It is to hard to say goodbye

Nerdy me friends with gangsters?

Chae ri had woken up from her sleep. She thought it was late at night but when she checked her phone she saw it was the next day and it was 10 in the morning. She decided to walk outside of the room and all of UNIQ were doing their own thing. Chae had not talked to them since yesterday so she felt like it would be awkward.

Sungjoo spotted Chae ri first and walked over.

“Feel better?” She asks smiling.

“Yeah, that sleep made me feel a lot better, I feel like it is awkward now…” Chae ri whispers the next part.

“Hey… they still love you and they all are still your friends.” Sungjoo smiles and grabs Chae ri’s hand and leads her too the couch.

“Hey Yibo.” Chae ri smiles.

“Hey, feeling better?” He says.

“Yep, I am better now.” Chae ri grins.

Yibo was glad and he had still felt bad for what happened to Chae ri only yesterday.

“Don’t worry all the guys are not even worrying about what happened yesterday so just act how you usually would.” Yibo nods.

Chae ri looks at him nodding. She wanted to go see Wenhan but was still afraid to. She took the courage and walked over smiling.

“HI Wenhan” Chae ri smiles.

“Hey Chae want to play chess with me?” He looks up from setting the board.

“I can try… I am terrible at Chess.” Chae ri chuckles.

“That makes two of us, I play it because im bored most of the time, by the way how are you feeling? You had fainted yesterday I was worried.” Wenhan looks up frowning.

“I feel better now, I did not even realise I fainted I just felt really dizzy and then I out.” Chae ri sighs.

“Well at least all this is over and you can relax.” Wenhan smiles. “And I forgive you by the way, I could never stay mad at you, besides you were the one who ran away with me when we went clothes shopping that day.” Wenhan chuckles.

“I was, they were all so shocked and confused when we bolted.” Chae ri laughs.

Sungjoo had been watching Wenhan and Chae ri from the couch.

“Hey Sungjoo.” Yibo speaks.

Sungjoo looks to Yibo.

“I am sorry about what happened before Chae got kidnapped. I never meant for it to happen.”
“Dude it is okay I don’t care, as long as you do not steal her from me.” Sungjoo points out.

“I would not dare.” Yibo laughs.

“Good.” Sungjoo laughs.


Now that everyone was hanging out together it felt right. Chae ri had lost to Wenhan and Yibo and Sungjoo were chatting it out. All had been forgotten at that time and it was all well.

Chae ri plopped her next to Sungjoo. “I am so bad at chess.” Chae ri giggles and leans her head against Sungjoo’s chest.

Sungjoo wrapped his arms around her. “Wenhan is bad too how could you lose?” Sungjoo jokes.

“I may be nerdy but I am not good at board games okay!” Chae ri laughs.

“Anyway, when do you want to go home?” Sungjoo asks.

Chae ri did not think about it till now. She felt like she needed to.

“Can you take me home now?” Chae ri asks.

“Yeah, we can walk there come on say goodbye to the guys.” Sungjoo takes his arm away. Chae ri hops up and hugs Yibo.

“Goodbye Yibo” Chae ri smiles.

“Cya later Chae.” Yibo ruffles her hair.

Chae ri then skips over to Yixuan and smiles.

“I am going home now Yixuan.” She hugs him.

“Aw cya later chae!” Yixuan hugs Chae ri back tightly.

Chae then went to Wenhan who was packing up the chess board.

“I am going now Wenhan!” Chae ri hugs him as well.

“Aw okay well have fun and I will see you later. Wenhan hugs.

“Yeah.” Chae ri says and walks to Seungyoun.

“I shall bid goodbye now.” Chae ri hugs Seungyoun.

Seungyoun hugs Chae ri. “I shall see you around then.” He smiles and hugs back.

Chae ri waved goodbye to all 4 of UNIQ before she walked out with Sungjoo.


Sungjoo and Chae ri started walking hand in hand.

“All this is such a crazy time… I cannot believe all this unfolded because of me.” Chae ri sighs.

“All is over and you do not need to worry about this anymore, BTS are gone and now we have the end of the year coming up now and all is normal now.” Sungjoo grins.

“I see what you mean.” Chae ri smiles weakly.

She knew that none of UNIQ actually forgive her, she felt like she betrayed them so badly that they are pretending to be happy around her. She felt like all this has happened because she came into UNIQ’s life.

Chae ri knew something had to change and she knew it meant doing what pained her most… leave. They walked the rest of the way in silence.

Chae ri and Sungjoo finally arrived out the front of Chae ri’s house.

“Well I guess I will have to stop seeing you every morning… you have been with us for so long I do not want you to leave…” Sungjoo pouts.

Chae ri tried to stay calm. “You cans survive.” Chae ri winks. She moves forward and hugs Sungjoo.

“I love you Sungjoo.” Chae ri says.

“I love you too Chae ri.” Sungjoo hugs back before kissing Chae ri.

Chae ri kisses back but with more heart. She loved Sungjoo but she knew it was time to leave so their lives would be normal.

“Goodbye Sungjoo.” Chae ri smiles softly.

“Yes goodbye my beautiful girlfriend.” Sungjoo smiles and waves before walking off.

Chae ri could not get herself to tell him what she was going to do. It broke her heart already that she is doing this.


Chae ri walks inside and plops her bag down as she sees Jungkook standing there.

“Hey Chae ri” Jungkook smiled snd hugged Chae ri.

“Hey Jungkook.” Chae ri hugs back. She did not want to leave Jungkook either, one part of her wanted to stay but the other said she had to go and leave for a bit. Not forever just for a while.

Jungkook backed away and looked at Chae ri.

“What’s up chae?” Jungkook says.

“Jungkook I am going to leave…” Chae ri looks up.

Jungkook widened his eyes. “Go where?” he asks.

“I might go to America to see aunty Kath. I feel like all this started because I became involved with Sungjoo and UNIQ and then I feel like I need to give them time away from me and I need to go for me and to figure out my life.” Chae ri explains.

“Do they know?” He asks.

“I can’t… I thought if I left without saying that it would be harder than saying it…” Chae ri sighs.

“Chae… please just don’t go.” Jungkook pleads.

“I have made up my mind Jungkook; as much as this is unfair on them they will just hold me back… I need to do this to give them breather… I lied to them, I betrayed them, I made Yibo keep my secret even when BTS were hurting them… I know they secretly hate me because all I did and I want them to be gangsters and be those ruthless ones I met.” Chae ri says.

“If you want to do this…. I’ll give you money to get a flight, when are you leaving?” Jungkook asks.

“Now… I am going to pack my things and then go.” Chae ri sighs before walking to her room. She took her bag as well and when she went and grabbed her suitcase. She started packing all the things she will need. She took stuff out of her bag and a photo frame of her and Sungjoo was pulled out. Chae ri placed it in the suitcase and all her other stuff.

“Can you just leave tomorrow?” Jungkook asks.

“I need to go now… I will just stay if I do… I am sorry but this is my choice.” Chae ri looks at Jungkook.

“Alright then, I will get you money.” Jungkook sighs and leaves as he grabs some money for Chae ri.

When Chae ri finished she wheeled her suitcase out and went to Jungkook.

“I love you Jungkook, I am not going to make any contact until I decide to come back. It will be to hard.” Chae ri sighs.

Jungkook nods and hands her the money as he hugs Chae ri.

“You have always made the right decisions and I hope this is right for you.” Jungkook says.

“I feel like it needs to happen… but thank you for this Jungkook.” Chae ri backs off.

“I had called a cab when I was in my room so it will be here soon.” Chae ri walks outside.

Jungkook follows and stands at the door. Chae ri walks to the curb just as the taxi arrives. She hops inside and waves as the taxi starts up. Chae ri takes one more look at Jungkook as tears rolled down her eyes. She waved goodbye and the taxi drove off.

Chae ri’s tears were non-stop she took out her phone and went into her and Sungjoo’s messages, she typed in I love you as she cried. She pressed send and closed it as she whipped her tears.

A minute later Sungjoo replied.

‘I love you too Chae ri.’