worse… so I suggest you part from your beloved Sungjoo and those guys before we do more then hit you with a car.” 

“Chae ri? Hello?” Sungjoo waves a hand in front of Chae ri’s face.

Chae ri snaps out of her daze and all eyes are on her. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Yixuan asks.

“I am truly fine. Nothing I couldn’t handle.” Chae ri smile softly. She hated lying but hopefully she does not have to face BTS again.

Sungjoo sighs in relief and kisses Chae ri’s forehead. “I am glad you are okay.” Sungjoo smiles.

“Are you guys dating?” Seungyoun speaks up. Sungjoo turns around and realises he had kissed Chae ri in front of the guys.

“Um…” Sungjoo starts.

“Yeah… we have been for the past 4 weeks.” Chae ri confesses.

“YOU DID NOT TELL US FOR 4 WEEKS?!” The guys say in unison.

Chae ri and Sungjoo both nod slowly.

“I am sorry I did not tell you guys.” Sungjoo apologises.

“I wanted to keep it a secret..” Chae ri confesses.

“FINALLY! I was waiting for you two too date.” Yibo cheers.

“YES! WHY KEEP THIS!” the others cheer in unison and hugs Sungjoo and high five him.

“You did it bro! Finally.” Wenhan congratulates Sungjoo.

“Thanks guys!” Sungjoo high fives them back.

Yibo walks to Chae ri and ruffles her hair. “You are na odd one Chae. Congrats!” Yibo laughed and hugged Chae ri. The others then hugged her also.

“We need to celebrate with all this food!” Yixuan announces and everyone grabs the food.

Everyone sets out the food and all dig in quickly.

“Sungjoo sits next to Chae ri and holds her hand. “Say ahhhh.” Sungjoo says while holding some fruit up to Chae’s mouth. Chae ri laughs and opens letting Sungjoo place the food inside.

Chae ri smiles and chews on the watermelon in . Wenhan, Yixuan, Yibo and Seungyoun all watch the two love birds.

“You two make me want to cringe.” Wenhan shivers.

Everyone but Chae ri and Sungjoo laugh.

“Just because I have found love.” Sungjoo teases. Wenhan stops laughing.

“That was low Hyung.” Wenhan glares.

“Well Yixuan over here would have someone if he asked Tsukuni out.” Sungjoo teases.

“He has been going to that place nearly every day because of her.” Yibo butts in.

Yixuan is now blushing. “Shut up guys! I am too scared…” Yixuan says.

“You are a gangster for god sakes dude man up.” Sungjoo says sternly. “Just go up to her and ask her out straight up.” Sungjoo says.

“How would I say it though?” Yixuan whines.

“Be like, hey girl, you me boyfriend and girlfriend how about it?” Sungjoo pretends to sound like Yixuan.

Everyone laughs. “That is such a horrible imitation of me!” Yixuan frowns.

“You should really say that to her though Yixuan, then she will be like, ooh he likes me I better say yes.” Wenhan imitates Tsukuni.

“She does not sound like that!” Chae ri protests.

“Okay, fine I will ask her out if… Chae ri lets Sungjoo announce that you two are dating.” Yixuan looks at Chae ri.

Chae ri widens her eyes. “ani! I will not, I could get beaten up. “Chae ri yells.

Sungjoo sighs. “Chae… we are here to protect you, and I have nearly all my classes with you except maths but Wenhan will be there when you go back.” Sungjoo takes Chae ri’s hand.

Chae ri sighs. The one thing she wanted to avoid was that. School was the one thing she never wanted people to find out about Sungjoo and her’s relationship.

“Can we not for a bit?” Chae ri pleads.

Yixuan raises an eyebrow. “Then I won’t ask Tsukuni out until then.” Yixuan folds his arms.

Chae ri fiddles with her fingers and feels tears filling her eyes. Yibo was first to notice.

“Chae… please don’t cry.” Yibo stands up concerned. The rest all look at Chae ri who had her head down and sees tears fall down her cheeks and onto her gown.

“Chae… I did not mean to make you upset.” Yixuan walks forward feeling bad.

Chae ri sniffs and looks up. “It is not you Yixuan… it is me, I am too much of a coward and I want to but im afraid.” Chae ri starts crying. Sungjoo wraps his arms around Chae ri and brings her head into his shoulder.

“We won’t do it then. Not until you are ready.” Sungjoo reassures Chae ri.

“We will go and leave you two alone.” Yibo grabs the two remaining boys and walks off leaving Sungjoo and Chae ri left.

Chae ri sighed and whipped the remaining tears away from her cheek. “I am such an idiot.”

“Hey… do not think that at all. We can go around this entire thing okay.” Sungjoo smiles weakly and kisses Chae ri.

“I hope so.” Chae ri kisses Sungjoo back.

 

BTS had arrived back at their hangout spot.

“I hope she takes my words seriously and separates herself from those boys.

“Good idea for driving her over Jungkook.” Suga patted Jungkook on the back.

“But now we need to plan out our secret. Let them have their time together while it lasts.” Rap Monster laughs.

Jungkook sighed thinking to himself. “I wish I never did that…

Jungkook told the boys he needed to go home. Jungkook quickly left the room and drives away from the hideout.

“I need to make sure she does not suspect me… she would hate me forever if she realized that I did this. I need to lie and that is what is good for her right now.” Jungkook gulped as he turned into the hospital minutes later.

Jungkook grabbed his cap and mask before placing them onto his face and head. He had to make sure UNIQ was not there.

Jungkook walked inside and slowly headed towards the direction of Chae ri’s room. When he finally arrived at the door Jungkook peered in and noticed only Chae ri was inside. Jungkook sighed in relief and opened the door.

“Chae?” Jungkook slowly walked in. Chae ri looked over and she nodded and motioned for Jungkook to come in.

“Hi oppa.” Chae ri smiled. “I have not seen you in a while.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry about before… I never wanted Namjoon to say that, and I wanted to let you know, I was not in the car when they hit you.” Jungkook lies with a pokerfaced.

“I believe you.” Chae ri smiles. “My oppa would never hurt me even if it meant going against his gang. Did you not know what they were doing?” Chae ri looks at Jungkook oblivious to his lies.

“I was at home and then that was when the hospital called me. I ran straight out of the house and came here.” Jungkook nodded.

“Oppa I have something to tell you…” Chae ri sighed before continuing.

“I… well Sungjoo and I are together.” Chae ri announced.

Jungkook’s tried his best to act surprised.

“You’re dating him?” Jungkook says in disgust.

“Oppa! I am dating him, you need to accept it. If not then you need to leave because I thought I could trust you! But I see that now, I cannot because you will never see the good in Sungjoo ever.” Chae ri says in disgust.

Jungkook felt his heart stop for a second. He never heard Chae ri talk back to him like that before. He needed to do something to make it right. Just so his lie was not harder to keep hidden.

“Chae… I might hate Sungjoo and his gang of wannabe’s but if you really do feel for “him” then I have no choice but to let you do what you want to.” Jungkook sighs.

Chae ri sighs. “Thank you oppa, I just wish you all could live peacefully and then we would not have to keep this one little lie.” Chae ri ruffles her hair.

Jungkook nodded. “Maybe… we need to keep it like this for now.” Jungkook nods and hugs his sister. “I need to go home now, I will visit you sometime. Message when they are not coming so I don’t have to wear this and hide.” Jungkook jokes and kisses his sister on the cheek before leaving the room.

Chae ri nods and waves as her brother leaves. Chae ri sighs. “This is only going to get harder when I go back home.”

Chae ri closes her eyes after a moment falling asleep to her music.