The Exodus Necklace

Exodus

It felt weird, to have the window open, to not feel scared. For a while it had been normal, but then they were reminded of being hunted, to once again have their comfort taken away.
    Why?
    Being normal, they stepped in and out of it, which could both be a painful experience and an exhilarating one. 
    But at the moment, it was painful, it was...very, very painful.
    Going back to the normal world, having to separate once again.
    But where would they go?
    Where could Yifan go?
    He had managed just fine without Junmyeon for a year, but now, just breathing was difficult with knowing the male was no longer living in the same world as Yifan.
    It had been a year since that incident, but Yifan felt like it had only happened yesterday.
    It might as well have been, with the level of hurt he felt inside.
    The cool breeze hit him gently, and for a moment his wonders drifted further than Junmyeon, and to the Exodus Box.
    Maybe he should've hated it, it killed Junmyeon after all, Junmyeon...let his life go, for a box.
    Yifan clenched his fists.
    No, there was no point, there was no point in getting angry at Junmyeon's passion, and Yifan couldn't forget, that it was his passion too.
    But now the Box was gone, it's soul was implanted somewhere else, and none of Exo said they would search for it, they all agreed on that day, that if they came across it, they would know it, and look after it.
    Yifan did wander where they all were, if they were happy, sad, living good, poor, rich.
    They had probably all moved on, but Yifan?
    No, it still hurt him like a raw wound.
    That was still bleeding.
    But it was nice to know that some did improve on their relationship.
    Luhan and Minseok on the last day made a deep apology to each over and separated, for good, this time. Yifan knew that he would never truly know the reason why they had such an unstable relationship, apparently it had something to do with Kyungsoo and Sehun too, but he never went too far into the situation.
    Junmyeon probably would have figured it out.
    No, stop thinking about him.
    Yifan could hear something vibrate by the windowsill, but he was so emerged into his thoughts that he wanted to continue like that. It was relaxing, closing his eyes, remembering everyone happy and smiling whenever they met because they wanted to, or remembering Junmyeon's happy, smiling face. He liked to remember the good things, not the pale, dying face he saw when Junmyeon...
    When Junmyeon...
    Yifan finally came to terms with the fact that whoever was on the other side of the line, wasn't going to be giving up any time soon, and without even glancing at the name, he picked it up and brought the flat, electrical object to his ear.
    "Yes?" He wasn't even agitated, he could sense it as much as the other person probably could, that he sounded just like how he felt.
    "Yifan..." the familiar voice breathed out, as if relieved, but sad at the same time.
    Yifan tried to break out a smile, but watching dark clouds block the sun and people bustling down below the block of flats, none of it made him want to continue smiling, seeing such a bland and plain world.
    "Zitao," he tried to continue smiling, "How are you?"
    "Fine, good," but he didn't seem okay, even Yifan managed to pick that up.
    "Okay..." 
    Zitao was silent, he obviously had something on his mind, worry? Depression? Anger? Frustration?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    

    "I miss Junmyeon..."
    "I know...I know..."


"Look, have you seen what day it is today?" Baekhyun asked, as he laid on Jongdae's lap, checking the date on his phone.
    "It's...isn't it?" He didn't reveal what he wanted to say, because it felt like too much of a sensitive subject. But of course, Baekhyun wouldn't have mentioned it without knowing that they would have to, well, mention it.
    He lifts his head off Jongdae's lap and swung his legs over the sofa, rising to his feet before he turned around to face Jongdae.
    "I'm going to go, do you want to come?"
    Jongdae silently nodded and rose up to his feet, standing next to Baekhyun, neither said anything but stared into each over's oculars. Jongdae didn't know if it was appropriate, but he leaned down and gave the slightly shorter male a peck on the lips.
    Baekhyun sighed, and although they were supposed to be grabbing their coats and taking their leave, he had the urge to hold Jongdae and wrapped his arms around him to comfort himself.
    He didn't know what to do if Jongdae wasn't there, and that just made him treasure him more.


Kyungsoo let the necklace dangle between his fingers, then decided to throw it in the air and grasp the object into his palm as it flew in midair.
    "Careful," the taller male grumbled at his side, although there was no anger or sharpness detected in his voice.
    Kyungsoo nodded, and decided to hold onto the necklace firmly until they got to where they were heading.
    Chanyeol had called Kyungsoo a few days back, explaining how he had found the necklace in a burning house fire, despite being only a onlooker of the situation, he had sensed the specialty of the necklace and dived right into the flames.
    He got the necklace, and was pretty sure it was what they had been expected to come across.
    Exodus.
    As the past Exodus holder was a box, the two had decided to call this the Exodus Necklace.
    It was a beautiful silver chain, with a little silver pendant hanging at the end, carved as the shape of an angel, with a shimmering black diamond sitting in the middle.
    Kyungsoo gave a glance up at Chanyeol, seeing the small burn scar on the left side of his face, just on the side of his eye. Kyungsoo couldn't believe how he could've risked his life as well, just for the Exodus Necklace.
    The tree's in which they walked among started to open up, the path widening as well, to reveal a large grave, shadowed by the forest surrounding it, and the clouds that covered the sky, making it all the more darker, in one of the darkest places to be.


Yixing bent down and brushed his fingers against the dead and wilted flowers that rested among the stone, the precious stone that resembled so much more than a stone. As soon as his fingers were in contact with the flowers, his eyes lit up and the flowers started to revive and grow and become beautiful once more.
    He returned back to his normal stance, looking down at the stone again and the flowers that sat lonely beside it.
    He could hear Jongin's breathing and shuffled closer towards the male, because he knew that it was more painful for the rest of Exo. Despite the fact that when the wolf had been killed and therefore the pain in his head stopped, it came to such a level that he passed out from the pain.
    He almost died, and at the time Yixing wished he did, just to replace Junmyeon's, if it worked like that.
    But sadly, it didn't, and Yixing wasn't even awake when Junmyeon passed away.
    He hoped that the passed guardian would accept his apology.
    No one said anything, all just watched the stone. Yixing knew some where crying, maybe he was one of them? He couldn't tell. His eyes were fixated on the last surviving memories of his caring friend, and not even tears would distract his mourning.
    Everyone's thoughts were interrupted however, by Kyungsoo who shifted to the front of the small group, and passed a small object to Yifan, who seemed in a world of his own, snapped out by Kyungsoo's sudden but quiet actions.
    Yixing turned his gaze to see Kyungsoo pass a small necklace, and he whispered, although everyone could hear clearly, "The Exodus Necklace..."
    The smaller male took a step back as Yifan inspected the necklace, his face neutral, displaying no emotion.
    Yixing kept his gaze locked on Yifan who held the necklace in front and stared for a while, and before he knew it, Yixing felt a gentle tug on his right arm.
    He turned his blurry gaze to Jongin, who faced him with a sad smile, and brought a thumb out to wipe his tear stained face.
    "Come on," he whispered, his voice so gentle and soft and kind...
    He reached a rough hand out, and Yixing placed a small, pale one in it's emptiness.
    Jongin continued to smile, and Yixing didn't know how he did it, as he broke Yixing away from Junmyeon's last memory.
    A raindrop fell on his head, and Yixing couldn't help but turn around to glance back once more to the lonely and empty grave, to then realise that it wasn't empty and lonely anymore, as everybody had left, except Yifan.


Yifan looked at the necklace.
    It was an angel.
    A guardian angel.
    And he swore he could see those beautiful, dark eyes, in the blackness of the center diamond.
    Slowly he brought his hand down, unwrapping the silver chain from around his wrist and lifted it above his head, before slipping his head through, and dropping the angel, so that it peacefully rested on his chest.
    Drops of water landed on his face, and he didn't know whether it was his own tears, or the rain.
    He then remembered that his tears had dried up long ago, and closed his eyes as he let the rain start to pour, getting harder and harder, the heavens opening, the angels weeping.
    It could've been a punishment, Yifan could've ran away and sheltered from it, from the tears, the tears he had ran out of.
    But he didn't, because they weren't tears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    They were just raindrops.


 

 

Well, that's it folks! cringe attack

I read the comments about Junmyeon's death and I feel really bad, however, I also feel touched that some of you said you cried (?) 

Wow .O.

I dind't know whether to take it as a compliment or not, but I did feel touched that you felt touched.

The chapter also caused a few faces to pop up in whom I have never seen before, so it was great to see people who don't usually comment to comment!

Even though this is the end of the main story, I am probably going to add some exotras see what I did there? o3o

Mainly, the extra's will probably just be based around relationships, because the plot was so action packed, I didn't really know where to fit in lovey dovey parts without it fitting into the chapter, and so there weren't that many lovey dovey parts -3- (Some may be M Rated, just for the sake of...M Rated-ness XD)

At the moment though, I can now concentrate on my two other working stories, so be free to have a look (if you haven't already ^.^)

QT

And...

PLMR

Oh, also, I recently made a tumblr account. Now, I have never used tumblr before, never been on it, NOTHING, so I am literally on it for the sake of being on it XD Anyway, on there, apart from the random crap I put on it, I'll probably mention updates, and also, I put my email on there (because my email is what I always check first) and since I'm completely stuck at the moment on any one-shot ideas, I would totally take requests XD

So if you're bored and/or want a request, ma tumblr (I know it's simple, but I actually like it like that XD)

DMLP

I want to thank all of you for actually taking your time to subscribe and read my rubbish mini story! And I hoped you enjoyed the adventure of Exodus (and mini adventures coming soon .3.)

Wuv you!

Bubblegum+T ~