Goodbye Sungjoo, goodbye UNIQ

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Chae ri had arrived at the airport. She had stopped crying now. She payed the taxi driver the money and dragged her suitcase and bag into the terminal. Chae ri walked to the desk and asked for a one way ticket to America. When the lady asked her for money Chae ri handed her the cash and gave them her suitcase as she takes the ticket.

“Thank you.” Chae ri bows and walks into her gate with her bag. Her heart was so heavy, she wanted to talk to Sungjoo but if she did then she would cry and he would know where and what she is doing.

Chae said at one of the chairs in front of her gate. The plane did not leave for another 5 minutes so she was able to go on her phone. She decided to go through her photos. Mostly were of her and Sungjoo smiling. Some were with Jungkook and then her and Uniq.

Chae ri continued to scroll as she waited. 3 minutes in she decided to stop and sit there waitinf for the time to pass. Chae ri looked around the terminal for the last time.

“This is goodbye for now…. I will be back in a year. I think that is fair time and will hopefully let them forgive me for real…” Chae ri sighed.

She felt tears roll down her face. She hated this feeling… all she wanted was to quickly leave so she did not feel guilty as much as she did now.

Luckily the intercom went off.

“All passengers boarding flights 112 to America please come to the gate and board the plane.” The lady said.

Chae ri stood up and took in another sigh before she walked to the gate. She handed the lady her ticket and walked down the ramp leading to the plane. She looked around as she walked. Chae ri sighed and when she got onto the stairs her heart started to beat really fast. She showed the lady her ticket and took her to her seat.

Chae ri sat down and was next to the window. Her heart raced even faster.

“Goodbye Korea… goodbye Jungkook and goodbye UNIQ and Sungjoo, I will come back better.” Chae ri closes her eyes as tears run down her cheek. Chae ri clutched her bag and sat there staring out into the sky.

She listened to everyone sit down in their seats and the flight attendants do the safety checks and all that before the plane is allowed to take off. Chae ri felt her heart stop as she felt the plane start. She braced herself for a long ride.

“New life and new me.” Chae ri nods and sits back as the plane lifts off.


Chae ri had finally arrived in America. It took a day and Chae ri felt so tired after the ride. She looked outside to see not Korea but America. She saw how pretty it was. The flight attendents came out and did the routine again for leaving and everyone took off their seatbelts and grabbed their bags and all headed out the doors.

Chae ri took a deep breath as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the plane. As she got outside the ray of sun hit her. Chae ri adjusted her eyes and she finally saw the beautiful America.

She breathed in the air. “A new life for now.” Chae ri said to herself as she walked into the airport.

- 2 days later –

Sungjoo had not heard from Chae ri in two days so UNIQ all drove to her house.

“She must be busy aye” Yibo says.

“Yeah she always talks to us.” Yixuan adds.

Sungjoo wondered why she never messaged him for two days.

The car stopped in front of the house. All got out and walked up to the door.

Sungjoo knocked. Jungkook opened it seconds later.

“Hey guys.” Jungkook nodded.

“Hey, where is Chae? It has been like two days and she has not messaged me or any of the guys.” Sungjoo scratches his head.

Jungkook knew they would come around and now he had to tell them.

“Chae ri is gone.” Jungkook says.

“Gone where?” Sungjoo asks.

“She said she needed to go away and she could not tell you’s because it would be too hard.” Jungkook explains.

“She just left without telling us?” Wenhan says.

“I guess so… explains why she was so sentimental when hugging us…” Yixuan sighs.

“And that I love you text…” Sungjoo says.

“Well then… We will be going Jungkook, see ya bud.” Sungjoo nods and leaves. UNIQ all follow and drive away.

Jungkook sighed. He saw how deflated they all were. “I hope this is worth it Chae…” Jungkook walks inside of the house.

Sungjoo sat in the car as he read the text from Chae ri sent two days ago.

“Why did you leave us chae….” Sungjoo feels his heart break as he looks out the window.

Everything was quiet in the car, no one talked everyone was shocked by hearing what Jungkook told them. Everyone knew that Sungjoo was affected the most. His first love left and they do not know why.

“I miss you Chae ri… wherever you are”