Virus

Honeydew

Two knocks echoed off the walls inside the bathroom alerting hyunseung that he wasn't alone, his heart crashed against his chest, hyunseung hoped that whoever that was didn't hear him practically hurl his heart out.

“Seung, are you okay? If you really don't feel well then I’ll ask manager hyung to drop you back to the dorm.”

Hyunseung tried to calm down despite the mocking petals staring back at him from within the toilet bowl, he couldn't let anyone find out what was going on. After all he vowed to himself that he'll sort everything all out without any problem and it especially won't be good for their mid-preparations when their comeback was nearing.

“No I-I’m fine really, just give me a few mins and I’ll be back up.”

“Okay, I’ll wait for you outside so just take your time.” Doojoon left.

Hyunseung mentally scolded himself for not being discreet enough, in the end he just ended up making people worry about him. Forcing himself up from the bathroom floor he heard his knees crack for staying in one position for too long, feeling a bit distorted, he leaned against the wall of the cubicle for support until he felt he was okay before finally flushing the toilet.

Spending a few more minutes washing his hands and splashing his face with cold water he left the bathroom to find doojoon waiting for him like he said he would handing hyunseung his water bottle. Hyunseung appreciated the gesture and the both of them walked in silence back towards the dance practice room, doojoon held hyunseung back before entering with a firm hand on his shoulder. “Just...don't push yourself too hard please.”
 

Hyunseung simply nodded as he walked back inside the practice room he sheepishly apologised for worrying them earlier with some lame excuse that they bought, they all laughed and accepted it as long as hyunseung was okay.


Hyunseung wore a smile throughout the whole of practice forcing himself to not look at junhyung at all.

 

 

---


 

It’s been two weeks since hyunseung had abruptly ran off at the start of dance practice and since then it was becoming frustratingly harder and harder for him to keep up with his daily routine without making it obvious. He even made the final decision of trying to avoid junhyung at all possible costs, trying was the keyword.
 

He had gone through stage rehearsals, photo shoots, vocal practice and more yet Hyunseung always tried his best to delay the erupting petals but it always took a huge toll on him leaving hyunseung to feel emotionally and physically drained, he was also sure that the amount of petals and flowers were about two handfuls at this point.

There even happened to be a point where he woke up in the middle of night frantically rushing to bathroom only to haul out the pool of flushed pink petals into the toilet.
 

Hyunseung wasn't sure anymore if he could keep the charade up any longer.

 

 

It was one of their rare day offs and hyunseung had decided to stay in the dorm catching up on his long awaited sleep that he needed, plugging his earphones in he let the intoxicating melody drift him away from the world.

Roughly two hours later hyunseung felt someone shaking his arm, the crease between his brows appeared as he turned to his side burying his face deeper into the pillow. There was an unmistakable mumble that hyunseung could hear even though his music was still playing, having being disturbed enough hyunseung ripped out one of the earphones immediately sitting up.
 

His heart pummelled down straight into his stomach
 

“Sorry for disturbing your sleep but I really need you to do me a favour.”
 

It was junhyung.
 

The blush on hyunseungs face heated up to the tip of his ears. “s-sure what can I help you with?” he had seriously hoped that he didn't have any dry drool on his face right now.
 

“Is it okay if you can come over to the studio, I need you to sing one of the songs that I've been working on so far.”

 

Hyunseungs hand gripped onto the duvet subconsciously bringing it up to his chest suddenly feeling exposed under junhyungs eyes.

 

“Can’t yoseob do it – since he's the main vocalist.”
 

“Yeah but I’d rather want you to sing it for me and he's busy at the moment, I’ll even buy you dinner if you come along.”
 

“…fine.”
 

Junhyung smiled appreciatedly at Hyunseung before he left the bedroom leaving the eldest to sulk miserably. ‘I’d rather want you’ sprang off from wall to wall in his skull along with junhyungs smile imprinted to the back of his eyelids, he could already feel the pit of his stomach start to churn uncomfortably.
 

Not now, Hyunseung couldn't afford to let junhyung catch him in fact hyunseung wanted junhyung to be the last person on earth to ever find out.

 

 

---


 

The journey to the studio was dreadfully awkward (from hyunseungs point of view) Junhyung drove them in his car, they didn't talk much along the way since there wasn't much to say plus neither of them were much a of talker but Hyunseung appreciated that junhyung the radio so he didn't have to suffer as much as he already was.
 

Once they've entered inside the rapper made a bee line straight to the table where piles of sheets were stacked upon, while Hyunseung was left to idly observe around seeing the various switches and buttons that belonged on the deck, next to the chair that was facing him Hyunseung spotted a collection of empty coke cans slowly building up in the trash can along with scrunched up balls papers that were littered in between.
 

“Ah here it is” junhyung gave hyunseung over the sheets of paper that were painted with words from top to bottom “briefly read it and then I’ll play the instrumental for a bit for you to understand the flow of the rhythm.”
 

Hyunseung nodded his doe eyes skimming over the messy scribbles jotted down on the sheet, it wasn’t surprising how well junhyung could explain and foretell stories through his lyrics. He even envied how well junhyung could express himself with words far way better than he could.
 

Stepping into the sound booth hyunseung laid the sheets of paper onto the stand in front of him as he put on the heavy headphones, after reading over the sheets a couple of times junhyung spoke through the intercom announcing that he would start playing the instrumental now. Nodding, hyunseung paid attention to the way the melody danced into his ears once he got the rhythm down, that was when he started to test out the lyrics singing along with it.

 

 

---


 

The session ended up dragging on for nearly three hours until junhyung was satisfied with what he had. As promised junhyung brought hyunseung to a local restaurant where they ate dinner and had small talk in between, he almost forgot how easy it was to talk to the other, to hyunseung junhyung was one of those people who you could freely talk about anything and everything with without stopping naturally going with the flow of the conversation.

 

“Oppa? Is that you?”

 

Hyunseung watched as a girl walked towards their table smiling widely at junhyung, without a doubt she was pretty. Long wavy brown hair that resembled waterfalls fell past her shoulders, her eyes disappeared into crescent moons every time she smiled or laughed, it was almost hypnotising watching her interact with junhyung so freely.

 

For a split second hyunseung wished he could be like her.

 

It didn’t take long for the newcomer to realise that hyunseung was there, stumbling over her words she apologised to hyunseung for interrupting the two. However hyunseung wasn’t mad at all for interrupting though her face was already flushed pink in embarrassment, junhyung spoke up saying that the both of them were childhood friends growing up in the same block plus attending the same school. He watched from his seat as the two were now engaged on fibbing embarrassing tales of each other to hyunseung, he laughed watching the duo interact.
 

The more he listened to them the more hyunseung felt as if he was a third wheel not meaning to be there, it was obvious to see the two of them had their own chemistry.

 

They would definitely look cute together as a couple.

 

Hyunseung stood up.

 

“Ah I just remembered that I have to meet up with yoseob back in the dorm, we were planning to have a movie marathon together.”

 

“Oh hold on I’ll drop you back at –“

 

Hyunseung cut him off “don’t worry about it, its okay since it isn’t that long of a walk from here.” He gestured for the girl to take his place after reassuring junhyung and the girl that it was fine and that he’ll see junhyung later on, the three exchanged their goodbyes as hyunseung dragged his heavy feet out the door.

 

Whatever you do. Do not look back. Don’t look back.

 

Those words were chanted again and again in his head as he struggled desperately to not look back, he started pacing to the dorm a little faster now praying that he was getting closer to home.
 

The familiar building finally came into his view and hyunseung didn’t waste anymore time jogging up the stairs two steps at a time not wanting to wait for the elevator, entering the dorm he sprinted straight into the bathroom feeling the pain in his stomach.


'Butterflies in my stomach' please, it's more like wasps instead hyunseung clutched his left side.
 

It happened again. He was on his knees again in front of the toilet throwing up the never ending stream of petals and flowers, hyunseung was panting feeling completely drained. It was honestly surprising that he didn’t throw up his dinner along with the flowers.

 

The bathroom door smacked against the wall, startling hyunseung.

 

“Hyung are you okay? I just got back and I heard you...” yoseob fell silent as soon as he spotted the pink petals and flowers glaring at him from inside the toilet.

 

Hyunseung refused to turn around, he stayed rooted to the ground even though his body was shaking in fear. How could he forget to lock the door?

 

“Hyung.”

 

This was it. Hyunseungs streak of hiding away from the others was finally broken. He was found.


It was game over.

 

He stayed still staring blankly in front of him hoping his heart would shut the hell up. Yoseob moved forward crouching in front of his hyung, he could feel yoseob slowly yet gently brush his thumb beneath his bottom lip as if hyunseung was to fragile enough to break any second.

 

He gradually turned to look at yoseob.

 

Yoseob was crouched in front staring at the pink petal resting on his thumb.

 

 

 

 


Let’s pretend that’s how they compose songs kinda hahaaa, I lied when I said that this was gonna be in probably two or three parts this’ll probably be more than that (〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ
 

But now it begins!!! (*°∀°)
 

(edited;01/02/16)


[Virus - B2ST]