What I Want

Exodus

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I'm back at school now so my updates won't be as regular T^T Anyway, again sorry it took forever, but please enjoy ^^

(Oh, and there will be more action in the next chapter don't worry ^^")


Finally they were all together.
    It was difficult, okay it was very difficult, but they managed it in the end, now it was all about keeping a low profile until they could sort everything out.
    "Alright," Junmyeon slowly made his way onto his feet, chewing on a croissant as he did so, "Now that we have everyone together-"
    "Please don't speak with your mouth full..." Yifan sighed, and despite making up with the other leader, he couldn't resist giving him a small kick in the side, before swallowing his breakfast and continuing, "Now that we have everyone together, we need to form a plan of action," he explained.
    "Can't we do that after breakfast?" Chanyeol asked, everyone nodding in agreement like starving children.
    "Just eat while you're listening," Junmyeon sighed, Chanyeol shrugging and everyone brought their attention back to Junmyeon, who asked, looking at Jongin, "Where's the Box?"
    Jongin was too busy munching on some toast and gestured lazily to the bookcase, Junmyeon looking behind before turning back to the babies making a mess on the floor, "I don't think Wolf is a powerful enough Virus to try to infect the Box and living people as well as that, so it's effect on the Box must be quite weak, but with the ability of possibly taking powers away," he gave a small glance at Baekhyun and Jongdae, "I don't think Yixing should mess with it, so, I think we should take it back to the tree of life, and try to get it healed there," he explained, but Mnseok tilted his head after draining some coffee down his throat, "How do you plan on getting back to Exo Planet?"
    Junmyeon shrugged, "I'll find a way, I think actually we can get there through the Box-"
    "No, no, no, no, that's one of the most stupid ideas I have ever heard come out of your mouth," Junmyeon turned to give a sharp glance at Yifan, before he added, "I'm not risking you, or anyone else, getting hurt."
    Concerned? It looked genuine, and Junmyeon even felt this light sensation in his chest before shaking it off and trying to push towards the idea, "We've gotten in it before, if we can choose with our own will to go inside this time, then we can keep a few people on the outside to get us back out quickly if needed," Junmyeon explained.
    Everyone was silent, some were persistent on still eating, while some stopped and gave it serious thought.
    "I think," Jongdae started, "If we have a right amount of control, then it would be good, but how will we be able to get to Exo Planet through the Box?"
    "Me and Yifan were told, that there's a portal inside that can lead anyone who is inside the Box to Exo Planet."
     "Well then who's going?" 
    "Wait, we never said anyone was going yet," Yifan finally took a stand, leaping onto his feet as if trying to make Junmyeon's statements shrink.
    "All in favour of getting to Exo Planet through the Exodus Box say 'I'," Junmyeon raised a hand.
    "I," everybody raised their hand in almost perfect unison and said the magic words, leading Junmyeon to turn around and look at Yifan with a slight smug look.
    He sighed, "Fine, but I'm coming," he explained. Junmyeon pointed at himself then Yifan, saying, "One, two, so four more?"
    He thought it would only be fair for half of them to go inside the Box and half to stay out and protect it from the outside, but at the same time they had to think tactically about it all.
    "Should Jongin go in?" Jongdae piped up.
    "No, I should safety out so I can go in when needed and teleport the Box away to safety if they attackers come," Jongin explained.
    "Well I think Sehun and Chanyeol can defiantly go in, so two more..." Minseok explained and the two agreed pretty easily.
    "I'll go," Zitao offered, everyone agreeing easily, with only one more needed now.
    "What about me?" Luhan spoke up, but Minseok shook his head, explaining, "You'd be better suited on the outside, so like Jongin, you can help us if we need to get the others out in an emergency," Luhan understood quite well and gave a firm nod.
    "I'll go as well," Kyungsoo offered after Zitao, leading for the final decision of the people going in the Box as Junmyeon, Yifan, Chanyeol, Sehun, Zitao and Kyungsoo. 
    That left the people on the outside as Luhan, Minseok, Jongin, Yixing, Jongdae and Baekhyun.


"Okay," Junmyeon sighed, watching as Yixing placed his hand on the oddly coloured wood at the back of the bookcase. 
    Gently Yixing placed his fingers on the wood, his eyes lighting up once again as the wood started to revive in colour but also start to get thinner.
    "That's all I can do," he said simply, taking a step back and letting Luhan do his work as he shut his eyes and without much strain, the wood cracked before bursting, revealing the Exodus Box.
    The Box was a deep black plain except from 'X's on each face of the cube that were a silver lining and connected along the rim of the Box.
    Luhan reached into the compartment and gently pulled it out, sighing as he took a look, observing the virus, "Oh, yes, I can see it," he sighed.
    The way you were able to tell if the Box was not feeling well, especially with the Wolf virus, is because the silver lining had a sort of red sheen to it, and as it got worse and worse, the silver slowly merged into a deep red, until finally the lining started to crack. The worst it had ever gotten was when the lining was a full red and a tiny crack appeared in the corner of the Box, but luckily they managed to save it before it got damaged any more.
    Jongin slowly took the Box away from Luhan's grasp, holding it gently in his hands, feeling the weight, the metal rim, all felt sort of relieving, but it was just the effects of the Box. Once he had a good hold in one hand, he held out his other, Junmyeon placing his hand in the empty one, and a chain proceeded as the others held onto one another, the people who weren't going in stayed far back.
    "I'll be back soon," Jongin said quickly before suddenly he teleported, taking those who were holding onto him with him.


It was dark, and Jongin's back hurt, and as soon as he remembered where he was he wanted to get out.
    Last time they were stuck in the Box, it was against their own will, and the Box was critically effected by the Virus so it wasn't acting itself, the maze inside the Box was tricking them, trying to hurt them, and it was very difficult to teleport out. But now he knew how to do it, plus the Virus hadn't fully effected the Box yet, so hopefully it would be easier. 
    Jongin quickly jumped onto his feet, giving a small glance around the walls surrounding him, and as soon as he did he could hear the calls of the others as they had already started their first mission, which was to find each over from where they were dropped in the maze.
    But Jongin had to go, he was supposed to be on the outside.
    The street lamp on his left flickered and the old walls shook slightly; it was just a part of the Virus, although it wasn't exactly a good sign.
    Shutting his eyes and concentrating carefully, he had to clear his mind of all things, just the fact that he wanted to get out the Box, he had to picture it and hold onto the picture very strongly, he had to imagine the others standing around the Box, he had to think about all of them waiting for him, Luhan, Minseok, Jongdae, Beakhyun and Yixing.
    But as soon as he thought about Yixing, he started to think about just Yixing alone and tried to throw the thought away.
    No, I need to get outside, out the Box.
    And then he felt a gush of air around him and a pain in his ribs and head as he reopened his eyes to be met with the gazing eyes of the other five.
    Quickly he collapsed onto the floor, but it was all just a part of the process, it hurt more to teleport within the Box, especially with Wolf eating it's way through it.
    He just had to hope that the others would be able to get along.


"I hope they'll be alright, especially Junmyeon and Yifan, they seemed to have gotten along better before they went into the Box," Yixing explained, himself and Jongin were having their usual talk at night when everyone was asleep.
    "I just hope they don't fall out again, they don't realise it but it makes a big impact on everyone else, and at times like these they need to work together," he explained, Yixing nodded before sighing and tilting his head slightly towards Jongin.
    They never looked at each over when they had their talks, just stared into the fire.
    "I'm also sort of worried about Zitao," Yixing brought out of the blue, and Jongin gave a small glance at him before staring back into the roaring flames, asking, "Why Zitao?"
    Yixing gave a small chuckle, "Can't you see it? The real relationship between Junmyeon and Yifan?"
    Jongin thought carefully, they were now more relaxed with each over,  but he didn't get it, and his thoughts were halted by the answer given by Yixing, "Junmyeon likes Yifan, but Yifan can't see it, he just thinks Junmyeon is being nicer now because of the bad things he said, and yes he is, but he's also developed feelings," he then gave a smile, as if it warmed his heart. Junmyeon did need someone in his life, maybe Yifan was it.
    "Well then why are you worrying about Zitao?" Jongin asked.
    "Because," he started, "I think Zitao likes Yifan too, and that'll just lead to a big emotion mess because I think Yifan is starting to look over to Junmyeon more now," he sighed, and then gave another laugh, rolling his eyes to look up at the ceiling until back down into the fire.
    "And as well as that, then I'm worrying about Baekhyun and Jongdae, they seemed to have healed but...I think something happened that night...Baekhyun saved Jongdae, right?"
    Jongin nodded, the harsh memories piercing his mind, "He saved him to a dangerous extent, he could have died, but then if he hadn't have done anything so would have Jongdae."
    "I think that's it then, Jongdae must feel like it's is fault Baekhyun got hurt to such an extent, he won't talk to him, and I don't think Baekhyun likes that at all," he sighed, letting the beautiful air of no words say everything for a moment.
    "Don't you feel..." Jongin couldn't believe he was saying this, he had never said it to anyone before, but he felt like it was the right place and person to do so, "That it would be nicer, just to have a normal life?"
    "Of course I do," Yixing answered without any hesitation, turning around to look at Jongin and pressed a smile between his lips, until they suddenly dropped as he asked, "Why?"
    "Well..." he looked down, still unsure whether to say anything else, but the words just slipped out, one after another, "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, to let Wolf take our powers away..."
    "No, Jongin, don't say that," Yixing said gently leaning forward to try and grab the others line of sight, placing his hand on his shoulder, his fingers slowly started to grip onto his shoulder tighter, "You don't know what they'd do with the power if they had access to it, and besides, the tree of life, the thing that no one else except twelve people on Earth know about, gave you this, for a reason, a special reason, and that is to protect as much of it's life as possible, and it chose us because it knew we wouldn't let it down, no one on Earth can ever appreciate the tree of life, despite all it does, it does it behind curtains, please don't give up, I know you're not one to do that," He explained, his heart opening up, and as he leaned forward to get a closer look at the others face, Jongin turned around quickly, too close, too fast, and kissed the other on the lips.
    Yixing was so shocked he didn't know what to do, he didn't know if he should've pushed away or do something back or...
    Jongin wasn't doing it for any over reason except because he wanted to, and after a few seconds he realised that and gently put his arms around his neck as Jongin held him protectively around the waist as if he never wanted to let go.
    Was this really wanted Jongin wanted?
    Yixing didn't know, but he knew it was what he wanted.