Pancake making gone wrong

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Chae ri was the first to wake up the next morning. She knew that another day of school was waiting for her. As Chae ri walked out she looked over to all the guys fast asleep around the TV. Sungjoo had woken up when Chae ri walked away so he slowly left the sleeping bodies and walked to where Chae ri has slipped away too.

Sungjoo followed Chae ri outside who was walking to the shop across from their house. Sungjoo quickly caught up and swung his arm around Chae ri who freaked out for a moment before a smile crept onto her face.

“Good morning babe.” Sungjoo grinned.

“Good morning” Chae ri grinned back.

Sungjoo knew Chae ri was not very happy but was putting on a brave face.

“I know you are not in the best mood but all you need to remember that you protective boyfriend will not let anything happen to his princess and your day will become a happy day.” Sungjoo holds his head high.

Chae ri sighed. She knew Sungjoo would stick by his word but she was still worried about the idea of going back.

“So why are we going to the shop?” Sungjoo looks at Chae ri.

“I was going to get something to make foe breakfast. After last night I felt obliged to do something nice.” Chae ri smiles.

“You are the cutest!” Sungjoo pinches Chae ri’s cheeks.

“Stop it!” Chae ri frowns and wacks Sungjoo’s hands away.

Sungjoo laughs and places his arm around Chae ri’s shoulder again as the two arrive at the shop.

“What were you going to make?” Sungjoo asks as he scans the isles.

“Hmm pancakes!” Chae ri says while giggling.

“Ooh! I like that. Pancakes made by my beautiful girl, sounds wonderful.” Sungjoo coos.

Chae ri rolls her eyes and finds the isle with pancake mix. Chae ri takes two satchels and goes to Sungjoo.

“Will two be enough?” Chae ri holds them up looking at Sungjoo.

“Yeah, besides we are not that fat” Sungjoo laughs.

Chae ri nods and skips to the front counter. She pays for them and walks out with Sungjoo.

“Did you sleep well?” Sungjoo asks.

“I had an okay sleep, I kept waking up.” Chae ri sighs.

“Yeah I woke up multiple times as well.” Sungjoo sighs.

“oh by the way when do you want to go back home? Or you can stay with us longer.” Sungjoo asks.

“I will go home after today. I have to make sure the house is okay.” Chae ri chuckles. She had actually been texting Jungkook saying she would come home this afternoon.

Chae ri and Sungjoo arrived back at the house. Everyone was still asleep so the two went straight to cooking the pancakes after they mix the powder with water.

2 minutes later –

You’re burning it!” Chae ri complains.

“It is not hardly brown!” Sungjoo says.

“You can smell it! It must be burning if it smells like that.” Chae ri shoots back.

“Well then ill flip it over.” Sungjoo rolls his eyes and flips the pancake revlieing a very dark pancake.

“I told you!” Chae ri crosses her arms.”

Sungjoo rolls his eyes and takes the pancake off the pan.

“Sorry miss perfect.” Sungjoo places another pancake on.

“What is all the noise?” Yixuan walks into the kitchen rubbing his eyes.

“Morning Yixuan oppa!” Chae ri grins and skips over.

“We are making pancakes. Well trying, someone keeps burning them.” Chae ri looks to Sungjoo.

“I am not a master at making pancakes so sorry if I burn them.” Sungjoo scrunches his nose and continues with the pancake on the pan.

Yixuan sighs. “You two are like an old married couple.” Yixuan shakes his head and sits on a chair next to the bench.

Yibo is next to wake up and walk over. “Wow you two are terrible at cooking pancakes.” Yibo chuckles and watches the two bicker.

“If only Wenhan was awake and not in dreamland.” Seungyoun laughs as he joins the crew.

“It is his fault for being a heavy sleeper.” Yibo mentions.

“Well it that we are all light sleepers thanks to these two bickering over pancake making.” Yixuan groans.

Chae ri and Sungjoo continue bickering for another 2 minutes as the on lookers start to get annoyed.

“What is all this noise!” a just woken up Wenhan appears. Everyone cheers.

“Finally the chef is here!” Yibo celebrates.

“Can someone tell me why it smells like burnt pancakes?” Wenhan stands there.

“The old married couple over here have been burning the pancakes so can you please relieve them of their duties and cook them properly.” Seungyoun pleads.

“Fine I will. Now Chae ri, Sungjoo!” Wenhan shouts.

Chae ri and Sungjoo look behind them.

“Please step away so I can actually not burn the pancakes.

“Finally someone who will not burn the pancakes.” Chae ri looks at Sungjoo before walking away from the stove. Sungjoo frowns and follows.

Wenhan uses the rest of the pancake mix to make 16 nice cooked pancakes.

“Dig in everyone!” Wenhan claps and everyone starts grabbing pancakes and stuffing them in their mouths. Chae ri was stuffing all she can before the pancakes disappear.


After all the pancakes were gone everyone go ready in their school clothes. Well Chae ri was fully in school uniform while the guys shirts were ed with another shirt underneath and their bags slung on one shoulder.

“Y’all are terrible aye.” Chae ri laughs.

“Do not dis the look girl.” Yibo raises an eyebrow.

“Hurry up.” Chae ri laughs and skips out the door.

“Well I am glad she is happy now.” Sungjoo smiles and follows.

“He is so whipped.” Yixuan shakes his head and goes out also.

Wenhan and Yibo walk out with Seungyoun as everyone hops into the car and drives off to school.

Sungjoo was driving while Chae ri was in the passenger seat and the rest in the back. Chae ri had her window down and Sungjoo has some type of indie Korean music on.

The drive was pretty quiet as everyone was listening to the music. Everyone was so into the song that the only thing happening were Chae ri and Sungjoo holding hands. All the guys noticed this and tried not to make a scene.

Chae ri and Sungjoo were oblivious to what was happening in the back so they just continued to have a chat every now and then.