Accident

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

It had now been a month since the brawl against BTS. Chae ri and Sungjoo had gotten closer now and were practically best friends. BTS and UNIQ had not seen each other since. Jungkook would always worry when Chae ri went out with UNIQ. He knew Sungjoo and Chae ri were getting closer. He felt a bad feeling arise every time he saw Sungjoo outside the house. Chae ri and Jungkook had hardly been talking since that day.

Chae was waiting outside since Sungjoo was going to pick her up. Chae had started to develop feelings for Sungjoo now. She knew it was stupid because Sungjoo would never like her. Only Chae was oblivious to how he actually felt.

Chae saw the car come down the street. She smiled and moved forward and stood at the edge of the footpath as the car approached Chae. It stopped in front of her. Sungjoo rolled down the window.

“Hey Chae.” Sungjoo smiled.

“Where are the others?” Chae asked looking inside the car.

“They um decided to walk.” Sungjoo grinned.

“Sure they did.” Chae laughed and hoped into the car.

“So why did you make them walk?” Chae looked at Sungjoo.

“I just wanted to hang with you.” Sungjoo grinned as he looked at Chae ri.

“Oh makes sense, well they must feel so unloved now.” Chae joked.

“They will be fine, besides they are just jealous of our best friendness.” Sungjoo chuckled.

“Makes sense, I am so awesome and fabulous.” Chae joked.

“Yeah you are.” Sungjoo smiled. Chae ri looked at Sungjoo who diverted his eyes away.

Chae ri was now confused with what Sungjoo had implied. Her head was now jumbled with what he meant.

Sungjoo and Chae ri arrived at school. Sungjoo opened Chae ri’s door and then they walked into school. Sungjoo took this moment to grab her hand and hold it.

“Whoa be careful Chae, you nearly ran into someone.” Sungjoo grabbed her hand so he was not holding it after moving her out of the way.

Chae ri felt his hand on hers. She didn’t want to let go so she played along because she thought he didn’t realize.

When the two arrived at the spot all of UNIQ were there. They all knew Sungjoo had a thing for Chae, it was really obvious to them. The only two who were oblivious were Sungjoo and Chae ri.

“Hey love birds.” Yibo says smirking.

Chae blushed and pretended to act like she had no idea they were holding hands. Sungjoo looked down and saw their hands together.

“Oh… did not realize we were holding hands.” Sungjoo laughed nervously. Chae ri also laughed.

“Oops, he moved me out of the way before must have bumped hands.” Chae nodded.

The guys all nodded.

“Sure you did.” Seungyoun joked. Chae ri was now confused.

“You are all just jealous of how awesome we are.” Sungjoo links arms with Chae.

“Yeah… you two should just go hang out together then.” Yibo pretended to be hurt just to get the two away.

“Well then we will. Let’s go Chae.”  Sungjoo dragged Chae ri away.

When the two were gone all the guys laughed.

“It is really funny how those two are so oblivious to their feelings, makes sense to Sungjoo since he is not into that usually but she is so different.” Yixuan says.

“Well we should be happy for him, since it has been so long since he has been this happy, now we need you and Ksukuni together cause you obviously like her.” Seungyoun laughs at Yixuan.

“Shut up, just because I was nice to her does not mean I like her, she does not even see me very often and I don’t have her number.” Yixuan complains.

“Simple, Chae would have her number since they are friends. So get it off her and then you date, Sungjoo will date Chae and then we can be the three musketeers.” Wenhan cheers and he puts his arms around Yibo and Seungyoun’s shoulders.

Yixuan glares at the three. “You are all in alliance I knew it, well let me know how that plan works out.” Yixuan walks off leaving the three.

“This is so going to work, when they are together we can make their lives very fun.” Yibo laughs.

“Wait guys. Has Chae ever done it before?” Wenhan looks at the two.

“Um I would not know, she must have… if not then we need to teach her the ways.” Yibo adds.

“She seems very oblivious to Sungjoo’s liking towards her, she seems way to innocent, my senses say she hasn’t knowing how she dresses. She wears jeans, a t-shirt with converses, we need to buy her new clothes. Wait Wenhan didn’t you buy her clothes that day?” Seungyoun looks at Wenhan.

“I did but she said that she will use them one day, she told me that they are in her wardrobe.” Wenhan nods.

The three guys all laugh. “She is so pure.” Yibo laughs.

“She needs a lesson on ‘it’” Wenhan adds.

“And she needs to date Sungjoo!” The three say in unison.

“Well let’s wait for a while to see how their relationship progresses and then we can make our plan.” Seungyoun announces.

Sungjoo and Chae had just finished getting a drink.

“Why are the guys being so weird? I mean I never understand you at all.” Chae frowns.

“This is us normally, you should know that by now.” Sungjoo laughs trying not to sound nervous.

“Yeah, I know that, sorry I was thinking differently.” Chae ri fixes her glasses.

Sungjoo sighs to himself.

“Chae, if anything ever goes wrong between us and BTS, remember to always run, even if we are hurt just run, promise me.” Sungjoo faces towards Chae ri.

Chae ri looks up at Sungjoo. “What if I don’t want to run? What if I want to stay.” Chae ri looks at Sungjoo.

“Listen to me Chae, there will come a time when we will meet them and things might go wrong and if we are hurt and they come after you, just run, I need you to be okay, just run.” Sungjoo says looking straight as Chae ri now.

“I don’t want to leave you…. I will stay, even if it means fighting back, I will never leave your side, or the others.” Chae ri says softly.

Sungjoo places his hands on Chae ri’s shoulders.

“You cannot fight back. I cannot let you get hurt, so when the time comes run.” Sungjoo says worried.

Chae ri sighs softly.

“Okay I will… but I hope that time never comes.” Chae ri whispers the last part.

Sungjoo smiles weakly and places his hands back to his side and hugs Chae ri.

“I cannot let my best friend get hurt. Not by them, not by anyone. Because you mean a lot to me and I hate if my friends get hurt. Including you.” Sungjoo confesses.

Chae ri nodded. “I just want to be able to defend myself for all of you.”

Sungjoo hugs Chae ri. “Thank you understanding Chae…” Sungjoo smiles to himself.

Chae ri hugged back smiling as well. After the two have their moment Sungjoo steps back.

“Let’s continue our walk.” Sungjoo grins and links arms with Chae before the two head off.


After school Chae ri told Sungjoo and the others that she had to meet Tsukuni. Which she actually had to meet her brother. Chae ri waved goodbye and headed off on her way.

Chae heard her phone go off. She saw a message from Sungjoo and automatically smiled. He wanted to make sure she was okay and that he missed his best nerd friend.

Chae was too engrossed that she did not hear the light thing turn on. Chae ri looked up and quickly ran across. She did not see if there were cars coming her way. She heard beeping and then looked up to see a flash of red before a sharp pain hits her hip and everything goes black.