Falling

Honeydew

There was something soft tickling his face, his nose scrunched up in annoyance before swatting away whatever was tickling his face (he guessed that it was most likely either yoseob or kikwang bothering his sleep) surprisingly his hand didn't hit anything nearby except air, confused hyunseung slowly sat up rubbing the tiredness off his eyes. There wasn't any yoseob or kikwang to be found in the room at all; looking around his bed hyunseung found nothing out of the ordinary. 

“Seung, we need to leave in an hour, come and have breakfast before it gets cold.” 

Hyunseung listened to doojoon behind the door as the footsteps faded away, groaning out loud he forced himself up until he caught something tiny and pink at the corner of his eye. reaching out for the pink thing hiding from beneath his pillow he took it out holding it between his thumb and index finger, it was a petal, a pink petal. Pushing his duvet off of him hyunseung discovered even more of them. 

There were at least a handful of pink petals scattered from around the pillow until they disappeared further into his duvet, hyunseung had no idea what was going on he was sure he didn’t leave his window open before his slept nor did he have any flowers in his room. a sense of panic slowly began to rise up; then he felt his chest being constricted painfully tight. 

It was getting harder and harder to breathe, hyunseung covered his mouth as his back arched while he heaved up a cough strong enough to make dry his throat up effectively leaving his eyes watery. Hyunseung abruptly reached for the water bottle beside his bed, uncovering his hand from his mouth hyunseung saw it. 
 
 

Petals. Pink petals laid there in the palm of his hands. 
 
 

This couldn’t be real, maybe he was still dreaming; this was all just an illusion and he should be really waking up soon. He had to wake up soon. The hand that still held the petals was trembling, letting a few stray petals fall through the gaps between his fingers. 

It was getting harder to breathe again; this couldn’t be happening this was probably just a prank or something. 

“Seung, are you okay? We need to leave soon.” It was doojoon again. 
 
Hyunseung flinched, “ye-yeah I’ll be out soon, sorry.” 
 
jumping out of his bed hyunseung quickly collected all of the pink petals on his bed before he chucked them into the trash desperately hoping that no one would find them, taking out the plastic bag full of rubbish with him before hyunseung left his room. 
 
 

Hyunseung pretended nothing happened that morning. 
 
 
 

--- 
 
  

Surprisingly it was normal for people to cough out flower petals, however this could only happen if you happened to be severely suffering from an unrequited love. The longer you drag this on the more flowers would start to bloom from within, eventually to the point that you would cough up the flowers and/or petals. 

There were two main ways of getting rid of the infection; the first way was to simply confess to the other (which is easier said than done) in hopes that the other individual would feel the same; the second way was to get rid of it by surgery. The surgery would be harmless and quick however once you get rid of the flowers the feelings would also be gone too, the flowers would be removed only temporarily meaning there was still a chance that it could happen again. 
 
 

The day carried on as any other day for everyone except for hyunseung, he was still desperately trying to make everything seem like it was okay but it wasn’t easy when you have to refrain yourself from heaving up a handful of petals and flowers out of nowhere. Luckily hyunseung was able to use every break he could to get rid of the petals waiting to escape in his throat; it definitely wasn’t easy when you’re in a group stuck with five other people. 

And it definitely wasn’t easy at all when that one person in said group is the cause for all of this. 

 
 

He sat himself on the cold floor that helped instantly cool his burning body, they had just finished another round of intense dance practice and now the rest of them were finally able to relax for a while before they continued on. Hyunseung was at the back of the room watching the commotion going on in the corner of the room, kikwang and yoseob were animatedly having an argument (knowing them it was probably something ridiculous like which came first the chicken or the egg) dongwoon was with them too adding his two cents to the conversation every now and then, and then there was junhyung. 
 
Hyunseung felt a shiver crawl its way up his spine; it was probably due to the fact that the window was open nearby him. An uproar erupted as both yoseob and kikwang were now standing up pointing at junhyung accusing him whilst dongwoon was laughing his head off. He couldn’t help but smile a little to himself especially when junhyungs infamous smirk came to surface. 
 
Junhyung wasn’t nicknamed joker for nothing, he always had this playful and mischievous side to him despite the cold demeanor he always had on and for the fact he had a knife for a tongue. Deep down junhyung actually had tofu for a heart; behind the cameras he was really soft and sensitive. 
 
He remembered seeing junhyung for the first time, hyunseung was definitely intimidated by junhyung but after getting past the cold mask, hyunseung learned more about the other and the more he learnt and spent time with him the more hyunseung was unknowingly falling deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. 
 
it didn’t bother hyunseung at all when he came to a realization that he was falling for a guy, don’t get him wrong hyunseung still liked girls but for some reason he found himself liking junhyung a lot. 
 
There were no other guys that could catch his attention, it was only junhyung. 
 
Just junhyung. 
 
 
Doojoon walked in with their choreographer meaning that break was over and it was time to get back to dancing, getting up hyunseung made his way to the center of the room. 
 
“Ah, there’s something on your hair hyung.” Dongwoon approached hyunseung. 
 
The colour in hyunseungs face instantly drained. 
 
“Oh, it’s a petal. I think it’s from a plum blossom tree.” 
 
 
Memories of what happened this morning slammed him in the stomach, hyunseung could feel the uprising of mixed flowers and petals rapidly climbing its way up his throat. The palms of his hands were becoming clammy; hyunseung hastily excused himself to go to the bathroom immediately bolting out of the room ignoring the confused looks aimed at him. 
 
Barging his way into the toilet hyunseung locked himself in one of the cubicles at long last emptying out the pink petals and flowers into the toilet bowl, gravity  shoved him down to his knees as he tried to regain his breathing back with his hands gripping onto the toilet lid tightly. 
 
He pushed away the fact that it wasn’t hygienic at all that he was kneeling on the bathroom floor and his hands were clutching onto the toilet as if his life could end any second if he let go, hyunseung was frustrated and angry at himself for letting this happen. He swore that he was being careful but look where it got him. 
 
A fresh set of tears were beginning to break free but hyunseung wouldn’t cry now, he couldn’t. 
 
He wanted to blame junhyung, because it was his entire fault. It was all junhyungs fault that hyunseung just happened to catch the stupid hanahaki disease. 

 
 

It was all junhyungs fault that hyunseung mind was filled up to the brim with nothing but thoughts about him for who knows how long now. 
 
 

 
It was all junhyungs fault. 

 
 

But hyunseung couldn’t find it in his heart to put the blame on junhyung; he couldn’t find it in his heart to even hate junhyung. He couldn’t do it or try as much as he wanted to. 
 
 
Hyunseung drowned himself in his thoughts unaware of the heavy footsteps that approached the cubicle he was in. 
 
 
 
 


Whose footsteps do they belong too? (!!´◯`) 
 
sorry this took so long I’ve been occupied writing up drabbles for my other upcoming stories so here you gooooo~ (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ 


(edited; 01/02/16)

 
[Falling - Olltti ft.Crucial Star]