All Part of the Plan

B.O.Y.F.R.I.E.N.D.S

You guys! This is the final fic that is focused on one couple because the next, and last, ficlet in the series will be focused on them all together. So we hope you guys like it!


"We have a competition coming up, Jongdae. I don't have time to try and teach you something you're suddenly interested in." Junmyeon said exasperatedly as Jongdae poked him repeatedly in the arm, temporarily slowing the cleaning process.

"But Junmyeon!" Jongdae whined. "I really want to join."

"Ask Kyungsoo or something!" Junmyeon sighed, picking up his last book. "I have to go."

"But Junmyeon!" Jongdae grabbed his arm and pulled him back. "I want you to do it." He gave him his best puppy eyes.

"What are you up to now, Jongdae? Is this a part of one of those silly pranks you pull with Minseok?"

"Why would you even think that?" Jongdae faked hurt, but it was ruined by the grin on his face.

"Because you would do something like that." The warning bell rung and Junmyeon shook Jongdae's hand off. 

"We have to go to class." He didn't even feel the press of Jongdae's finger as he taped a piece of paper to his back.

"We can stay here and you can tutor me. Come on, hyung." Jongdae shook Junmyeon's arm pleadingly.

"No." Junmyeon said finally before turning and walking briskly to class.

----

"Why is everyone looking at me?" Junmyeon muttered softly as he stood at his locker at lunchtime.

"Maybe because of the paper taped to your back." Zitao snorted as he tugged the piece of paper off for his tutor to see.

"Seriously? What kind of sick joke is this?" Junmyeon asked, turning to take the note from Zitao, frowning when it's not the typical Kick Me, but a more subtle: Love Yourself. Junmyeon recognized Jongdae's neat handwriting instantly and huffed, stuffing the paper into his pocket.

"Who knew Jongdae was so old-school at heart." Zitao chuckled.

"Not me," Junmyeon muttered. "I'll catch you later, Tao-ah."

"See you, hyung." Zitao waved as Junmyeon walked away.

----

"Wow. Didn't know you could go that old-fashioned." Minseok teased, wrapping his non-broken arm around Luhan's shoulders as he cuddled into his side.

"Can you guys stop being cute and mushy long enough for me to rant about my horrible life?" Jongdae groaned, pressing the heels of his hands into his eyes.

"Sorry, Jongdae-ah," Luhan giggled, pressing a kiss to Minseok's cheek. "I just can't help it, my Minseokkie's so adorable." Luhan reached up to pinch Minseok's cheek.

"Why are you so stressed over nothing? Since when do you want to join the mathletes?" Minseok frowned as he took a drink of his lemonade, offering Luhan a drink.

"Since I starting liking him," Jongdae groaned. "I don't like people, Minseok. It's not in my nature. I'm a prankster, it's what I do. I don't have crushes."

"Maybe it's more than a crush." Luhan oh-so-helpfully provided, taking a drink from Minseok's cup. 

"No. No way," Jongdae says instantly. "It's harmless, right? It'll just go away?"

Minseok shrugged with his good shoulder.

"I had a crush on Luhan for like, an entire year. That never went away." He admitted freely, blushing darkly as he did so. Jongdae groaned loudly, letting his head fall onto the table with a loud 'thud'.

Minseok and Luhan talked quietly for a moment before Jongdae lifted his head back up.

"What should I do, hyung?" Jongdae asked, out of options.

"Why don't you just tell him?" Minseok offered with another shrug.

"And how am I supposed to-" Jongdae started to protest but he was interrupted when Junmyeon walked over to their table.

"Can I talk to you?" the elder asked through gritted teeth, looking down at Jongdae.

"Of course, hyung," Jongdae threw him a forced smirk. "Go ahead and talk."

"Alone." Junmyeon hissed.

"Fine, fine. No need to get all forceful on me, hyung." Jongdae stood and followed Junmyeon out to the courtyard.

"What is this?" Jongdae inquired when Junmyeon held a crumpled piece of paper in his face.

"That's a good question, Jongdae," Junmyeon dropped the paper into Jongdae's hand. "Knew it was part of a practical joke." He muttered before starting to walk away.

"Wait," Jongdae grabbed Junmyeon's arm and pulled him back. "It wasn't- it's not like that."

"Really?" Junmyeon raised an eyebrow.

"I- we weren't- I wasnt-" Jongdae stopped and took a deep breath, glancing at Junmyeon's expectant expression. "The sign wasn't related to me wanting to join," He mumbled. "I wanted to join the mathletes because I wanted an excuse to spend more time with you," Jongdae still didn't meet Junmyeon's eyes. "Jongin was the one who thought of it, really. Kyungsoo offered to tutor me once the idea was set, but Jongin insisted I should ask you to do it instead," Jongdae's face flamed as he looked up at Junmyeon. "I really like you, and I don't know how to deal with it." Junmyeon grinned.

"Oh. Why didn't you lead with that, silly?" He laughed softly, pulling Jongdae into a hug. "I like you, too, you know." He mumbled into Jongdae's ear.

"Really?" Jongdae gasped quietly.

"Yeah. All the pranks you played on me; they were really endearing. Almost as much as they were- are- frustrating," Junmyeon laughed as he pulled away from the hug. "Are you crying?" Junmyeon asked incredulously, wiping at Jongdae's cheeks.

"I'm just really happy. And it's nice to know that my child's play worked out for this." Jongdae laughed at himself, grinning at Junmyeon.

"I am too, Jongdae-ah," Junmyeon grinned back. "I am, too." And he pulled Jongdae into another hug.

----

Jongdae must have fallen asleep somewhere through the movie because he remembered someone almost dying, and then the next thing he consciously realized was that the lights were on and Junmyeon was shaking his shoulder slightly.

"If I had known you were going to fall asleep, I would've chosen a different movie." He chuckled, crouching in front of Jongdae.

"Oh," Jongdae rubbed his eyes. "I'm so sorry, hyung." He said before yawning, making Junmyeon laugh again.

"You don't have to stay with the mathletes if you don't want to. You know that, right?"

"I know, I know; I want to. It's just a lot of studying and numbers." Jongdae whined softly, letting Junmyeon help him stand.

"I know, Jongdae," Junmyeon smiled, ruffling Jongdae's hair before he fixed it. "Stop staying up all night, though." Jongdae nodded.

"Okay, hyung." He sighed, wrapping his arms around Junmyeon's waist and nuzzling into his neck.

"We have to go, Jongdae-ah. They have to get it ready for the next showing." Junmyeon laughed before pressing a kiss to Jongdae's temple.

"Yeah, okay." Jongdae reluctantly pulled away from Junmyeon but let him lead him down the stairs.

"Home now?" Junmyeon asked with a smile once they were both safely in his new car. Jongdae nodded and smiled widely at the elder, leaning his head against the headrest.

"I'm sorry for falling asleep, hyung." Jongdae said softly as they got nearer to his house.

"It's okay, Jongdae-ah," Junmyeon chuckled, pulling onto his street. "Rest up for the competition."

"Can I pass?" Jongdae joked as Junmyeon put the car in park in his driveway.

"Sure," Junmyeon laughed. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"I don't want to bring you guys down." Jongdae cast his gaze down.

"Hey. You won't bring us down, but you dont have to go if you don't want to."

"Can I go to support you and Kyungsoo?"

"Of course," Junmyeon smiled. "I'll always accept your support."

Jongdae nodded and leaned over to kiss Junmyeon's cheek. 

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, then." He grinned before climbing out of the car, waving as Junmyeon waited for him to get inside.

----

"We don't have time for distractions," Junmyeon tugged on Jongdae's arm as he crouched down to pet a dog walking past them.

"We have several hours, hyung." Jongdae chuckled, scratching behind the dog's ears.

"We need to study more." Junmyeon protested.

"No we don't." Jongdae laughed loudly, standing up anyway.

"You can never study enough." Junmyeon muttered, lacing his fingers through Jongdae's and squeezing softly. Jongdae pretended he didn't hear it and just smiled, squeezing Junmyeon's hand back.

"We don't have time for distractions." Jongdae mocked when Junmyeon stopped to pick a rose from a nearby bush.

"We have several hours." Junmyeon rolled his eyes, handing Jongdae the rose.

"How sweet, hyung," Jongdae smiled affectionately, taking the rose and smelling it. "Who would've guessed you're secretly a romantic." He laughed quietly.

"It's not much of a secret." Junmyeon chuckled, wrapping his arm around Jongdae's shoulders as they start walking again.

"So, is it going to be as hard as the other ones?" Jongdae asked quietly.

"Probably," Junmyeon nodded. "You don't have to do much; just answer at least one." He smiled.

"Yeah," Jongdae answered nervously.
"You'll do great, Jongdae-ah." Junmyeon rubbed Jongdae's shoulder.

"I hope so." Jongdae muttered, laying his head on Junmyeon's shoulder.

----

It was after the competition and all twelve boys were hanging out in Yifan's basement as if they were having their own after party for their school's win, lounging around on his couches, recliners and bean bag chairs when the idea arose. It was Yixing's idea, so of course Yifan immediately agreed, making the rest of the room roll their eyes, seemingly in unison as Yifan and Yixing talked about it.

"Let's go skating!" Yixing said excitedly.

"I really don't think we should." Luhan spoke up from his position in Minseok's lap, broken leg propped up on Zitao's lap.

"Oh yeah." Yixing laughed quietly, laying his head on Yifan's shoulder.

"What else is there to do?" He frowned. They list a few things off before settling on Kyungsoo's idea.

"You're a genius." Jongin joked, pecking his lips lightly and making Kyungsoo laugh.

"I am, huh?" He grinned. "I think we should look at Jongdae, rookie of the competition!" Kyungsoo dug his elbow into Jongdae's ribs, making the older boy squeal softly as he moved closer to Junmyeon.

"I wasn't that good." He mumbled, a flush rising to his cheeks.

"You were amazing." Junmyeon beamed at Jongdae, kissing his forehead.

"Thanks, hyung." Jongdae nuzzled into Junmyeon's neck.

"Let's go on Friday, guys." Yixing grinned. The words were followed with nods and murmurs of agreement.

"You really did do amazing, Jongdae." Junmyeon mumbled in Jongdae's ear.

"I'm glad you decided to compete with us."

Jongdae blushed, looking up at Junmyeon. "Me too, hyung."