Third

Smile For Me

On the next morning, they went fishing, using the resort manager’s boat. They had to face some strong winds but other than that, the day was bright and everyone was excited on catching fish except for poor Tao who was seasick.

The manager drove the boat until they could spot a cliff not far from their chalet.

“Oooh, is that the haunted cliff that you mentioned?” asked Chanyeol with curiousity in his voice.

The old man glared at the cliff before he slowly nodded. “Yes, that’s the cliff. There is a tragedy happened on it and the ghost,” a gust of strong wind blew through the sea, adding a chill to the air. “didn’t left that place.”

“But it’s bad luck to talk about it, so if you boys want to catch enough fish for tonight’s BBQ, then be quiet. If I tell you the story, the fish will not come near this boat.” he explained with a gruff voice.

The others just nodded but Suho noticed the mischievous look in some of their eyes.

Flash forward

“Let….hic…hic me tell you the ghost story of the Moonlight Cliff.” the old man slurred, his drunken and flushed face was alighted by the bonfire. Suho could just sigh because he knew someone just purposely bought some alcoholic drinks for the manager so he could tell them the story.

Everyone began to scoot near towards the drunken storyteller. Suho decided it won’t hurt to hear a ghost story but a tug on his jacket captured his attention. He looked back and saw a frightened Tao.

“Hyung, I don’t want to hear the story. I’m scared.” he whispered.

“It’s ok. You can go inside if you want to.”

“Can you accompany me? I don’t want to be alone.”

Suho felt pity towards his dongsaeng who had a rough day  of seasick. He obliged to Tao’s wish so the duo walked back to the chalet.

30 minutes later…..

Suho thought the ghost story had finished when he heard laughter from outside. Tao had fallen asleep and Suho was about to join the party outside when suddenly he caught something at the corner of his eyes.

He found the girl from yesterday was standing behind the bushes and she was beckoning at him to follow her. The urgency in her eyes was enough to make him walked towards her.

“What’s wrong?”

“I want to show you something.” the girl whispered, the excitement in her soft voice was evident. She suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him with her to the forest.

Her grip was ice-cold and strong too but Suho thought the girl couldn’t do anything bad towards him.

They began to climb a wooded hill and when they burst out of the bushes, Suho gasped.

He was standing on a cliff, with the Moon shining brightly upon it. He could hear the waves of the sea crashing the bottom part of the cliff.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” the girl asked with a gentle smile on her face.

“Yes, it is. But I hear that this place is haunted.”

The girl scoffed. “The villagers can be quite superstitious. You don’t believe those kinds of stuff right?”

“No. Thank you for bringing me here.”

“You are welcome. This is my favourite to visit so I thought it will be nice to share it with you. Do you love me?”

The last question caught him off-guard. “I…I…” Suho stopped himself from talking, trying to think for the right words. “I’m not really into those type of relationship right now so I’m sorry if you are hoping for another answer.”

The girl was silent for a long time. Then, she quickly went towards the edge of the cliff. Alarmed, he dashed past her and stood in front of her.

The girl looked at him with an amused look.

“What, you think I want to throw myself down the cliff. Stupid, I’m not that suicidal. I guess I should see this coming. Nevertheless, I think that should be enough.”

Suho was a bit puzzled but then girls are complicated.

“Let’s go. You must be waiting to go back to your friends” the girl continued with a light tone as she walked back to the forest. He followed her but then she turned around suddenly, the moonlight lighting up her delicate features.

“Can I ask you one favour?”

“What?”

“Can you smile for me?”

A few days later

Sehun looked down at his phone, the worry in his heart was enough to drive him crazy. The wait seemed to last forever and the others mirrored his mood. D.O was pacing the room for the millionth time while Lay was staring at the window, hoping for only one person to appear.

Xiumin on the other hand was comforting Tao who looked near to tears but he still holding it in. Chanyeol and Baekhyun was silent as they couldn’t think of anything to make things better. Kai just stared at the door with anger as he couldn’t believe their own manager wouldn’t let them to go outside. Chen was in the kitchen, making some drinks, hoping that the missing leader could be found.

Their wait ended when their manager came to their chalet, telling them Suho had been found at a nearby beach, not far from the beach. They wasted no time to go there, their legs moved at top speed.

They saw the local policemen at the beach and they also spotted an ambulance on a road nearby. There were a few people carrying a stretcher.

“Is he injured?” they all thought.

When they reached the group of people, they couldn’t believe their eyes.

The officer who noticed their presence lift up the white cloth.

That’s not their leader!

That’s not their beloved leader!

Their leader was not the pale person in front of them.

Their leader is not the person who had his eyes closed as if they would never open.

But.

But.

But.

 They couldn’t deny that it was him.

They couldn’t deny that it was his own jacket that he was wearing.

They couldn’t deny the familiar smile on his stiffen lips.

They couldn’t deny that he was dead.

A/N Sorry if it was too predictable.