Shining Bright

Exodus

                               Lyon 06:26
"Jongdae!?" Baekhyun wondered the streets, where had the other male gone?
    The lights were dim and the stone floor wet from previous rain, but as if the two weren't enough, a deep shiver ran down Baekhyun's spine.
    He was so glad to meet up with his close friend as they awaited for Jongin, but as Baekhyun left the restroom, he was met by no one.
    Jongdae had never said he was going anywhere, and by every second his worry increased.
    Suddenly Baekhyun's phone gave a distinctive buzz and he reached into his pocket to see a message from Jongin, asking, 'can I pick you up now?'
Baekhyun quickly replying, 'I can't find Jongdae, he's gone.'
    There was a light tapping noise, and he was pretty sure it was just in his head, made up from pure worry, but the tapping continued, and he realised that it was in fact footsteps, and quickly turned around to see a dark figure, shoulders slumped and wearing a hoodie.
    Baekhyun couldn't believe it, but he froze.
    The lights started to flicker and he was purely aware of it too, until finally the light went out, the two souls being sunken in darkness, but Baekhyun found himself still staring, until finally the figure rose his head.
    Two red eyes glared at him and shone, and slowly the mouth opened to reveal glistening white fangs.
    What am I doing? He thought, but his thoughts were stopped by a deafening clap of thunder and a massive lightning bolt pierced the sky, a loud plea in the distance following it, "Baekhyun!"
    "Jongdae!" He yelled in reply and broke into the fastest run he'd ever done.
    He could hear the footsteps behind him, chasing him rapidly, and to try and slow it down, every time he passed a light it flickered off and let out a loud bang, but it wasn't good enough, as the attacker kept running after him.
    Baekhyun kept running, the lightning in the sky striking more and more, until suddenly it halted to a stop.
    No, no, no, no, no.
    Baekhyun sped up, cutting around a corner and almost slamming into a wall as he did so.
    Finally the endless alleyways opened up to a large area, which Baekhyun at first thought was his chance to escape, but then he saw it, the large fence, and he knew that he'd have to turn and fight.
    He ran up to the large fence, slamming himself against it, hoping, pleading it would open, but it was locked, and he found himself turning around to face the attacker.
    It was like a human, but a wolf, like a wolf stuck in a humans body, and he was quick to notice what it was, and knew that he couldn't negotiate, but tried anyway.
    "Look," he took in deep breaths, "You can take me, but not Jongdae, the lightning," he pointed to the lightning as if it didn't understand, although it did stop to listen, "Was created by Jongdae, just let him go, take me instead," but the creature only shook his head and stormed forward towards Baekhyun.
    But he wasn't having any of it, eyes blazing, his whole body started to shine so bright that the attacker backed away, although it wasn't his actual body that was turning into a bright light, he had created lights and surrounded himself, it was one of the best ways to protect himself.
    "I said," he spat, "Tell your friends to let him go," but of course the attacker didn't know what he was talking about, and simply stayed a distance.
    "Get off me!" Calls from the distance, of course Baekhyun immediately recognised the voice to belong to Jongdae and quickly whipped around, hands clenched on the bars as he yelled over to the male, "Jongdae!" Seeing him struggle with at least three attackers, lightning bolts diving from the sky and into the ground, but getting fainter and fainter as Jongdae struggled more and more.
    "Jongda-" His voice was cut off by a hand which sneaked it's way over his mouth firmly.
    More attackers appeared around him, holding down his arms and pushing him to the floor.
    Baekhyun struggled with all his might, the light around him getting so bright that it must have burned the eyes of the attackers, but they proceeded no matter what the pain, their eyes closed but even that hardly stopped the burning light.
    "Baekhyun!" He heard faint calls from the distance, and tried to turn and see, this time from a different source, but as he opened his eyes all he saw was black.
    They had blindfolded him as well as tied his hands together and restricted his mouth.
    Then, still struggling, he was halted to a stop as he felt a gentle hand placed on his back.
    What were they doing to him?
    Baekhyun proceeded to struggle, shouting under the mask covering his mouth, kicking and flailing around, the light around him shining brighter than it ever had before.
    But then he grew tired, not just tired, but sick, and his struggling slowed down, slower and slower, weaker and weaker, until finally he stopped.


Jongin saw the attackers in the distance, and it didn't take him long either to see that Baekhyun was on the ground struggling, and as soon as he realised this he broke into a sprint, Zitao, Kyungsoo and Luhan running beside him.
    As soon as they were close, all turned to Zitao, and taking in a deep breath, he pressed his fingers to his temple on his forehead, concentrating deeply, and as he shut his eyes, everything stopped, except from Jongin, Kyungsoo and Luhan.
    Everyone was impressed by Zitao's development, how he was now able to choose who didn't freeze to his strong time-stopping power, but he had made sure to tell them  that he couldn't hold it for long, but they didn't need long.
    Jongin ran over and pulled Baekhyun away first, Luhan and Kyungsoo reaching down and untying his hands and legs, before removing the blindfold and mouth gag.
    Baekhyun was still frozen, but that was okay as they Jongin reached down and picked Baekhyun, returning back to Zitao, most of all though, he was worried, because as they ran over to help, Baekhyun's light got weaker and weaker before fully disappearing.
    Baekhyun was strong, he could have continued struggling for at least another five minutes.
    When they returned to Zitao, he let out a large gasp for breath and half collapsed to the floor, Jongin turned to look at the attackers who quickly looked confused, but as soon as they spotted the small group in the distance, they jumped to their feet and ran over to try and reclaim their prize.
    "No, no," Jongin was right, Baekhyun seemed to be very weak, as he breathed out with strained effort, "Jongdae," he lifted a shaking and weak hand, pointing over towards the gate, "Jongdae, Jongda-" Before passing out.
    Jongin looked up, and eyes widened, he realised what Baekhyun had meant.
    Jongdae was all the way on the other side of the fence, Jongin could only barely see Jongdae being tied up the same way Baekhyun had been, not struggling at all.
    Then suddenly he felt Baekhyun awake, maybe he didn't pass out or maybe he regained his composure really quickly, but he awoke and asked with pleading eyes, "We have to go get him, you're going to, right?"
    But Jongin didn't know what to do. If Wolf were somehow able to weaken their powers, then it would be very dangerous trying to get past them all.
    Zitao was exhausted and couldn't stop time again, and Jongin couldn't teleport over there with the others because he didn't have the strength to, and couldn't alone because he wouldn't be able to get Jongdae alone.
    As Jongin tried to think of a reason, Kyungsoo shouted, "They're coming," and without a second thought, raised one leg high before slamming it into the ground, causing it to shake the ground beneath them, a large crack reaching it's way to the attackers who fell onto the floor, some stuck in the crack in the ground.
    Quickly, before Jongin could even analyse what happened, let alone stop him, Baekhyun leaped out of his arms and sprinted like energy had suddenly entered him, but legs wobbling as he ran even faster than before, past the attackers stuck in the crack, and screamed, "Luhan!"
    Not stopping, Luhan's eyes widened, and Jongin turned to look at Luhan, "Don't open it Luhan, he's lost it, he doesn't feel right, I'll get Jongin," but the words just blurred past Luhan as he felt himself raise his hands, and slowly the gate started to force itself open.
    "No, stop, he'll get killed!" Jongin hissed, grabbing onto the Chinese male's arm, but he did nothing but continue to proceed with his mind, opening the gate.
    Jongin turned to see Baekhyun running through the fence and towards Jongdae and the attackers.
    Kyungsoo simply stared in amazement, not knowing what to do, but as he saw the attackers get up, he stamped his foot again, sending them to the floor once again.
    Jongin sighed, Zitao was weak, Kyungsoo was keeping an eye on three of the attackers and Luhan was helping Baekhyun.
    He decided to take it into his own hands, knowing he had pushed himself with teleporting the three of them, he quickly teleported by Baekhyun's side.
    "Baekhyun, stop, you're just going to kill yourself, I'll get Jongdae," he explained with heavy breaths.
    Baekhyun shook his head, "No, you can't fight them all, I'll do it, but when I'm done, quickly grab and collect me and Jongdae and take us back, whatever you do though, don't come until the light goes out," he explained, more sternly as he had ever before, and Jongin knew that he wouldn't be able to persuade the other any different, and stopped in his tracks, watching as he continued to run, leaving Jongin behind.
    Jongin teteported back to the other three and repeated the message but simply, saying, "He's going to do a very bright light, you need to turn away," and the three nodded, but Zitao looked up from the ground where he was kneeling, asking with a voice dripping with concern, "He'll be alright, won't he!?"
    "I can only hope so," Jongin sighed.


It was bright, really bright, it actually hurt Baekhyun's eyes.
    He saw them, dragging Jongdae's limp body away.
    It made him so angry, and frustrated.
    Standing still, the attackers paused and looked at him, which was all he needed and quickly, fists clenched, he breathed in, then out, the light going by his breaths, gradually getting brighter and brighter until he let out a scream and it exploded into a large, bright light surrounding him.
    He could hear them scream and yell in pain and even imagined them dropping to the floor.
    'You're like this big, bright star...' he remembered Jongdae telling him when they first met and tried to get over their powers.
    'I won't always be able to see you, but I know you'll always be there.'
    Baekhyun had found it funny at the time, but now whenever he was down, he remembered it and it made him smile, although he always thought it was the other way around, since Jongdae had protected him and saved him several times when they were in a fight

    He would protect Jongdae for once.

    Just one time, he'd show how bright he could shine.


Jongin turned around to see the light had died down, and quickly, without a word, he teleported all the way.
    As soon as he was there, he tried to ignore the screams.
    The attackers held onto their eyes, screaming and yelling as they rolled around in pain.
    Jongin spotted Baekhyun, lying on top of Jongdae, the two passed out but still breathing, but only barely.
    Swiftly he ran over and grabbed onto them.
    This was all his fault.


In the end, Jongin got everyone back.
    He was exhausted, having to go back and forth to collect everyone, but if he hadn't done something so stupid, then none of it would have happened.
    "It wasn't your fault," Yixing tried to comfort him, but Yixing must have seen that it was his fault.
    The two sat in Jongin's 'bed' at night, Jongin looking and feeling so down Yixing could see the depression dripping off him.
    "But it was, that was a mess Yixing, and then when I came back, you had to heal Baekhyun and Jongdae, I'm sorry, that must have really exhausted you."
    Yixing's power was like everybody else's, if he used it too much, then he'd get tired and ill, but unlike everybody else, who could just go to Yixing and get healed, he couldn't heal himself.
    "It's fine," he let out a small smile, but it slowly slipped away as he explained, "Baekhyun and Jongdae seemed so traumatised, when I was healing them, and they started to wake up, they were delusional and started saying things like 'I don't want to lose my power' and 'I don't want to lose Jongdae or Baekhyun' but then Jongdae kept saying over and over again," he took in a deep breath, "'I don't want to die, I don't want to die'," Yixing shut his eyes tightly, and brought his knees up onto the sofa, hugging them tightly, "It was horrible," he explained, "Whatever Wolf did, I'm guessing they were taking their powers away, but it must have felt horrible if they thought they were going to die," Yixing explained, Jongin realising how difficult it must have been for Yixing. He remembered hearing screams inside his room in which Yixing had stationed himself to try and recover the two, and he told everyone that no matter what, they couldn't disturb him.
    It was all Jongin's fault.
    "I'm sorry," he whimpered, "If I hadn't acted like I was in control and could do everything on my own, then Baekhyun and Jongdae would be fine, and you wouldn't be so tired, and Junmyeon and Yifan would feel okay too..." And then he realised he was crying.
    After all of that toughness he had put up, he was crying.
    Yixing looked up from his knees and gently wrapped his arms around Jongin, before pulling him right in and letting him cry on his shoulder, he had never seen Jongin cry before, but that wasn't bad.
    "I shouldn't be crying," Jongin sniffed, but it was all so stressful.
    Why couldn't they have normal lives?
    Was it that difficult just to ask for something normal, a normal life, without worrying you're going to be in pain or caught or hurt?
    Or your loved ones being hurt...
    "It's okay," Yixing comforted the male, "Crying is the best healing of all."