Proved Them Wrong

Living The Celebrity Life

 

~●♥●~

 

*Narrator’s POV*

 

Months have passed before the rumor died down. Some of the girls who were Heechul’s fans got mad at Min Young about the rumor and even tried to hurt her. With Heechul’s help, the rumor died down when he came to Min Young’s school to assure his fans that there’s nothing between him and Min Young.

 

Three more months and Min Young will be graduating. Tonight, Min Young, Ha Rin, Min Gi and Ae Rin will be performing a dance battle with their classmate at their dance class. This was their final exam at dance class and it was the final exam they’ll be taking since they were done with the written exams. If their group wins then they will be the top honoring students for the graduating class. Many people expected Min Young’s group will win since they’ve been winning for three straight years. Some says, especially most of the girls, that they’ll win because of Min Young’s brother. She was frustrated by this and tonight, they will prove them wrong.

 

Min Young, Ha Rin, Min Gi and Ae Rin prepared for this night. When the rumor of Min Young and Heechul was a hot topic, she placed her frustration and anger to dancing.

 

Vanness even helped with some dance steps and Ju Rin provided for the costume and make-up. Min Young made no contact with Super Junior for a while except for Eunhyuk since they’ve become best of friends. She even asked for help for some dance routines from Eunhyuk.

 

The dance battle is always held at an open arena and everyone is allowed to watch, even students from different schools because only Seoul University gives this kind of examination. Since everyone knows that Min Young was Vanness’ sister, people expected to see some famous idols there to watch Min Young perform. As expected, Vanness was there with Ken and some members from different idol groups. The audience erupted into shouts when they saw their favorite idols. Leeteuk, Donghae and Eunhyuk were there to watch.

 

Min Young and her dongsaeng-deul waited inside a white van while Ju Rin retouched their make-up.

“Unnie, I’m nervous,” Ae Rin admitted.

“Na du, dongsaeng,” Min Young said.

“What are you girls thinking? You practiced day and night and your choreography is perfect! You guys will surely win! Vanness-ssi and Eunhyuk-ssi even helped you guys. Think positive!” Ju Rin said.

“Guess you have a point unnie,” Ha Rin said.

“We have to prove them wrong unnie. We’re not using you oppa’s popularity,” Min Gi reminded.

“You’re right, we have to prove them wrong,” Min Young said, determined to win.

 

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO SEOUL UNIVERSITY’S DANCE BATTLE 2010!” a man’s voice erupted from the big speakers which caused the four girl’s hearts to skip a beat. One by one, the emcee introduced the groups who will be competing. There will be 7 groups competing and he introduced Min Young’s group last.

 

“THIS GROUP WON FOR THREE STRAIGHT YEARS SINCE THEIR FRESHMEN YEAR AND NOW, THEY’RE HERE AGAIN TO AMAZE US WITH THEIR POWEFUL, Y AND BREATHTAKING ROUTINES. GIVE IT UP FOR PARK HA RIN, LEE MIN GI, JONG AE RIN AND SHIN MIN YOUNG!” the emcee practically shouted together with the audience

“There’s your cue girls!” Ju Rin said excitedly.

 

One by one they came out of the van with their hood on top of their heads and practically covered their eyes. The spotlight was looking for them and finally, at the back part of the audience, it landed on four girls wearing red, sequined jacket that shimmered under the spotlight. All four girls wore black tank top, which they folded to show their flat stomachs, under the hood. Ae Rin and Min Gi wore black pants while Min Young and Ha Rin wore red sequined shorts. As always, Vanness protested about Min Young’s short but Ju Rin talked with Vanness through it.

 

Like they always do, they entered from the back of the audience. The crowd parted to give them way thinking that the four girls will attack them if they didn’t move. Seeing this made Min Young, Min Gi, Ha Rin and Ae Rin to smirk. Everyone saw this but they couldn’t see their eyes since it was almost covered by the hood. Min Young led the way with Min Gi and Ae Rin on her left and Ha Rin on her right. The crowd cheered and shouted as they walked with pride.

 

“Min Young-ah! Ha Rin-ah! Min Gi-yah! Ae Rin-ah! HWAITING!” Vanness, Ju Rin, Ken and some of their idol friends shouted.

A group of freshmen boys gave wolf whistles as the four girls passed by. Vanness immediately gave them deadly glares and the boys shrank.

 

As they reached the circle, the dance battle began. It was an intense competition since everyone was battling out for top performing students. Min Young and her friends watched them with their arms crossed but deep inside, they were nervous.

 

“They’re all good,” Onew said to Taemin.

“Don’t worry, they can do it!” Taemin said excitedly.

 

“Gosh, I hope this goes well. Min Young mad a lot of mistakes last night,” Vanness said as he fidgeted.

“Don’t worry. They’ll win,” Ju Rin said.

“Thanks for helping Ju Rin,” Vanness said to Ju Rin and flashed her, his famous smile.

“You’re welcome. Besides, they’re like my dongsaeng,” Ju Rin said as she blushed.

 

“NOW THAT WE’VE SEEN THE 6 GROUPS, IT’S NOW TIME FOR THE DEFENDING WINNER! ARE YOU GUYS READY?!” the emcee shouted and the crowd erupted. It was Min Young’s group’s cue to take the center circle.

 

[watch this first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zf4BjZz1q8 ]

 

 

Ae Rin danced first showing off some of her tutting skills. She was then followed by Min Gi who showed off her hip hop skills. Then next off was Min Young. She first showed a robotic dance routine. It was then followed by some body waves, popping and locking. She even smirked when the crowd screamed louder. Next was Ha Rin who showed some y routines. Then they all danced in sync showing off cool, y, powerful moves that would make every guy drool and every girl to be jealous. The dance ended and the crowd’s scream got even louder.

 

“IS IT HOT IN HERE OR IS IT JUST ME?” the emcee asked the crowd.

 

“Wow, she’s amazing,” Leeteuk said.

Shindong, Sungmin and Ryeowook who heard this, agreed.

“You’re right hyung,” the three said altogether.

“And who were you referring to?” Leeteuk asked with his hands on his hips.

“Ha Rin”

“Min Gi”

“Ae Rin”

They all said together still looking at the girls.

“Oh,” that’s the only word that came out of Leeteuk’s mouth and he turned to look back at Min Young. Eunhyuk heard their conversation and he agrees with Leeteuk. Min Young was really amazing. She was practically the one who made a lot of mistakes during practices but this was the first time that he ever saw Min Young perform like that.

 

“SO, OUR JUDGES HAVE DECIDED,” the emcee announced as the school’s dean brought the results in front. All groups stood behind the emcee. Ae Rin, Ha Rin, Min Young and Min Gi held hands as the emcee read the results. The emcee read the results starting from the third place which was given to the sophomore level. The second place was given to a group from Min Young’s year.

 

“AND THIS YEAR’S WINNER AND TOP PERFORMING STUDENTS ARE..JONG AE RIN, LEE MIN GI, PARK HA RIN AND SHIN MIN YOUNG!!!” the emcee announced.

 

The four girls jumped and squealed when they heard their names. Four certificates were given to them and one huge trophy. They cried in joy as they hugged each other.

 

“It is my pleasure to announce that this year’s valedictorian is Shin Min Young while Park Ha Rin, Jong Ae Rin and Lee Min Gi will be honored as one of the top performing students, too,” the dean announced.

 

“Since the first and second places were given to the graduating students, the group who received the third place will be our top contender next year. That’s all and have a good night,” the dean ended the program.

 

Soon, Vanness and company went to the girls to congratulate them.

 

“I’m happy for you baby girl!” Vanness said as he hugged Min Young to death.

“Oppa! Can’t..breath..” she said. Vanness released her and she continued to get more hugs.

 

“Unnie we did it! We proved them wrong!~” Ae Rin squealed and soon the four best friends shared another hug.

 

“Min Gi-yah!!” Sungmin shouted. Min Gi released from the girl’s hug and ran towards Sungmin. They hugged for a while as Sungmin congratulated her.

“Ae Rin-ah!” Shindong called Ae Rin as well and she ran towards him receiving a huge hug from Shindong.

Ryeowook was about to call Ha Rin when a guy stood in front of Ha Rin and hugged her. Seeing this, Ryeowook got disappointed and went to Min Young to congratulate her instead.

 

~●♥●~