Let Out The Beast

B.O.Y.F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Kim Jongin got a new dog, and it was absolutely adorable. She was pretty, sweet, and very affectionate. Jongin couldn't keep his eyes or hands, off of her soft, cream colored fur.
 
He named her Jjang Ah, which he felt was the female equivalent to Jjang Gu. He figured if he was able to get the last dog from the entire litter- a girl- he'd call her something along the lines of Mong Ah.
 
He was especially excited that Do Kyungsoo was coming over that night to do homework, even if they were in different classes. Kyungsoo had yet to learn about Jongin's new dog, and even though he loved the other two, Jongin wanted to get his approval on the pup, as he'd be seeing her more often if Kyungsoo was going to stay with him.
 
Jongin tidied the house and fed his dogs. Because he was home alone, he and Kyungsoo were able to study with the dogs around. That particularly made him excited because his boyfriend loved the dogs.
 
The doorbell eventually rang and Jongin opened the door to reveal Kyungsoo and his pretty face. "Hi, Jongin." He grinned and entered the house.
 
"You forgot something." Jongin smirked playfully and puckered his lips. He was still at the door and looking at Kyungsoo expectantly.
 
"No, I didn't." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and sat down on the sofa, pulling out his textbooks. Jongin could see the pleased expression his boyfriend had as he himself pouted.
 
"You play too many games with me." He chuckled and sat down next to Kyungsoo. The shorter of the two looked up at him and smiled.
 
"We both know what happened the last time I fell for that. You sweet-talked me into watching rom-coms with you instead of doing our homework." He replied halfheartedly, and Jongin really wanted to pinch his squishy cheeks. He never understood how someone who appeared so cold and dressed in dark clothes could be so cute looking. At times.
 
Jongin scoffed and clutched his chest in his hand in mock offense.
"I thought you loved our movie dates, but I see I was wrong this entire time." He sighed longingly and averted his gaze to over his shoulder.
 
"Stop being so melodramatic. If we get our work done early, we can watch one film because it is a school night." Kyungsoo told him as he opened his calculus book and prepared his pen and composition book.
 
"Kyungsoo-sshi, why are you such a nerd?" Jongin asked with a playful glint in his eyes.
 
"Jonginnie, why are you such a teenager?"
 
----
 
"When did you get here?" Kyungsoo smiled down at the unfamiliar dog at his feet.
 
Jongin looked down and positively beamed before lifting her up. "I've been meaning to tell you that I got a new dog. Her name is Jjang Ah. Isn't she beautiful?" He cooed and pecked her wet nose.
 
Kyungsoo stared at the two with a swollen heart. "She's gorgeous. And she makes you happy, so that's all that matters." He told him truthfully.
 
"You are so wonderful for liking Jjang Ah, Kyungsoo-sunbae," Jongin breathed a sigh in relief, but his lips contorted into a bright smile as the cream poodle let out a yawn. "Do you want to go to the park with me tomorrow?"
 
"I'd love to Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo smiled down at the book as he scribbled the answers of his equations into the composition book.
 
"I was talking to the dog." Jongin snorted and turned to face Kyungsoo, his own expression immediately falling at the sight of the latter.
 
Kyungsoo was crossing his arms over his chest and frowning- glaring- at Jongin. His heart-shaped lips were pressed into a tight line and the way his bangs swept passed his forehead made him look more intense. With this look and his all black clothes, Jongin had set the dog down and wrung his wrists as nervous habit.
 
They remained silent for a long while, and Jongin was getting even more anxious. He refused to look Kyungsoo in the eye because he knew better than to stare into that soul when Kyungsoo was annoyed. He really wouldn't look forward to dealing with that at the moment.
 
Flustered, he stuttered out, "I-I love you, hyung." With a shy smile. Kyungsoo still wasn't having it.
 
"Don't even start with me right now." He finally spoke and then silently proceeded to get his work done.
 
"But I'd still love for you to come to the park with us." Jongin murmured suggestively. Kyungsoo looked up at him for a split second, averting his attention to his work again.
 
"We'll see."
 
----
 
Kyungsoo did end up going to the park with Jongin and his many dogs. He couldn't deny his boyfriend a date, even if he mostly talked to the irresponsive canines.
 
"Jongin, isn't that Oh Sehun and Huang Zitao?" Kyungsoo pointed at the two people in a spacey field, one if which was swinging around what looked like nunchuks while the other one enthusiasically watched from a nearby park bench.
 
"Oh yeah. I guess Zitao must like Sehun-ah a lot if he's showing off his martial arts skills to him." Jongin smirked and turned his gaze away from the two.
 
"Reminds me of when you showed up to one of my competitions and danced for me in front of my parents." He laughed.
 
"I'm not big on martial arts. Dancing, however, is my strong suit. And if it got me a boyfriend along the way, then I shouldn't see a reason to complain or feel embarrassed." Jongin simply shrugged and slung his free arm over Kyungsoo's narrower shoulders.
 
"Obviously," Kyungsoo chuckled, wrapping his own free arm around Jongin's waist. "So how long have you had Jjang Ah?" Kyungsoo asked and looked down at one of the two leashed Jongin was holding. He was holding the one that kept Jjang Gu in place while Jongin had Mong Gu and the new dog.
 
"About three days, excluding today," He explained. "She's so energetic." Jongin laughed towards a smiling Kyungsoo and he didn't notice that his grip on the leashes had loosened and that Mong Gu was able to free himself from his hand. Luckily, Kyungsoo noticed.
 
"So is Mong Gu." He smirked and pointed to the running dog. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before turning to the direction of Kyungsoo's index finger and finally catching on.
 
"Mong Gu!" He shrieked and pulled away from Kyungsoo, running towards his dog. Kyungsoo burst into laughter and followed his boyfriend.
 
"Here you go, little one. Let it crawl to you and she will bring good luck." Luhan smiled down to a young girl who had tear-stained cheeks from skinning her knee. At that time, Luhan had caught a ladybug and gave it to her.
 
"Luhan hyung! Look out!" Kyungsoo called out when he saw that Mong Gu was speeding towards him. Unfortunately, Luhan was slightly late in reaction and before he knew what was happening, a burnt orange-colored poodle rushed towards him and ran right in between his legs.
 
The dog knocked into one of his legs, and he lost his footing, falling back and into the large fountain adjacent to him. The girl he was previously consoling gasped and grabbed Mong Gu's leash so he wouldn't escape.
 
Jongin and Kyungsoo made it to the fountain, and Jongin took the leash from the young child before kindly thanking her and turning to his dog disapprovingly.
 
It was then that an acquaintance of Jongin, Kim Jongdae, ran to Luhan's aid. "Are you ok, hyung?" He asked once he pulled the drenched boy out of the fountain.
 
"I-I'm fine. Just cold." He sputtered and spat some water out of his mouth.
 
"Mong Gu, what you did was very rude. Poor Luhan-sunbae is all wet thanks to you." Jongin crossed his arms over his chest to remain serious, but the way Kyungsoo was giggling into his palm behind him was too infectious, so he ended up smiling.
 
"I-it's ok. These kind of things are very frequent in the life of Luhan." The older smiled after thanking Jongdae for his help.
 
"You're good?" Jongin asked him. Luhan nodded and swept his wet hair out of his eyes. Then, he turned to the small child and knelt down to her level.
 
"You see? You're already having a lucky streak. You weren't the one that fell in the water." She smiled at his words and held out her hand for Luhan to take, which he did.
 
"Here," she let the ladybug crawl into his hand. "You need this more than I do, sunbaenim. Thank you." She smiled and took off. Luhan chuckled and held the ladybug in his hand.
 
"Well, I feel like I need to reimburse you somehow, so I'm going to treat you to something. Most likely, I will have Kyungsoo call you for us three to meet somewhere, and I can buy you a lunch. Thanks again, sunbae." Jongin thanked him again then pulled Kyungsoo aside after Luhan agreed.
 
When they were out of earshot, Kyungsoo uncovered his mouth and laughed out loud.
 
"Do not laugh at someone else's misfortune, Kyungsoo," He scolded. The smile on his face did nothing but make Kyungsoo laugh harder. "I said stop laughing." He snorted, as he couldn't contain himself any longer.
 
"The life of Luhan. Sounds like it'd be a good movie," Kyungsoo chuckled to himself, Jongin shamelessly agreeing.