First

Smile For Me

Suho gazed at the setting sun that illuminated the sea with a smile on his face. He breathed in the fresh salty sea breeze, feeling relaxed after months of stress.

 He breathed out but then a loud commotion behind him broke through the peaceful he was experiencing. He sighed as he heard his name being called for several times.

They were having a week-long break and he had specifically booked a secluded resort but if you put 10 guys in a chalet, well things could be very hectic.

In the end, everyone could finally sat down and eat peacefully after D.O had threatened to serve burnt food for dinner.

Luckily, they were all exhausted after the long trip so most of them went to sleep early.

Not for him though. He heard that the night scenery was really picturesque where you could see the Moon shining so bright and so close at a certain cliff.

An old man, the manager of the resort warned them to stay away from it because he claimed it was haunted but Suho didn’t believe these king of superstitions. Plus, the old man was kind of drunk when they arrived so he couldn’t take the old man seriously.

After making sure everyone was asleep, Suho untangled himself from Tao’s hug which was something he couldn’t avoid whenever they shared a room with him.

 When he was outside, he felt glad he did because the fresh and clean air of the starry night was a relief after being stuck in a stuffy and humid room.

He decided to just walk along the beach for a while when suddenly he heard someone screaming for help from the cold water of the night sea.

He quickly swam towards the pleading voice and managed to grab hold of the drowning person.

He swam back to shore with the flapping person in tow. He was surprised to see the person he had rescued was a woman, not older than him.

She was gasping desperately for air, her eyes widened when she spotted him. She sat up and quickly covered her face.

 Suho, feeling really awkward with the situation, grabbed the jacket he discarded earlier and draped it on her shivering figure before he dropped down on the sand from exhaustion. The sound of the sea filled the silence between them.

“Thank you.”she finally squeaked, her eyes kept staring at the sea.

“Um, you are welcome. May I ask why are you swimming in the middle of the night?”

“I want to practice swimming.” she replied softly.

“Oh, It’s not dangerous, you know, to swim alone at night. You might kill yourself.” he advised but he didn’t expected her to be upset about it.  She abruptly stood up and started walking away to the darkness of the nearby forest.

“Wait! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to insult you. Please I’m sorry.” He shouted while chasing her. She stopped in her tracks and so did he, keeping a distance between them.

“If you want your jacket, come here again tomorrow night.” she said with a curt and cold tone and not even facing them.

He could only watch her disappearing into the darkness but somehow he could hear an unknown whisper:

“Is he the one?”