Jongin's Responsibility

Exodus

Yunnan 22:14 Day 2

“Excuse me?” Yixing gently tapped the shoulder of the elderly owner of his favourite restaurant, noting that the sign on the door did say open, he had let himself in, but he was quite hungry and didn’t want to head home yet.
    The owner’s eyes slowly opened, startled, Yixing gave a small smile, “I’m sorry, I thought it was still open,” he explained before returning to his full height, but the owner shook his hands.
    “Oh no, it’s fine, uh, do you want your regular?”
    “Yes please.”
    “Okay, I’ll go make it now.”
    “Thank you very much sir,” he thanked the man before skipping off to his usual seat.
Settling himself down, he put in his earplugs, selecting the song and turning up the sweet tunes, bringing out his phone and starting to write some drafts for a small song.
    His tea arrived and he murmured his thanks, realising the owner had yawned, suggesting he was obviously very tired, making Yixing feel slightly guilty.
    He continued to write however, determined to finish this one line, until suddenly the soothing music stopped sharply.
    There was a large, high-pitched, loud noise in his ears and his phone started to flash and vibrate, in his eyes. The noise had shocked him and he jumped up from his seat, looking at the glitch on his phone with gradually started to form words.
    ‘Run’ and then ‘EXO’.
    Yixing paused.
     Run?
     There was a sudden loud bang from the front door, and quickly Yixing found himself grabbing his phone and obeying the message, running as fast as he could, out of the back door and through the alleyway.
     He emerged out onto the street again, after pausing to see if whoever were trying to catch him were inside looking for him.
     They weren’t at the entrance, so that was his chance.
     But then he was stopped at a halt as his phone vibrated, he was surprised it was working.
     It was from Jongin.
     ‘Meet me at your apartment asap
     Yixing quickly texted back:
     ‘I’ll be there now, hurry pls
     Taking in a deep breath, he ran across the front of the store, quickly but quietly as not to get caught and, still keeping quiet, clambered up onto his bike and started to ride as fast as his legs could pedal.
     As he was just about to turn right at the end of the street, he heard various shouts from behind, but didn’t dare look away from anywhere but the road.
     His apartment wasn’t very far, and as he continued to cycle he was pleased to see it in the distance, seeing it only made him pedal harder.
     Finally he arrived, and was happy to see Jongin standing by the door, leaning against it, eyes widening as he saw Yixing jump off his bike and run towards him.
     “Have they already seen you?” He asked quickly.
     “Who?”
     “Wo-” he stopped and Yixing turned to see what he was looking it, of course it was being the men who had been chasing him.
     “Quick, I’ll explain when we’re safe,” and with that he gently grabbed Yixing by the shoulders and in a puff of smoke they vanished.


“It’s Wolf,” Jongin explained simply as Yixing settled himself down next to Sehun.
     “What do you mean? Wolf is a virus, well as far as we know, it isn’t a person, let alone people,” Yixing explained their so-far knowledge, but Jongin shook his head.
     “It’s a virus, you’re right, a virus that can infect people also, and by the looks of it, it’s infecting a lot of people, if they catch us, I doubt they’ll be able to infect us, but that doesn’t mean they won’t find some way to contain us,” Jongin explained, sighing and running a hand through his hair, giving a glance at Yixing’s shocked face, he then added with a shrug, “I can only teleport once a day at the moment, the distance is too far for me,” he explained, turning around and letting himself fall into the comforts of one of the chairs.
     “I think,” Sehun spoke up, leaning on his elbows on his knees and a look full of seriousness, “They will find us,” he finished, and Yixing turned to him.
     “You mean here?” He asked, Sehun simply nodding, not even turning to look at the other.
     “What makes you say that? This place is secure, and no one can trace me,” Jongin said sternly, as if he had a reputation to protect. Sehun finally turned his gaze towards Jongin, which was surprisingly sharp, and said, “Yes, but if they’ve managed to track all of us, then it won’t be long for them to find this place...your order of who you’re picking up is good though, if you hadn’t of told me then I would have said Luhan too,” he explained, and Yixing turned to Jongin, asking, “You’re picking up Luhan next?”
     “Luhan, Minseok and Kyungsoo, then Chanyeol, Zitao and Yifan, then Junmyeon, and then lastly Jongdae and Baekhyun.”
     Yixing gave an approving nod, but then Jongin added sharply, “I specifically got you today because I knew they would be quick to try and catch you, now please promise, actually, both of you,” he turned his gaze to Sehun as well, “that you won’t go outside, do you understand? If anything like a street camera or a phone or any sort of device spots you near this house, then they will find you, especially you Yixing, you can’t protect yourself like myself and Sehun can, okay?” 
     Yixing sighed and nodded, he hated it when the others pointed this out, they could all use their powers to fight or even runaway if necessary, but Yixing could only heal the injured, he couldn’t actually protect anyone, let alone himself.
     Sehun rested a hand on Yixing’s shoulder as if to tell him it was okay, as if he could hear his thoughts, and Yixing had to give a smile to him for that, but quickly Jongin was to jump up onto his feet and call Yixing over down the dark hallway, Yixing passing a small smile towards Sehun before jumping out of his seat and following after the male.


“This is your room, tomorrow though we’ll decide who you’re going to be sharing it with, okay?” He explained, sorting out the bed and locking the windows, not passing any eyes contact towards the Chinese male.

      It was kind of strange how he was acting the oldest, Yixing thought, and couldn’t help but laugh a bit under his breath.

     “What’s funny?” Jongin asked seriously, but Yixing just waved it off.
     “Nothing.”
     “You know,” Jongin turned around after roughly locking up one last barrier on the window, walking over to Yixing with a stern gaze, “I hope you don’t find this all funny, because it’s not,” he said lowly.
     But Yixing was intimated by his words and smiled, patting him on the shoulder and walking over to his bed, “I know that, but you don’t have to act like it all depends on you, maybe at the moment, but when you get Yifan and then Junmyeon then you can leave everything to them,” he explained, stretching and yawning.
     “I don’t think so,” Jongin spoke up, unlike the other room, there was a wardrobe with clothes in the one Yixing was staying in, and as he spoke he swung open the creaking and old wooden doors, reaching into its contents and pulling out some old and worn out clothes.
     “Why?” Yixing asked, sitting down on the bed.
     “Because, they had a big fallout in the maze remember, they won’t be able to cooperate at all,” he sighed and walked over, passing over the clothes.
      Yixing’s mood quickly dropped, he hated being reminded about that, it wasn’t like the fact he couldn’t fight was enough, but the fact he couldn’t help the Exodus Box and everyone got trapped inside it.
     Luhan and Jongin straining to help and get everyone out the Box.
     And Yifan blaming him.
     But it was sort of his fault.
     Yixing accepted the clothes, Jongin noticing his mood, rested a hand on his shoulder and sighed, “Sorry I reminded you, it wasn’t your fault,” he said gently.
     Yixing took his words, giving a faint nod, and looking up to show a just as faint smile.
     “Thanks.”
     Jongin shrugged it off and walked to the door, before leaving he called, “Have a good sleep,” and even displayed a smile.
     “You too,” Yixing called and then he left, shutting the door gently.