Final

Smile For Me

Sehun walked along the path, his hands in his pockets as his mind recalled an old yet not forgotten story.

Once upon a time, there live a pretty girl at a mansion in the forest. Hic, hic” the old man started his story.

Her family was rich yet there was no love between the parents and the child. The girl was not allowed to go anywhere but when she reached her teens, she became bold enough to sneak out every night.

One day, her father ordered her to marry the son of a rich family, hoping to increase their wealth. Hic,hic.

She objected at first but when she met him for the first time, her innocent heart fall in love with his dazzling smile, not caring about anything.

Years they live together but the man became bored with his naïve wife. Moreover, her father just died, leaving a huge fortune to his only daughter.

One day, he brought his wife to the beach. They had a picnic but sadly, they didn’t go swimming because she didn’t know how to swim. She asked him to teach her and he did. But it was only for a while.

When the sun was about to set, they both went to the cliff on his suggestion. His wife gasped at the view and while her eyes was filled with mesmerization, her husband quickly pushed her down the cliff. On the last few seconds, she managed to have a glimpse of his smiling face and her love towards him turned into hatred.

A hatred that grounded her soul to the world.

She couldn’t rest until she had her revenge.

Unknowingly to her, time had passed and the husband had gone to another place.

She had lured other men but none was similar to the first man who she had fallen in love with and also the first man who broke her heart.

So if you are somehow a rich successful person who have a dazzling smile, then I advise you to not go anywhere” gruffed the old man before he passed out.

“Sounds like Suho hyung , eh?” said Chen with a smile.

“Neh, Suho won’t follow a ghost around, right?” replied Baekhyun with a smile.

They all laughed, not knowing it would be the last time they could.

Sehun sighed, looking back at the sorrowful aftermath of Suho’s death. Everyone was in shock and they didn’t know who to blame. During his funeral, many had gathered including Kris and Luhan.

Since then, EXO was regarded as a cursed group when all of their plans to get back to their feet didn’t work out. So after a year of failures after failures, the company decided that EXO should be disbanded.

It was the worst moment of his life when he heard the news. The other members too couldn’t believe their journey would end just like that.

A few days before an official statement was realized, they decided to go to a place where they would spend time together before each member left to different paths.

Somehow, they chose the place where Suho had brought them. They tried to enjoy themselves but obviously, who could?

Sehun decided to take a walk on their last night at the resort. He couldn’t keep it together. All of his previous years had been focused on being an idol but he found something more valuable along the way.

He discovered friends who would stand and fall with him, friends who had faced the same obstacles with him, friends that he couldn’t bear losing.

He missed his hyung. He missed him so much. He missed how he supported him all these years.

An investigation had been conducted on his death.  They had discovered that he had fallen from a high place. They searched for clues at the cliff but the police didn’t find any footprints at the cliff except for Suho’s. They concluded his death as an accident.

Still, there are whispers and rumours out there that speculated that Suho had committed suicide.

There’s no way in this world the maknae would believe it.

Sehun looked at the moon, feeling the wind on his face. He knew it was stupid but if the ghost did killed Suho, that meant Suho’s soul would be here. Probably. His brain was not working at that time as emotions clouded his thinking.

He wasn’t surprised to find himself on the cliff because well, he couldn’t take it anymore. He took another step forward and he closed his eyes as he leapt.

The wind whistled through his ears, the gravity pulling him down like a stone.

He expected to feel pain because he knew there were sharp stones near the cliff but surprisingly, he didn’t feel anything. Instead, he only felt the strong force of the sea, pushing and pulling him relentlessly.

When he opened his eyes, he was on the beach. His whole body was numb and he wondered if he is dead. Then, he felt warmth at his hand. The dead wasn’t supposed to feel anything. He then noticed the other’s member faces above him, looking down at him with worry. The person who held his hand, D.O gave him a glare when he found Sehun with his eyes open.

Sehun endured a lot of lecture that night. They were mad at him for scaring them with his diappearence but also they were relieved to find him alive on the beach.

Sehun was a bit confused. The impact should have kill him yet he was found really close to the chalet they were living and unharmed too.

They all helped him up, assuring him it was not the end of their friendship. They had plans to reunite back as a group but it would be different because it would be only just them.

As they walked back to the chalet, fussing on his soaked clothes, Sehun looked back. His eyes widened with surprise when he saw Suho standing at the place where Sehun was found. Suho was smilling at him and he made a fighting gesture before he disappeared into thin air. Sehun smiled for the first time in months. He would continue fighting and he wouldn’t give up and make the same mistakes.

“Thank you for everything, hyung. Thank you for being our guardian for all these years.” He thought to himself.