Flower

Honeydew

Soft muffled voices began to surround him as each second passed by, his senses gradually becoming alive including the pounding headache in the back of his head, reluctantly opening his eyes hyunseung was shortly blinded by how white everything was apart from a grey blob that seemed to be in front of him.

“-ung! Hyung! You’re finally awake, how are you feeling? Do you need anything? Should I get the nurse?”

Sitting up slowly hyunseung looked around the blinding bright room, finally coming in terms that he was in the hospital with a worrying kikwang fussing over him. “k-kikwang?” his voice was awfully raspy, without asking, kikwang gave hyunseung a glass of water that was set beside his bed. As hyunseung drank the refreshing cold drink he was met with kikwang smiling brightly at him.

“I’m so glad that you’re awake now, everyone has been dead worried about you.” Kikwang shuffled closer to inspect hyunseung making sure that he was absolutely fine.

Looking down at the empty glass in his hands hyunseung remembered what had happened before he out, just thinking about it again made his tears resurface, mentally shaking his head he shoved the memory to the corner of his mind.

A hand came into his view gently covering his own, “are you well enough to meet everyone else? Or would you like some time by yourself first.”

Hyunseung met kikwangs gentle yet comforting smile, “I’m fine, I’d like to see everyone else.”

He nodded as placing the empty glass by the bedside before he left the room, the moment he was gone hyunseungs shoulder sagged staring at the patterned blanket over him. A mixture of resentment and worry washed over him how could I let this happen I’m sure by now everyone else knows what happened and because of me the comeback will be postponed. I really am just a burden

“hyung!”

The door opened with dongwoon engulfing hyunseung into a bear hug “hyung, you’re okay now right? Please don’t scare me like that again.” Hyunseung couldn’t help but smile into the maknaes collarbone wrapping his arms around the tall baby.

“Move dongwoon it’s my turn to hug hyunseungie hyung.” Yoseob protested trying to shove dongwoon away.

However doojoon pulled the both of them back ignoring their complaints, “I’m sure seungie would like to breathe and not suffocate to death, he just woke up remember.”
 

Hyunseung sat up properly overlooking the whole group, the maknae line were currently squabbling over something he wasn’t listening to and doojoon was smiling at him. Although his smile didn’t seem to reach his eyes making it hard to tell what doojoon was really thinking about. Once dongwoon freed himself he immediately returned back to his hyungs side practically draping himself over the other, he almost resembled an overly large puppy wanting attention.

Patting the maknaes hair kikwang scoffed in the background at dongwoons aegyo, yoseob took his place sitting himself on the bed beside hyunseungs legs while kikwang occupied the spare chair bringing it closer.

“Hyunseung.”


At the sound of his name hyunseung resisted the shiver sparking up his spine from doojoons stern tone, just like the tone his voice doojoon remained standing firm by the closed door.

“The doctor told us that—that the reason you fainted was because of the flowers in you.” Hyunseung looked away feeling the concerned eyes drilling into him while the grip around his waist tightened “the stems of the flowers are binding themselves around your left bronchus cutting off your oxygen.” He paused letting the weight of reality let hyunseung know how serious it is.

“The doctor insists that you have surgery to get them removed, but first they would need your consent before they can begin.” Hyunseung gripped the blanket wishing that this wasn’t happening, that this was all just a bad dream, and once he wakes he could start his day like normal.

Yoseob leaned his weight onto his arm behind him, “hyung, we want you to get better. Your wellbeing is a top priority before anything else. We won’t force you to tell us the full detail about this.”

“we will always support you with whatever you want to do, just this once put yourself first and we’ll help you as much as we can.”

Hyunseung nervously cleared his throat, “I’ve a-already decided to do the surgery anyway, like you said, I should put myself first for once.” And this way I can move on easier

Relived smiles were portrayed over the members faces their infectious happiness made him feel a lot better. “Just remember that it temporarily gets rid of the flowers and the feelings but then again it’s better than nothing.” Doojoon nodded to himself, dongwoon buried his face into hyunseungs stomach while kikwang berated the maknae reminding him to be careful.

Hyunseung met yoseobs gaze from across him and they instantly shared a smile, it didn’t take long for the bickering between the youngest two to evolve into a huge joke involving everyone in the room, for a little while he felt better.



---

 

An hour later doojoon had left with kikwang and dongwoon as they still had their own schedules to attend to, though they promised hyunseung that they’ll be back later on in the evening so they could all have dinner together. The doctor finally came in five minutes later just after the group was joking about, fortunately there were no other injuries that hyunseung had and since he just woke up they left hyunseung to use this day to rest while tomorrow afternoon they’ll proceed with the surgery.

it was only yoseob and hyunseung left in the room, thankfully the youngest was still around to keep him company since he had nothing going on today, after mindlessly watching dramas that was on tv and making fun of the horribly clichéd movies that were on, the duo were now just waiting for the rest to come soon so they could all finally eat together.

Yoseob took one of the clementine’s from the fruit basket beside him diligently peeling the skin off, “surgery tomorrow huh, are you excited hyung?”

Hyunseung sneered, “of course I am, I can’t wait for my insides to get cut open tomorrow.” Yoseob laughed as he continued peeling the skin off.

“Hey hyung?”

The eldest had stolen half of the clementine from yoseob plopping one of them into his mouth, “yeah?”

“are you really sure about the surgery, I mean, of course you have to get rid of the flowers or you’ll literally suffocate yourself with the flowers – but what if it comes back again and it becomes even—“

He was then cut off by hyunseung shoving a piece of clementine in his mouth, “seobie, I promise you I’ll be fine. I mean it’s better this way, really, and I’ll finally be able to get back into my normal routine - I wouldn’t have to deal with those stupid flowers anymore and…” junhyung
 

Yoseob caught a flash of sadness in the other’s eyes when he fell silent “m-most importantly I’ll be healthy again. I strongly doubt that it will come back again after the surgery.”

“Yeah…you’re right, I’m sorry I’m just really worried and all about you.” He mumbled while devouring the sweet fruit. Taking the last piece hyunseung stared at it in the palm of his hand while debating on what to say next.

“Yoseob, you’ve really done so much for me and I really do appreciate it, especially for sticking with me through all of this. And I’ve realised how unfair it is that you’ve been downright honest to me when—I haven’t entirely been honest to you.”

Catching his attention yoseob looked up from the discarded peels scattered on the tray.

“To be fair about this, I’ll - tell you who the other person is.” He was almost a second away from falling out of his seat but thankfully he somehow managed to stay on, yoseob stared at hyunseung with wide eyes. If this was in any other circumstance hyunseung would’ve been bent over laughing at yoseobs comically large bug eyes staring right at him.


“the other person—it’s actually, um, i-its…”

noticing his hyung beginning to panic yoseob clutched hyunseungs hand consoling him, letting him know that it’s okay, that he wouldn’t judge him at all.


“Junhyung.”


With the slip of the name everything finally came crumbling down, hyunseung was crying, he was sobbing, he was bawling, he was letting out everything he had bottled up. All the stress, anxiety, doubts, every single emotion cracked through the dam, hyunseung didn’t care anymore that he probably looked like a mess right now or that he was crying too loud, he didn’t care as he dropped his façade that he tried to keep up with for so long. Continuously convincing himself that he could do it and everything was going to be fine.
 

He lied to himself, he was terrified, and he was emotionally and mentally drained. He was just so tired.

Yoseob moved the tray away from hyunseung as he sat on the bed cradling his hyung into his arms, listening to hyunseungs pained weeping and hushed whimpers struck a chord in his heart. He soothingly rubbed his back encouraging him to let everything out whilst the other continued to cry into his neck.

While yoseob hid hyunseung into his arms neither of the two noticed the figure outside the door leave.


It took around twenty minutes for hyunseung to calm down, thankfully yoseob was patient and understanding throughout everything. Checking the time yoseob realised that the others would be coming back soon and he was sure that hyunseung didn’t want them to know why his eyes were blood shot red, he quickly went and got ice wrapping them in a napkin so that hyunseung could use them to get rid of the puffy eyelids.

by the time that they came back from their schedule hyunseungs eyes were no longer puffy and red, dongwoon and kikwang had managed to sneak in some take away for everyone to eat. from dinner until the late night the room was lively more than ever with doojoons crude jokes and the maknaes sarcastic comments, for once in a long time hyunseung was at peace.

 


Who was the figure behind the door? Where was junhyung? Will hyunseung really do the surgery? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’m aiming to get this done before junhyungs birthday hopefullyyy, also I’m currently writing up my first chapter for my next story (junseung is in it of course hahaa) which I’ll upload sometime this week so I hope you look forward to it~

Thank you for being patient with my irregular updates!! But I can tell you for sure that the next chapter will be this weekend (〃▽〃);; 

(edited;01/02/16)
 

[Flower - Junhyung]